Old January 5, 2004, 23:21   #121
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re Time left. Yeah you may be right. I 'll go check
Old January 5, 2004, 23:50   #122
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Yeah Foolish is right we do have only an hour or so.
Old January 6, 2004, 01:15   #123
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:18
Have followed Cap'n Herc's suggestions (except for talking to Miriam, I'd like more input on that) And Capn', open this and hit end turn if I haven't posted it by teatime over there (should give any currently sleeping US folks a chance to comment before we whisk the turn off), please?

Icarus - Good idea, but I've got no probe assets currently though Liar's does have the faster cruiser based one in production. Not to mention a cred balance of 5 PoE Here's to hoping the rover on Yardarm can come up with more than mineral deposits and earthquakes next turn

And as much as my pirate heart would love to raze some CyCon bases, can you -imagine- what the PR machine over there would do with it? (Ansd I do mean -machine- literally ) They'd make Saddam look nice comapred to us
Old January 6, 2004, 01:35   #124
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:18
It might be worth it.
Old January 6, 2004, 06:33   #125
Hercules
Deity

Eh Cap'n Maki , you never attached the end turn
Old January 6, 2004, 14:39   #126
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

I just noticed that the Cycon have the MCC, so they have quite a range with their cruisers.

Cap'n Maki, please double check all bases for bad labor allocataion (like at HMB where we are producing 1 nut from the fungus instead of producing 1-2-2 from a river-forest) or sub-optimal allocations (like at 'Rita or Sealurk). I think that in general, we might want to maximize min production rather than growth at this point to be able to build anything. For example, at Sealurk, I would produce from (52,58) instead of (55,53), at 'Rita from (56,62), (56,66) and (60,62) with the 30% Psych, and at Pamplona from (46,60) instead of (49,57).

Planting forests on the river tiles at Calico might have been more sensible than at (58,42), but it's a bit late for me to be suggesting that as it would waste 2 or 3 more turns to change now.

Consider going to 60% Econ (the +7 seems to be our highest PofE yield). 30% psych doesn't do much, but it might be the right setting anyway. Of course, the labs are for ****, but we can always steal tech later, if there is a later.

HMB Island may turn out to be our new homeland - Perhaps we should consider building up its defenses so we can keep it - we might want to build a couple of decent defensive units, Barques and/or probes at HMB base for openers and similarly at Accident; an HQ is important, but I don't know it is is that important compared to military units at this point.

Why build a road at (37,69)???? is there something in the water on HMB that promotes useless terraforming? Is that retard BorgAgent Former operator still working for us there? How 'bout a forest there instead?

Herc's gambit of moving the 'Rita barque to (59,69) is appealing and interesting, but risky - if they have a DL spy or are doing unseemly things like playing ahead for intel purposes (given their dubiously ethical behavior earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to play below the belt), they will know it is there. Another equally interesting and risky approach would be to move the barque to (57,65) or (59,67) and engage their warship at (56,68) in an artie duel - with luck we would kill or capture it and the love-boat both - we may need to engage in some kind of mass suicide assaults on their ships with our crappy ones to knock them off - as long as that one is wounded, we have a better chance of getting it.
Old January 6, 2004, 19:15   #127
Hercules
Deity

Some good points here Cuspidore but I think Maki posted the turn just beforehand at 18.08 or around then.

I don't think we have Adaptive Doctrine, do we, to marine capture.
Old January 8, 2004, 11:13   #128
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 04:18
If we don't, that's a tech we need to focus on getting... fast.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 11, 2004, 09:16   #129
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

It's not just one love boat, it's -three-

Not good.

(forgot to mention in e-amil Margaritaville is lost too )
Old January 11, 2004, 18:04   #130
foolish_icarus
King

gift the bases they are going to take to the AI
Old January 11, 2004, 23:11   #131
Hercules
Deity

That would be Sea Lurk?

See message from Enigma
Old January 11, 2004, 23:19   #132
Hercules
Deity

From Enigma

Quote:
Hive-PEACE trade

The PEACE has something that The Hive is interested in.
For many reasons, Adaptive Economics is on our want list.

We may be able to get the Drones to send you some of their military techs, in a sort of a 'circular' trade.

Are you willing to share Adaptive Econ with The Hive?
If the Drones deal falls through, what else would you take for it?

I'm talking to the CyCon about this, too, but they insist on holding the deal until they can get the PEG up.
Hive is in a bit of a hurry and would need the tech sooner than it would take to build that SP.
Old January 11, 2004, 23:31   #133
Hercules
Deity

I have asked for clarification.
Old January 11, 2004, 23:39   #134
Hercules
Deity

This to Honghu

I have just received a message from Enigma re possible circular deal.
Please advise as to its legitimacy.
Old January 11, 2004, 23:45   #135
Hercules
Deity

In all honesty is there any future for PEACE? IF not why don't we just destroy our bases and leave.

I enjoy playing games with honourable players but this is not the case here.
Old January 12, 2004, 00:14   #136
foolish_icarus
King

If its legitimate definitely agree to any tech trade that's offered.

And no, don't destroy bases. Gift the bases that are in danger, that will slow Cyborgs down enough for us to survive.

The 'borgs have been dishonorable in character, but nothing too terribly offensive as players. The best thing we can do to get back at them is survive.
Old January 12, 2004, 06:14   #137
Hercules
Deity

More from Enigma

Quote:
it's a very simple chain of events:
The Hive wants the PEG
The CyCon want the PEG
Now observing that you hate the latter, and whomever you trust with the tech
is going to build it, who would you rather build it? The Hive, or the ones who
seek to destroy you?

The Hive has no troops in the area to help you. The only source of relief I can
see is buying off miriam for 300ECs.
However, I figure I can get the Drones to send you HEC, and Synth fuels when
the CyCon research it.

I can't think of anything else that will help you...
So if we can manage to bribe the drones into gifting you these things, will you
get Adaptive Econ to us?
The Hive is already taking measures to counteract the CyCon movement but we
doubt we'll get there before they get you.
(We've got an AI on the way to beat up)

A circle trade is a bit dodgy as The Drones -or- The PEACE can stuff the circle.
We can't take Adaptive Econ before about 2155, else a beeline goes awry.
By then, Drones will be able to send both HEC AND Synth Fuels.
It's a circular trade, and it's risky, because I don't know if I'll manage to buy
the Drones into this (AND either they or you can cheat us).

Sounding good so far?
Views?
Old January 12, 2004, 12:02   #138
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
In all honesty is there any future for PEACE? IF not why don't we just destroy our bases and leave.

I enjoy playing games with honourable players but this is not the case here.
I think that's when I started not caring about the game too.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 12, 2004, 14:48   #139
Hercules
Deity

the 300ecs would help. And the Hive might as well have Adaptive Econ rather than Cycon. With 100ecs we can buy impact from Miriam. Or if the probe in Liar's Lair is ever built we could maybe steal it from Roze.
Old January 12, 2004, 15:04   #140
foolish_icarus
King

go for it!
Old January 12, 2004, 15:34   #141
johndmuller
King

I haven't looked at the turn, but can comment on the trade thing anyway (assuming I understand what is being offered).

The circular trade sounds OK to me (although I think the deal is AdaptiveEcon (which we have?) for HEC+SynthFossil (which the Drones have or will have) without any P's of E). Of course, at least 1 or the 3 factions would probably have to take a risk - being vulnerable to being stiffed. I would say, if either the Hive or the Drones are willing to take the risk (or if they have a way of sharing it), the deal is fine. Surely they don't expect us to be the ones taking the risk after they (particularlly Buster) made such a point about how the cut-throat, trust noone approach is to be expected, rather than honest trading. Also, it sounds like at least some of the deal (the SynthFossil) is currently unavailable, so either they would have to advance us the HEC and wait until they got the SynthFossil and forwarded it to us before expecting anthing from us or delay the whole deal until that part became possible (which might moot the whole thing).
Old January 12, 2004, 20:48   #142
Hercules
Deity

I am not at my normal computer so can't access the turn though I did look at it. Not good as Maki says. And all those formers get rolled/added to the next nearest base. this reduces the minerals available to build

That former on bird, if disbanded (is that a goog idea?)
would let Sea Lurk build a Barque a turn sooner.

