Old November 2, 2003, 15:49   #61
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Right I restarted from the original save
Old November 2, 2003, 20:35   #62
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:18
Phew
Old November 3, 2003, 10:53   #63
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 03:18
As each faction opens the current turn cycle you are showing that you have done 2 relaods of the game.

You might want to explain why in the general turn reporting thread along the lines of:

"saved mid turn and as no-one was around to assist in AI negotiations did them myself in the interests of getting the turn moving. Resulted in a couple of restarts from that save position. No contrary unit movements or podpops in the restarted turn, only AI stuff"

(or words to that effect). I can then confirm that this is indeed the case

G.
Old November 9, 2003, 18:54   #64
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

PMS King Lear cruises between Atlantisville and 'X marks the spot' Isle headed to the southern deeps; the Santiago continues its run around the west side of Bones Isle; the Farragut is adjacent to a pod near Altantis, Revenge is still in reach of 2 pods near Calico - pop or not? Our land rover on Yardarm reports back finding an actual -desert- with high mineral concentrations (the Great Dunes)

Casablanca was in riots at the first of the turn b/c the Buoy Scout had moved out to check he pod (monolith in case I didn't note that before) but is now back in order - but! they grow in 3 and Rec Com will take 9 - so rush a bit now or right before it grows?

Should the Bird Isle 'former head out of 'Rita's radius and plant more forest, or hop onto the rainy river square @ 59,63 and make a farm? And speaking of Farms, I don't think that former by LA was supposed to be making one, was it? (That place is cursed, I tell you!) Calico 'former was offloaded on to the nut square to farm (or should that be forest?)

Comments and views please
Old November 10, 2003, 10:25   #65
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 04:18
Rush before growth.

Forests where possible, IMHO because later we'll have tree farms and hybrid forests that we can build in the bases to add even more to the food/energy output plus we get minerals.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 10, 2003, 19:34   #66
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Sorry had difficulty getting on Poly. All that pop under stuff and browser stalling.

Comments emailed.
Old November 11, 2003, 18:42   #67
Hercules
Deity

Just some ideas for 2146, while they are fresh in my mind.

First thing, after you open the turn, cancel the pre set automatic movements for the schooners, as you may want to vary things. So, for example, the ship heading for Atlantis you might actually want to pop the pod first. Also the ship set to move to Calico for repairs you might want to park beside the nearby pod for next turn popping before heading to Calico.

Put some expensive things in the queue for Atlantis and Calico, in case the pods produce rushes. Something like Research Hospital. If nothing of tha tnature revert to main choice.

On HMB, you have formers heading to a tile and I thought you might like to look at building a road and forest at 37, 69 en route to L'il Accident first.
Old November 22, 2003, 21:37   #68
Makahlua
King

2 ships docked for repairs, in position ot pop another pod near Roze next turn.

Build orders needed for Tripoli & LA; 'former orders needed for the two by Alex.
Old November 23, 2003, 16:16   #69
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Grrr, the turn seems to come to us only on holidays and/or weekends lately and I've been unable get free to give enough attention to the turn to offer any constructive assiistance; my apologies.

Just a quick response if it isn't already too late:

Suggestions (without a lot of thought behind them, so if think that you have better ideas they are probably better):

Tripoli - Perhaps a Party boat or a Laser-Synth Warship (Barque?)

Little Sccident - I'd build another Crawler (and speaking of which, I'd move the one at (36,68) to (35,69) for the Nuts - to help pop growth - the new one could do more mins). As to the Former at (35,69), I'd forest (35,71), and maybe a mine-road at (37,71), before worrying about the road to the Monolith, if that is where it is headed; you can always use the other former for that road after it finishes with whatever it is going to do at (39,69) (will need 1 less mp to get there too).

Alex's area Formers - One overland to (59,71) for Forest; one by sea to (59,75) for Forest. also, why not produce the 5-1-2 from one of the nut specials with kelp & tidal harnesses than producing 1-1-2 from the undeveloped energy special as is currently happening?

Pamplona & Sealurk - rushing crawler suggested.

Calico - I'd rush 1 more min there, so that it will have accumulated the requsite 10 mins next turn and can be rushed more economically; I would also forest that nut special instead of farming it - we've got mucho sea tiles to get nuts, forests are quicker and it is only elevation 1, so there is not much energy to be had from solarizing that tile, but that's just my opinion.

I would recommend against all these advance movement orders - suggest saving your plans in a file or on paper and making the moves each turn - that way, if you change your mind, you don't get blind-sided by the game slavishly executing your now obsolete orders before you get around to cancellling or changing them.

No doubt the next turn will somehow make a quick trip arouond the next time so it can be back to us for Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe the one after that will come around before Christmas and New Years, but the way it has been going . . .

