Old October 10, 2003, 16:40   #1
pchang
King

Local Time: 10:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Rush Limbaugh in Rehab
http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/10/1...ugh/index.html

Apparently, he's been addicted for years. This explains a lot of his rants.

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old October 10, 2003, 16:41   #2
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 05:19
Good for him. Getting treatment, that is.
Old October 10, 2003, 16:48   #3
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:19
Hypocrite.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 10, 2003, 16:51   #4
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Hypocrite. For getting treatment?
Well, ok then.
Old October 10, 2003, 16:52   #5
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Hypocrite for supporting the drug war while being a pill popper himself.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 10, 2003, 16:55   #6
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Maybe they'll take his face off a mural in my hometown, his hometown.

but seriously, I hope that he can break the habit in rehab and/or prison. Hopefully he will grow as a person through this and change his point of view on such things. Hypocrite, yes he is, but everybody is a hypocrite in one way or another.
Old October 10, 2003, 17:40   #7
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
It is for back surgery that went wrong, and which resulted in near constant pain

Amazing how Kennedy does this and is considered some kind of silent hero; Limbaugh does it, and is something far different.
Old October 10, 2003, 17:42   #8
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 11:19
http://www.e-sheep.com/rusheats is back up. Hoorah.
Old October 10, 2003, 18:11   #9
JCG
Prince

On the one hand, poor fellow. On the other, he does kinda deserve it....
Old October 10, 2003, 18:28   #10
Theben
Deity

He sadi he'd be in for 30 days. I think his addiction is more serious; he needs to stay for 6 months.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old October 10, 2003, 18:34   #11
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto

It is for back surgery that went wrong, and which resulted in near constant pain
A prescription addiction?

Do It Ourselves
Old October 10, 2003, 18:41   #12
uh Clem
King

Local Time: 04:19
He's had fun ripping people for medical marijuana use. What a bloated gasbag.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:09   #13
Ned
King

Local Time: 02:19
Ah, the cruelty of the left on display.

Here's Rush's message.

http://download.premiereradio.net/ru...hstatement.mp3
Old October 10, 2003, 19:11   #14
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 03:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Verto
Amazing how Kennedy does this and is considered some kind of silent hero; Limbaugh does it, and is something far different.
Yeah, this is basically the exact same thing which happened to Kennedy except Kennedy got the Presidential Doctor to keep him supplied.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:14   #15
Xeones
Warlord

there is justice in this world after all.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:15   #16
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin

Yeah, this is basically the exact same thing which happened to Kennedy except Kennedy got the Presidential Doctor to keep him supplied.
Not everything. Especially not the crack/cocaine.
Old October 10, 2003, 19:33   #17
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Ah, yes, when the right pokes fun at people who can't defend themselves, it's "entertainment", but when the left pokes fun at someone who is getting his own medicine, it's "cruel".

You're such a ****ing hypocrite, Ned.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old October 10, 2003, 20:21   #18
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'm reserving judgement on Rush until I know if he rats out his suppliers. If he does that, he has absolutely NO honor. Given his hypocrisy over the past few years, I seriously doubt "honor" is in his vocabluary, but anything is possible.

However, the hypocrisy coming from his apologists knows no bounds (no wonder they like Rush). Brent Bozell says it was admirable for Rush to come clean. WHAT? He didn't come clean, he admitted his addiction AFTER others made it public. Matt Drudge said, "Rush didn't say he didn't swallow", a reference to Clinton's, "I didn't inhale" - another "he came clean" rationalisation. Oh poor Rush deserves our sympathy, but not all you other people out there using drugs! No, you people need to be put in cages because you're immoral criminals!!!

Ned -
Quote:
Cruelty? Ned, Limbaugh has advocated imprisoning drug users for years even while he was violating the drug laws. His hypocrisy gets exposed and the left is cruel? He wants people jailed for doing what he has been doing, but now people who agree with him have found a heart for Rush while wanting millions of people thrown in cages for doing the same thing? Tell the millions of people arrested for drugs about cruelty!

Clem -
Quote:
He's had fun ripping people for medical marijuana use. What a bloated gasbag.
Yup, read it and weep "dittoheads", your hero is a hypocrite.

Verto -
Quote:
So what? He's a "criminal" just like all the other people who use illegal drugs. And maybe Rush and his supporters don't want to face this reality, but many people who develop addictions do so because they were using drugs to relieve pain too, either physical or emotional.

Asleep -
Quote:
Hypocrite, yes he is, but everybody is a hypocrite in one way or another.
Rush's hypocrisy is not your garden variety hypocrisy, his hypocrisy is the kind Jesus condemned in the Bible. His is like the adulterer condemning another adulterer to death... You know the adage, "judge not lest you be judged".
Old October 10, 2003, 20:41   #19
Berzerker
Emperor

Oh yeah, Rush said "I am not a victim". That's right Rush, according to what you've been advocating, you are a CRIMINAL!

But inspite of what Rush said, many "conservatives" are portraying him as a victim anyway. A victim of "drug pushers" who "pushed" drugs onto him... Blah blah blah, Rush sought drugs out, not the other way around... Now we get to see how "conservatives" coddle criminals...
Old October 10, 2003, 21:33   #20
rev
Chieftain

Limbaugh gets to humble himself before his hundreds of thousands of listeners after being outed as the suspect of a drug investigation by a tabloid. Then, with the fair warning from the tabloids, he checks into a (likely) high-cost rehab center for thirty days, taking (paid?) leave from his popular radio program.

Most addicts wouldn't learn of an investigation until a detective showed up at their door with an arrest warrant, and then they'd be going to prison without treatment for the next five, ten, or fifteen years. They wouldn't even have the chance to go to rehab ahead of an arrest and, unlike Limbaugh, wouldn't be able to point at that treatment as a reason for a lighter sentence.

