View Poll Results: Who shall lead our crossbreeding experiements?
Comrade Corellion 11 50.00%
Comrade AdamTG02 10 45.45%
Comrade Xenodouganana 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 30, 2003, 21:41   #1
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ACSPDG Elections: Term 1 Secretary of Science and Social Engineering
Comrades! We need one to randomly play around with all matters of science and social engineering. Also, we need SOMEONE to head up research on how to crossbreed xenodoughnuts and xenobananas.

The candidates:
-Comrade Corellion
-Comrade AdamTG02

You have three days. Vote!
Old September 30, 2003, 23:40   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:06
I will withold my vote until I hear a speech from each candidate.
Old October 1, 2003, 00:09   #3
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 05:06
Always remember than the state supercedes the individual, and that what is of benefit to the state will ultimately be of benefit to all individuals. These fundamental tenets of our society cannot be upheld to the level they deserve without someone controlling social engineering who fully and completely understands these principles. Likewise, science is ultimately of primary benefit to the group, rather than the individual. When one fully embraces the truths of these two arguments, one naturally can come to the conclusion that individuals must be willing to make sacrifices for the good of the group. Through careful selection and consideration of our social engineering choices, we can maximise the effectiveness of our faction, as well as keep our citizens properly indoctrinated to the truth. When the citizens fully embrace this truth, they are then willing to commit to some personal sacrifice for the scientific advancement of the faction. When comrades everywhere are willing to surrender some of their rights and privileges for the advancement of all, we shall come that much closer to true enlightenment.

These will be the goals and methods of our Science and Social Engineering policy if I am elected. Individuals are part of the whole, and sacrifices on the parts of individuals must sometimes be made to strengthen the whole. For the strength of our faction, and of the whole of mankind. May the dreams of Comrades Marx, Engels, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and, of course, our Glorious Comrade Chairman Yang finally come to the fruition in the form of a strong Hive.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 1, 2003, 00:26   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Old October 1, 2003, 08:47   #5
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:06
Corellion's speech is politically correct. It has the secret police stamp of approval. Now for AdamTG02's.
Old October 1, 2003, 14:03   #6
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:06
The goal of any right-minded society is enlightenment. What does this mean? In the words of our esteemed Chairman Yang, "The self of the group, and that of the greater race, are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment." In other words, enlightenment is unity, the knowledge that one is only part of a whole, and the identification not with one's passing self but with the eternal collective.

Why should one seek enlightenment? I will also turn to the works of Chairman Yang, who says that "with sufficient enlightenment, we can bring substance to any distinction -- north without south, mind without body, pleasure without pain." In other words, enlgihtenment is power -- the power to do what is conventionally perceived as impossible. This power brings great strength to the collective, and it cannot help thereby bringing unity as well.

Enlightenmrent is one more thing, if we are to believe the philosophers of East and West, the greatest minds of all the ages. It is knowledge, understanding, comprehension. And it is that enlightenment that I seek to bring you as Secretary for Scientific and Social Experiments, trusting that all forms of enlightenment are one and the one entails the other. Because with knowledge, we gain techniques, and with techniques, we gain power, and with power, mastery, sand with mastery, unity. And unity is itself enlightenment.

Why do I believe I am the right one to bring this knowledge to the Hive? Because I have domne so before. In past lives, I managed the scientific and social engineering of the hated Peacekeepers, and the science of the unethical University. While it pains me to recall such unenlightened incarnations, I wish now to use my skills for the glorious task of the Hive, and hope that I will be chosen to do so.

The path to enlightenment, as Lenin so aptly pointed out, is democratic centralism. When everyone has input, all optiuons can be considered, and the most enlightened option chosen. But after the correct path is decided upon, let none disturb the society's unity by advocating any seditious other path. The choice of the State is by definition enlightened.

If the Central Committee sees fit to choose me, I will serve to the best of my ability. If not, I will gladly support Corellion, for should he be chosen it will be proven and beyond a doubt that his appointment was the enlightened choice. I stand before you as a candidate, however, because I strongly believe myself to be the best choice. I may be mistaken, and I will not substitute my judgement for that of the group. But this is my contribution, to deliberation, to democratic centralism, and hopefully to enlightenment.
Old October 2, 2003, 10:45   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

This was the hardest choice, but due to my involvement with Comrade Corellion in the Team Game, I know him to be a very able, active and interesting ACer, and thus he gets my vote.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 2, 2003, 17:04   #8
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:06
AdamTG02 speech is also deemed politically correct and with nice (hIve trained) humility touch which goes down well with the citizens.
Old October 4, 2003, 12:58   #9
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 06:06
Congratulations, Comrade Corellion. The people's choice has proven your fitness for the task ahead. You have my full support as you guide our society and our research efforts.
Old October 4, 2003, 13:28   #10
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 05:06
Thank you very much Comrade AdamTG02... I am sure that you shall continue to contribute to the Glory of the Hive from whatever role you decide to take.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.