BTW, I'm not sure I have kept it straight enough as to which ship is where - if you post where you think they are, I'll combine that with what I remember and can figure out and update the registry of ships thread - thanks.
Old November 23, 2003, 20:32   #70
Hercules
Deity

Concur with a lot of Cuspidore's thoughts and add this

move crawler at 47, 63 ( on Treasure islet to 47,67) in case we need to get it to L'Accident to complete SP/
At Tripoli go for PartyBoat

At Atlantis change to Research Hosp for pod pop and then to Rec Com.
Old November 25, 2003, 06:51   #71
Hercules
Deity

Maki I just wondered was end 2146 turn we received concluded, or did you finish the turn with some final build queue placements. I noticed L'il Accident was in Stockpile as was Tripoli, though we had suggested a crawler for L A and a party boat for Triploi. You had asked for build orders. Also a worker on Liar's Lair was still a doctor although Rec Com had been built there.
Old November 25, 2003, 12:33   #72
Makahlua
King

Gah. I knew I forgot something...
Old November 25, 2003, 13:20   #73
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Tar is one thing, but use your own *(*&%^$in' Feathers Awwkkk!!
Old December 1, 2003, 05:04   #74
Makahlua
King

Big news: CyCon have a Laser Cruiser ((2)-1-6) parked right off Yardarm Isle by our Rover - how much longer will we be able to delay the council being called?

Regular news: Popped pod by Roze and have an IoD in sight; run and let it attack Atlantisville(DJ) or attack?

Revenge continuing exploration of Bones Isle, nothing big to report there.

I've got 2 Booty Boats with crawlers loaded; one with 3 moves in 'Rita and one who's finshed moving in SeaLurk. I was thinking of either running the 2nd crawler ip to SeaLurk and then sending that BootyBoat toward LA to be held over for building the PEG...or! The SeaLurk boat could pick up the just finished crawler @ Pamplona and the Rita BB could grab the crawler from lair's both ont he way thru *trying to turn an oversight into an advantage*

Formers needing orders: sea and land formers near Pamplona; land former near SeaLurk; land former on Seven Isle

Build orders needed: LA, HMB, Tripoli, Pamplona, SeaLurk, 'Rita
Old December 1, 2003, 19:27   #75
Hercules
Deity

First things first. We are 1 turn from Adaptive Economics discovery. But Cycon may have a party boat out there ready to steal. So we will need to build PEG as soon as we can without jeapardising the rest of faction.
Roze has non linear and is building party boats and miriam is building an Impact cruiser.
I would take the transport from Rita with the crawler to pick up the other new crawler ( maybe rush to get new build going next turn) at Lair's Lair and on to Li' Accident or HMB.

Start building new crawler at L'il Accident and it can be rushed for the PEG.
I would suggest building another crawler at HMB to replace one of those cashed in. (or maybe we'll need it).

Build Party boat at Tripoli, then maybe research Hosp or Holo.

Former on Dead Scout isle : Either build sensor or move to 51,57 for forest. If the transport is in Sealurk then try moving crawler to Dead Scout isle forest.

SF at Rita maybe move to 52, 66 for solar or stay where you are and build mine.

Former in Alex land at 59,57 to forest and road, former at 59,71 road and forest

SF at 56,78 to solar
SF 49,57 to solar

Also as we are about to discover Adapt econ in one turn, you can change the SE settings to 60% Econ: 40% Labs just to boost the kitty.

Note the Hive have all Comm links, so we might as well offer to sell PUT the other comms especially if they are willing to trade us Ecol Eng. Over to Flubber.

Note also for next turn Hive message ( see Combined Dip Thread).
Old December 1, 2003, 21:06   #76
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

All the proposals by Cap'n Herc sound good to me and Polly.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old December 2, 2003, 00:04   #77
Makahlua
King

Got most of the orders done, odds are 6-7 on that IoD - risk it or run?
Old December 2, 2003, 12:06   #78
Hercules
Deity

run to live and pop another day
Old December 10, 2003, 17:05   #79
Hercules
Deity

Maki has played to Mid 2148 and earned some 60ecs from defeating an IOD.

Some further points to note.

All the human factions now have each others links as far as I can tell, so we didn't make a fortune from that source.

Currently in terms of votes

it is Hive 55
Roze 42
Miriam 37
Drones 35 ( yes, they are second place of the Humans factions)
Pirates 32
PUT 27
CyBorgs 23

Would an SP boost our ranking?

For Maki , look at a 40 econ. 20 psych, 40 Labs setting to asssit with drone control for this turn at least, though you may need the doctor at Calico.

Also transport Crawler from Sea Lurk to Dead Scout Isle and move former to forest or sensor.

Happlily we are a turn or two from a couple of party boats. So we nned discusssion on whether or not, to steal Non Linear from the AI.