Limbaugh has it *damn* lucky. Unless, of course, federal prosecutors follow through with Ashcroft's recent demand that plea bargains be avoided at all cost and the highest possible penalty sought at all times.

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
Old October 10, 2003, 21:44   #21
vee4473
King

Quote:
Originally posted by chegitz guevara
Somehow, I would think that any intelligent person would be able to distinguish a crack head/cocaine head etc.. from a person that gets addicted to prescription pain killers as a result of medical treatment.
Old October 10, 2003, 21:50   #22
vee4473
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker
I'm reserving judgement on Rush until I know if he rats out his suppliers. If he does that, he has absolutely NO honor. Given his hypocrisy over the past few years, I seriously doubt "honor" is in his vocabluary, but anything is possible.

However, the hypocrisy coming from his apologists knows no bounds (no wonder they like Rush). Brent Bozell says it was admirable for Rush to come clean. WHAT? He didn't come clean, he admitted his addiction AFTER others made it public. Matt Drudge said, "Rush didn't say he didn't swallow", a reference to Clinton's, "I didn't inhale" - another "he came clean" rationalisation. Oh poor Rush deserves our sympathy, but not all you other people out there using drugs! No, you people need to be put in cages because you're immoral criminals!!!

Ned -

Cruelty? Ned, Limbaugh has advocated imprisoning drug users for years even while he was violating the drug laws. His hypocrisy gets exposed and the left is cruel? He wants people jailed for doing what he has been doing, but now people who agree with him have found a heart for Rush while wanting millions of people thrown in cages for doing the same thing? Tell the millions of people arrested for drugs about cruelty!

Clem -

Yup, read it and weep "dittoheads", your hero is a hypocrite.

Verto -

So what? He's a "criminal" just like all the other people who use illegal drugs. And maybe Rush and his supporters don't want to face this reality, but many people who develop addictions do so because they were using drugs to relieve pain too, either physical or emotional.

Asleep -

Rush's hypocrisy is not your garden variety hypocrisy, his hypocrisy is the kind Jesus condemned in the Bible. His is like the adulterer condemning another adulterer to death... You know the adage, "judge not lest you be judged".
I can't believe that people cannot see the difference between a crackhead junkie who got addicted to crack because they most likely did it for recreation and someone who gets addicted to pain meds as the result of serious pain.

Rush didn't go for the pills because he was having a bad day, he went for them when his doctor gave them to him because of the pain.

then the addictive nature of all drugs took over.

there is a slight difference.
Old October 10, 2003, 21:56   #23
Berzerker
Emperor

"Too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."

I'll bet he said that while he was using drugs too. I remember when Rush said people who want to legalise drugs were "selfish". I wonder if he'll thank all those people for the little restraint they've been able to place on those "tough on crime" politicians. It's because of them he probably won't face any time in jail...
Old October 10, 2003, 22:14   #24
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by vee4473

I can't believe that people cannot see the difference between a crackhead junkie who got addicted to crack because they most likely did it for recreation and someone who gets addicted to pain meds as the result of serious pain.

Rush didn't go for the pills because he was having a bad day, he went for them when his doctor gave them to him because of the pain.

I don´t know Rush. I once visited his funny Newsmax page and that´s all. so I can´t afford any deeper statement about him.
but if clem´s statement is correct (He's had fun ripping people for medical marijuana use.) then there isn´t even a trace of a difference.
live and let die.
Old October 10, 2003, 22:31   #25
Berzerker
Emperor

Vee -
Quote:
Somehow, I would think that any intelligent person would be able to distinguish a crack head/cocaine head etc.. from a person that gets addicted to prescription pain killers as a result of medical treatment.
Rush says people who violate the drug laws should be jailed, and he's been violating the drug laws. Now, what "distinction" should be made? If we are to look at Rush in a different light because of his motive, then why doesn't Rush look at the motives of all the other people who use drugs? He (and his supporters) doesn't care about motives except when he's on the hotseat. In a Playboy interview he did a few years back, he acknowledged using pot in the past. He was then asked if he believed he should have been punished for using pot, and he said, "no, I was a conservative who was experimenting". Now it's because of pain, fine, then don't advocate punishing other drug users who may be using drugs because they're in pain too. I don't care why he or anyone else uses drugs, freedom is about people making their own decisions. People who want to make "distinctions" are looking for loopholes to punish some people while members of their own clique get a pass...

Quote:
How about someone using pot for medicinal reasons? Rush wants them punished too. I've suffered from back pain for 20 years and I've never used prescription painkillers, legal or illegal.
And so what if someone uses pot or cocaine for "recreational" reasons?

Quote:
Lot's of people turn to illegal drugs for emotional or physical pain only to become addicted.

Quote:

Yes, a slight difference to those with sacred cows to defend.
Old October 10, 2003, 22:32   #26
rev
Chieftain

Berzerker -- that quote isn't even a year old. Considering that his admitted drug abuse goes back six years, well, the label of 'hypocrite' is inevitable and even deserved.
Old October 10, 2003, 22:34   #27
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

I was planning on posting something about Rush, but after the debate above...nah. Neithier side has an argument that can be lost. They are both right...what could I add?
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old October 10, 2003, 22:38   #28
Berzerker
Emperor

But rev, it's "cruel" to point that out.

Yup, he is the kind of hypocrite Jesus was addressing in the New Testament. Naturally Rush calls himself a Christian too...
Old October 10, 2003, 22:52   #29
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I wonder what will turn out next. Antonin Scalia wearing women clothes in private?
Old October 10, 2003, 22:54   #30
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by oedo
I wonder what will turn out next. Antonin Scalia wearing women clothes in private?
Shh...That is next week's headline. Don't reveal them early!! We might have to read real news then
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll