View Poll Results: What should we build in Apolyton Prime?
Scout Patrol 0 0%
Colony Pod 0 0%
Formers 2 50.00%
Crawler 0 0%
Probe Defence 2 50.00%
Write-in 0 0%
Cyberbanana 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 4, 2003, 11:52   #1
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 04:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Apolyton Prime situation
This next turn, Apolyton Prime shall complete its Recreation Commons. Here are our options for the next build. Note that production will be at 7 minerals per turn.

Scout Patrol: 8 minerals
Colony Pod: 24 minerals
Formers: 16 minerals
Supply Crawler: 24 minerals
Probe Defence: 16 minerals

Vote now.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 4, 2003, 12:20   #2
Corellion
Prince

Geeze, this is not a good day for me. I forgot that PEACE can't probe us without first terminating our pact. Change my vote to formers.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old October 4, 2003, 19:26   #3
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 09:53
Probe defence. It's not just PEACE who could probe us, the ai could too. Since we have DocInit, it's safe to assume the ai will soon as well, so we can expect cruiser probes aplenty from what Googlie was saying. I would think it's definatly worth making one sooner or later, and why not now I say?

C
Old October 4, 2003, 19:34   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:53
Because IMHO we have too little formers, crawlers, exploration units etcetera etcetera.
Old October 4, 2003, 19:39   #5
Corellion
Prince

WE dont' have Doc: Ini, and it's unlikely the AI will get it anytime soon. PEACE is not going to give away that tech (since the AI will trade it), and that leaves its distribution to us.
Old October 5, 2003, 08:19   #6
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 10:53
We need to boost our economy as much as possible until we go military, so either former or crawler is fine for me. (voted former)
Old October 5, 2003, 10:10   #7
Corellion
Prince

You know, the relelative lack of much berating by PEACE is making me nervous... perhaps we should be willing to curtail our growth slightly to get some probe defenses up.
Old October 5, 2003, 10:26   #8
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Well, you know from your 2139 turn pactmate infiltration (F7, PEACE Icon) that their nexus screen shows that they currently have no probes operational, and are just producing one (at Sealurk Channel - F2 - PEACE Icon) and that it's only just been started (City screen) so the threat is not imminent.

And you know (from your 2138 turn) that the foil probe was active then, so the inference can be made that it was lost while stealing a tech from the AI (or perhaps to an IoD while popping a pod - but that would assume that they were using both their probefoils and their gunships for pod-popping - a risky tactic)

So offering to build a cruiser probe - when you get Doc: Init - and gifting it to them might be a nice gesture of appeasement??? (with appropriate "tongue-in-cheek" condolences for the loss of their probe foil, etc etc) - just kidding

G.
Old October 5, 2003, 10:30   #9
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Or it might be a very dangerous move. I'd rather build it then use it ourselves

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 5, 2003, 10:34   #10
Phenix
Warlord

Waste all the time building a cruiser probe and when we finally have one (and only one) give it to PEACE??

That's a good one
Old October 5, 2003, 10:39   #11
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 11:53
So how did they lose their probe foil? They didn't gain a tech AFAIK. Perhaps their attempt failed? Or perhaps they infiltrated a faction (us?) and lost their probe in the process. Would we get a message of that?
Old October 5, 2003, 10:55   #12
Corellion
Prince

Wow, I didn't know that I knew so much!
Old October 5, 2003, 13:19   #13
Phenix
Warlord

Perhaps they just lost the probe because of an IoD. (I hope so )
Old October 5, 2003, 20:17   #14
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 02:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Or perhaps they infiltrated a faction (us?) and lost their probe in the process. Would we get a message of that?
No - you wouldn't.

If they stole a tech (or credits, or assassinated a researhcer, or launched a virus, etc), PBEM rules require them to invoke the "declare vendetta" option (which due to a bug is offered to the prober and not to the probee)

But the act of infiltration doesn't generate this message, being considered fairly innocuous, I guess.

G.
Old October 6, 2003, 07:00   #15
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

In that case, we need sensors around the most coastal points.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker