View Poll Results: Vote for who should be made our drone ambassador.
Voltaire - Our honourable chairman will lead the way 0 0%
HongHu - HongHu will win their heart 3 37.50%
Kody - Will dig up details 1 12.50%
Jamski - Will spread his influence 0 0%
Vev - Will spread his insanity 1 12.50%
Octavian - Will have an important hive job 3 37.50%
Micha - Will teach them german 0 0%
Allow Drone ambassador in for now, we'll figure out ours later 0 0%
Writein 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 4, 2003, 19:02   #1
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 19:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Who do you want to be our ambassador?
Eg.

Who should be the person that has access to the drone forum.
Old October 4, 2003, 23:03   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 03:54
I agree with GooglieGod that it is a must that we have to send somebody. With the remote possibility that the person could be forced out of the Hive, which I highly doubt will happen, I believe the Chairman, deputy chairman and comrade Kody should not take this job. Otherwise, comrade Kody seems to be the most perfect candidate. I still haven't voted yet.

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 4, 2003, 23:57   #3
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Personally I don't think the pact will break down. If it does break down I suspect the ambassador who has to leave the faction will soon be joined by the rest of the Hive a few turns later.

While I would like to look at the drone's forum and read all their strategies to learn more about the game. I voted for HongHu.

Simply this is an important job and I'm trying to get others involved in doing some the important jobs (HongHu will still be designated as our official CyCon ambassador by the way). Also I'm really am running out of time and this will simply exaberate the problem.

HongHu has demonstrated that she is able to handle a task of monitoring the other factions. She is a frequent forum reader. She also friendly and has the kind of personality that won't make other people angry. Also I'm hoping that she'll be willing to share with me the gems of knowledge she finds in the Drone's forum.

The only skills I have that may be of use are looking at fine details. This would come into play if I discovered some interesting strategies that could be adapted for the Hive game. Or if we were suspicious of the drones.

I'm willing to forego learning those strategies as I hope Buster or one of the other Drones will share them (or maybe even HongHu can share them with me).

Suspicious breed distrust and will break friendships. Until the drones have proven otherwise. I suggest active searching for signs of duplicity will be unnessacry and will destory the pact we are trying to keep.
Old October 4, 2003, 23:59   #4
Kody
Emperor

If the ambassador exchange is to be used for co-ordination purposes then I will probably lean towards a turn player, or someone actively assisting the turn player as our ambassador.

I'll just get that clarified.
Old October 5, 2003, 09:40   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 09:54
Either HongHu or Octavian X, I'd say

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old October 5, 2003, 17:03   #6
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 10:54
HongHu will be a great ambassador, I think
Old October 6, 2003, 00:36   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

As much as I like to spam the Drones I feel it is a shame if we allow Comrade Oct's great diplomatic skills go waste. So I voted for Comrade Oct X.

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 6, 2003, 00:40   #8
Kody
Emperor

Octavian is our great ambassador for the university.
Old October 6, 2003, 01:28   #9
Snowflake
Princess

Oh right I forgot about that.

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 6, 2003, 15:53   #10
Snowflake
Princess

Just realized that Hive's ambassordar is going to CGN so there's no chance of him being forced out of the game at all. In this case I change my vote to Comrade Kody.

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 6, 2003, 19:36   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
Octavian is our great ambassador for the university.
Ummm... Someone care to tell me where I was when this decision was made?

Seriously, though, I'd support Kody. The Drones, by design of our permapact with them, should be the team we coordinate with the most. Because Kody is the only one who REALLY knows whats going on around here ( ), he should be the one to cross-reference plans between our teams.
Old October 7, 2003, 00:12   #12
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 02:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Because Kody is the only one who REALLY knows whats going on around here ( ), he should be the one to cross-reference plans between our teams.
Hmmm - and if Buster gave Kody the password for a Drone turn ..... and Kody built a drone simulator .... the Drive (Hones?) would crush all before them in record time

G.
Old October 7, 2003, 00:31   #13
Kody
Emperor

I don't know if buster would be up for repeatively replaying and mircomanaging simulator turns.

I've already made the offer to give them a simulator, the drones don't need to give me the password. Through the hive infiltration, a screenshot, elevation map, rocky/rolling map, I can setup most of the details. Then buster can add the units, and set the homing to be correct.

The main problem is the simulator requires constant updating so that everything stays on track.