Old October 8, 2003, 08:06   #31
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 00:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
You all are theives. This week a friend told me how he would pay for a service that gave him better selection than the peer-to-peer theives rings. When I asked if he would pay if the theives had equivalent service...
Old October 8, 2003, 08:12   #32
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 05:00
i'm a theif for paying extra money to play imported movies that they don't release in the us at all because they're too foreign?

well, i guess. especially because i had to buy a damn and not-quite-legal region-unlocking cd so i can play it on my ps2.
Old October 8, 2003, 09:14   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 12:00
Quote:
Originally posted by axi
We should consider the difference in the medium. A movie is something one usually watches once and, if it's really THAT good, one may watch it a couple of times again. A CD is something that one might want to listen to hundrends of times in his lifetime. That's why there is a movie rental industry and not a CD rental one. That means that since the average spectator will only want to see the film once, he will gladly pay 7 Euro to a cinema or 1,5 Euro to a DVD/VHS rental rather than pirate it (asuming that pirating will cost him less money than that, which isn't the case yet) just because he won't need to keep a copy of the film afterwards.
I usually watch movies lots of times... Most of the movies I've bought, has been watched more than 2 times during the last 12 months...

I usually only buy two movies a year though...

About cd's:

I don't use the cd anyway, so buying songs directly from internet would be a great solution... if it wasn't for the fact PayPal doesn't work
Downloading cd's directly from the internet would solve a lot of problems (Like having to spend lots of time converting the music from the cd to mp3)