Old October 5, 2003, 08:27   #1
HeymlicH
Chieftain

Local Time: 09:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Automated units
In smac it is possible to automate almost anything. However, in most cases it is not very useful. The only thing I always automate are ships. Although they do a lot of stupid things the automatad ships do better against the AI than myself. They never let something slip through. I'm quite sure the automated ships know the position of each enemy ship, regardless of their visibility.

So, what processes/units do you usually automate?
Old October 5, 2003, 13:13   #2
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 10:56
Nothing, unless the power graph is 95% me and 5% the rest of the factions then i'll get abit lazy.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old October 5, 2003, 14:37   #3
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Apparently, automated missiles make great defense against invasions. They wake and zip out to anything in their range.
Old October 5, 2003, 16:45   #4
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 10:56
you really want to waste a missile on some of the cheap useless units the AI builds though ?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old October 6, 2003, 01:57   #5
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
The point is to alert you to incoming ships/transports, not to gain cost advantage from destroying one