Last edited by Googlie; December 11, 2003 at 00:33.
Old December 11, 2003, 00:38   #80
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Note that 48 hours have passed since the PEACE turn was posted
Old December 18, 2003, 18:21   #81
Makahlua
King

Well it looks like we may have renegotiate that tech deal with PUT slightly; according to the tech screen, they got Applied Physics somewhere Also going in to the turn, a window popped up from the Borg but no offer or anything in the chat box I could make sense of... *shrugs*

Popped another IoD by Atlantis, ship and crew held on to deliver another 60 PoE to the cofffers Pretty quiet turn otherwise, but we do have a party boat ready to go at Alex - two borg bases are in sight and within a 2 turn reach if we want to infiltrate them. Rita is building another seacol pod for the site labelled 'sea base site 2' S of Liar's and Tripoli. Also need orders for the former on bird island - more forest?
Old December 19, 2003, 09:39   #82
Hercules
Deity

Re MRita I was going to suggest infantry CP instead of Seapod so as to colonise the big islands.

Move the Party Boat to 61,79 . This allows us to think about probing Cycon or on to Miriam

Gottadash more in 4 hours
Old December 19, 2003, 18:04   #83
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 12:18
I played around with the save & sent the party boat in Alex out with a view to infiltrating Boolean Bay. On my way there I discovered a Cycon troopship at 66,76 containing an amphi. impact speeder, impact mairines, and 2 probe defenders. This looks like an invasion force headed somewhere; & I think it is definitely worth infiltrating them to keep a close watch on their intentions.

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old December 19, 2003, 18:41   #84
Makahlua
King

Taking your advices in mind, I've chosen a south, then southeast course toward Binary Bastion for infiltration - being a new colony I'm hoping no probe defense there I've rushed the other party boat in Tripoli for 19 PoE and queued a infantry CP for transport to the marked site on Yardarm -tha'll give us 2 new bases and delay the need for more psych buildings I hope
Old December 19, 2003, 23:06   #85
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by H0bbes
I played around with the save & sent the party boat in Alex out with a view to infiltrating Boolean Bay. On my way there I discovered a Cycon troopship at 66,76 containing an amphi. impact speeder, impact mairines, and 2 probe defenders.
Hobbes
Hobbes:

As a latecomer to the game you weren't privy to all the original rules and regulations agreed upon before the game started.

Playing forward, or multiple-person playing of moves is forbidden (albeit difficult to police except to see where movements aren't logical, thus indicating 'early warning" of collisions to avoid) - hence my opening every turn that's played to see what's happening.

As the official turn hasn't mirrorred your "playtest" moves - and it's too late for me to enforce your probe taking the route you scoped out without turning the clock back before the Drones move - I'll let Mak's move stand, but I have advised the CyCon that their marine expeditionary force has been "illegally" sighted and let them take it from there

G.
Old December 20, 2003, 21:57   #86
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

The hive has called an election for planetary governor...where do we stand on this? They have provided in their thread the following votes each faction may cast :

Quote:
Hive: 61

University: 30

Believers: 37

Cycon: 23

Peace: 33

Drones: 49

Data Angels: 43
Our actions here will have significant ramifications, esepcially as there is a hive/angel war going on (probably to be soon joined by the believers on the side of the angels...they are still pacted right?).

They must at least suspect they have garnered enough support to win if they have called elections...what can we arrange with the other human factions? Or should we wait to be approached by them?

It is now the uni's turn (if the disband issue has been resolved, they are staying in right?) followed by the cyborgs, followed by us, followed by drones, then hive again (where do miriam and roze fall in?)
Old December 21, 2003, 10:25   #87
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by foolish_icarus

It is now the uni's turn (if the disband issue has been resolved, they are staying in right?)
Correct - Archaic will be continuing as if it were just a regular PBEM

Quote:
followed by the cyborgs, followed by us, followed by drones, then hive again (where do miriam and roze fall in?)
I always thought that the AI factions played last, after all human players, but on "playing" the recent Uni turn I got the notice immediately after hitting "turn complete" that the Angels had completed their SP and started another, then was prompted for the Cycon. This suggests that their turn falls between PUT and CyCon's. I don't know where Miriam's falls but i surmise that it is prolly last in sequence

G.
Old December 21, 2003, 11:14   #88
Hercules
Deity

As Flubber suggested we should maybe work with the Uni in offering our support to the Hive.

If we vote, the Hive would get my vote because at least they have been in communication with us and we are pacted whereas the Drones have stayed out of contact and rarely contribute to the game.
Old December 22, 2003, 00:58   #89
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Also that cycon expedition would likely be headed for us . . . My opinion is to rush some warships NOW and head to the area they were seen . .. Personally I would probably sink them now if I could
Old December 22, 2003, 10:45   #90
Hercules
Deity

It may be too late But I would agree.

Also if we could scrape some money together Miriam will sell us Non Linear for 100ecs.