Old October 10, 2003, 19:26   #121
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ok. I don't have any love to keep it going. But I do have a love to honor Siro and wich him good luck, and good thoughts when he may be discouraged.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:33   #122
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 12:15
TCO, where were US in Bosnia? In Kongo?

I'm sure everyone want a death barrage to hit the enemy. The only problem with that is that you seldom know who is the enemy. You have to aim well before you shoot, not just hose a wall of lead down bad guy alley and hope the bullets will find the appropriate targets. Every innocent person you kill will create at least 2 potential terrorists from his or her family. US military is infamous for shooting or bombing neutral embassies, news stations and journalists, own troops, allied troops etc.

Sorry for the threadjack again Siro, but what I said applies to you too.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:33   #123
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
And btw, some poly members really DON'T come back.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Those don't exist!
Shut up or they will come for you too.

Quote:
Do Israeli soldiers who kill neutrals get punished?

EDIT: While I wrote this, you already answered the question partly (but not completely)
If it isn't covered up and if it was a result of criminal intent (intentionally) or criminal recklesness then they are tried either in a military court or sometimes in a civil court and serve long jail times (by Israeli standards).

Sometimes field commanders cover it up, and punish the soldiers without reporting it.

Sometimes they just cover it up, like any army.

But just so you know - Israel takes it very seriously. Several border patrol regiments were disbanded and their soldiers and officers either tried, punished or moved because of an unusually high number of violence cases in their midst.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:36   #124
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
Ok. I don't have any love to keep it going. But I do have a love to honor Siro and wich him good luck, and good thoughts when he may be discouraged.
thanks man

What I don't get is the rivalry between different arms in the us military. I mean, it's much higher than in Israel. There is more rivalry between designated foot divisions (Israel has 4 of those: Golani, Givati (previously marines), Nahal (includes "kibutz like" activity) and Paratroopers).
Old October 10, 2003, 19:41   #125
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
But just so you know - Israel takes it very seriously. Several border patrol regiments were disbanded and their soldiers and officers either tried, punished or moved because of an unusually high number of violence cases in their midst.
Good. That improves my opinion about you (your army, that is. I already have good feelings for the person Sirotnikov).

As I said, stay safe and try to avoid killing someone. If you do, his ghost will come back to haunt you in your nighmares even if he really deserved to die in the first place.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:46   #126
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

I think that, If I wont get into any university next year, I will apply to the IDF. Seriously

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 19:49   #127
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Do you know if a civilserviceman can apply to IDF?

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 19:50   #128
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
As I said, stay safe and try to avoid killing someone. If you do, his ghost will come back to haunt you in your nighmares even if he really deserved to die in the first place.
1. I doubt I will ever personally kill someone during the next 4 years. I won't have a weapon for most of that time, and I'm heading towards a deskjob.
2. I have no remorse for people who deserved to die, and will just call the "gohst busters"
Old October 10, 2003, 19:51   #129
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
Do you know if a civilserviceman can apply to IDF?
no idea.
you are welcome to go to the IDF site or Ministry of foreign affairs site and check it out.

www.idf.il
www.mfa.gov.il
Old October 10, 2003, 19:56   #130
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 13:15
Siro, You know I was only joking about the unaimed rapid fire things some pages back..

I agree with chemical ollie, try not to shoot anyone and avoid getting into position where you might have to do that... like being in danger yourself or defending your buddies life.. I believe it will hunt you later on even if it was justified self defense.. if possible avoid it.. if not possible.. protect yourself.

Well you're a grown man who am I to talk about these things I don't even live there.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:59   #131
laurentius
King

I couldnt find anything related. Maybe i should search for some Zylkas threads or just walk into Israeli embassy in here

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 20:03   #132
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
TCO, where were US in Bosnia? In Kongo?

I'm sure everyone want a death barrage to hit the enemy. The only problem with that is that you seldom know who is the enemy. You have to aim well before you shoot, not just hose a wall of lead down bad guy alley and hope the bullets will find the appropriate targets. Every innocent person you kill will create at least 2 potential terrorists from his or her family. US military is infamous for shooting or bombing neutral embassies, news stations and journalists, own troops, allied troops etc.

Sorry for the threadjack again Siro, but what I said applies to you too.
Yeah...whatever. Next time, there is a tough situation, watch the run for uncle sugar. Where is the Un in Iraq? Packing for home.