On Casablanca building a rec com seems pointless now.

The cycon have the ability to take our sea bases but a short on rovers and things for land base capture.

I only hope we get that probe unit built before LL is attacked.

I don't have any great suggestions.

As the Hive don't want ad ec before 2155, we don't need to send it this turn.
Old January 12, 2004, 21:04   #143
Hercules
Deity

So will I respond positively to Enigma.

btw those craft of theirs can move 8 tiles.

Maybe Casablnca could build a synth defense.

move the sea former from Alex or at least stop it building kelp.

Make sure all the workers and crawlers on HMB are worked to best advantage.

We need cash so I hope some of those pods produce some goodies.

I am also thinking about a new colony on bones island ie far away from cycon. - a refuge.
Old January 12, 2004, 22:02   #144
FlameFlash
Emperor

defense defense defense is about all I can say at the moment.

I remember in some of my games when I played against the pirates the Cycon are doing exactly right: build ships more and faster than the pirates and overwhelm.

What we need to do is both be defensive and offensive at the same time... always a difficult task.

Old January 13, 2004, 12:01   #145
foolish_icarus
King

turn player? are you there?

The consensus is....what? Go for the hive trade, build some boats and probes, generally carry on?

I'm still big on the base gifting idea, any comments?

Last edited by foolish_icarus; January 13, 2004 at 12:26.
Old January 13, 2004, 18:27   #146
Makahlua
King

Ok, here's what I've got going :

Destructed two formers I cant get to a safe spot, moved one near casa blanca into the city and disbanded it here to recycle some mins. CB switched to Dock Patrol.

SeaLurk we'll probably lose, because the ship in transit didn't end inside the city.

I switched Pamplona to a DP, and was able to rush it for 6 creds

@Calico I changed it a CP, perhaps we can get that land colony like Herc suggested on either Yardarm, or Bones. I'll see if I can sneak one of the BootyBoats up around there for transport

That's about it. Let's hope we can keep the rest of our bases.
Old January 13, 2004, 19:45   #147
johndmuller
King

I don't know what if any penalty a ship defending a base might experience ('trapped in base'?) viz-a-viz a land unit defending the same base, but aside from that possibility, aren't ships a better deal in most of our bases (as we only have the one CmdCntr) since the ships get a +2 morale boost from the Navy Yards? I thought I costed them out a while back when I suggested them as defenders and that you could get a 2-2-4 warship for the same price as a 2-1-4 or a 1-2-4; I don't know how that compares with the DP's (Dock Patrols ?) in cost, but for sure you get at least a little punch on the range and offensive sides, like to pop out and knock off a passiing transport or probeship.
Old January 13, 2004, 22:07   #148
Hercules
Deity

Last time I tried Roze wouldn't receive our transmissions. We can only gift to the AI. The Hive are currently fighting Roze, so though they have a craft out near us (according to Honghu) they are not keen to go to war with Borg.

I suppose we could gift miriam one of our precious bases and then probe it; is that what you mean for impact?
Old January 14, 2004, 10:49   #149
FlameFlash
Emperor

I think he was just suggestion we gift the bases that are about to be captured so that the Borg would have to go to war with somebody else if they wanted that base, but from the way it smells, it sounds about on Borg play level and I don't want to appear dishonorable.

On the boats as defenders, why not? That way if we see a too large of a force to easily defend we could even retreat it, let Borg take the base, and then return to retake it after upgrading the ship.

And yes, we desperatly need impact from somewhere.

Old January 14, 2004, 18:07   #150
foolish_icarus
King

Quote:
it sounds about on Borg play level and I don't want to appear dishonorable.
Well its a little late for that particular scheme now. But I don't consider that or similar tactics dishonorable. They are our bases to do with as we please. The 'borgs are playing to eliminate us--Both as Pirates and as ACDG participants it is our obligation to do everything possible to survive.