Even when you all have the combionied pwoer like in Kosovo, you need us along to make it all cool.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:04   #133
Pekka
Emperor

UN != Europe. Europe != A country.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:07   #134
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov

2. I have no remorse for people who deserved to die, and will just call the "gohst busters"
That was my opinion too, when I was in the military 1987-88. I'm more mature now (at least on that topic). The ghosts are not a matter of your choice.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:11   #135
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 20:15
Good luck, mazel tov, best wishes, accept no rubber shekels, stay out of harm's way, and revisit the pulsating heart of depravity that is Off Topic.

And as Chaim Herzog would say, slainte.

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old October 10, 2003, 20:12   #136
Chemical Ollie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by TCO

Where is the Un in Iraq? Packing for home.
Hasn't anyone opened a separate thread to escape from this threadjack yet?

You asked UN to leave, remember? Hans Blix was trying eagerly to do his job, but oh no, Bush would not let him. He wanted his little dirty war at any cost. Still US has not found any more WoMD than UN did.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:13   #137
TCO
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

They packed uyp after the bombing.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:17   #138
Sirotnikov
Emperor

thanks molly

Quote:
I agree with chemical ollie, try not to shoot anyone and avoid getting into position where you might have to do that... like being in danger yourself or defending your buddies life.. I believe it will hunt you later on even if it was justified self defense.. if possible avoid it.. if not possible.. protect yourself.
I admit it will probably haunt me if it occurs. It's far from an easy thing. But I won't have second thoughts.

Btw, people please stop talking about me and shooting things. I'm not going to have a gun!
Old October 10, 2003, 20:19   #139
Pekka
Emperor

Hey, you're the one leaving for army and there's a conflict going on! We are worried that you might have to get involved with something that is dangerous!
Old October 10, 2003, 20:20   #140
Chemical Ollie
King

All soldiers have some kind of weapon. Hey, even Jessica Lynch did. Will you have a nuke?

In WW2, the German Cruiser "Blücher" was heading for Olso with 3000 elite troops on board, ready to conquer the Norwegian capital. While most of the regular troops in the coastal fortress were on leave, the coast artillery battery had to be manned by untrained cooks and desk clerks. They still managed to sink Blücher and kill thousands of Germans, delaying the German capture of the capital by several days and helping the King to escape to England via Sweden.

Every person in the military service is a trench-crawling infantry soldier first and anything else second. He should be prepared for lethal battle at any occation. Even sailors or air force mechanics.

Last edited by Chemical Ollie; October 10, 2003 at 20:32.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:25   #141
laurentius
King

Ok, i'll go see Yossi and Jagger before starting to train for 3 years in IDF. Have you seen Yossi and Jagger? Is it a good flick? Is it too gay?

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 20:29   #142
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Erm, it's a film about two gay soldiers falling in love during service.

Quote:
Will you have a nuke?
Quote:
Hey, you're the one leaving for army and there's a conflict going on! We are worried that you might have to get involved with something that is dangerous!
I'm not going to do anything dangerous yet, and I'm not going to get a rifle.

Last edited by Sirotnikov; October 10, 2003 at 20:38.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:33   #143
Pekka
Emperor

I had a green beret, silver lion, assault rifle, huge knife, bayonet, name tag, boots, dirty underwear and bold head. Can you figure out where I was in?
Old October 10, 2003, 20:35   #144
laurentius
King

After 8 bottles of beer seeing the film starts to sound like a good idea.

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 20:35   #145
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Local Time: 10:15
Quote:
Can you figure out where I was in?
San Francisco?
Old October 10, 2003, 20:37   #146
laurentius
King

Pekka, clearly you were in the SA-Int (army)!!! In PorPri I suppose, because I had the same gear. Wohoo, did I win something?

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 20:39   #147
laurentius
King

What the hell are we doing up this late anyway?

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 20:39   #148
Pekka
Emperor

You got it right! Not in Pori though, but in SA-Int anyway! No prices except honour and glory!
Old October 10, 2003, 20:40   #149
Sirotnikov
Emperor

What is a silver lion?
Old October 10, 2003, 20:43   #150
Pekka
Emperor

It's just insignia you attach to the beret.. it's our symbol I guess. Lion, symbol for fighting spirit and after all it is the king of the jungle .