Old October 11, 2003, 14:32   #1
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 03:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Power to the People!
Got your attention didn’t it?

With MrWIA’s request for the non-ministerial people participating in this game to step up and discuss more options for the game I have a few questions and suggestions for this game. Please keep in mind they are only suggestions, but if we do have more people discussing options then this game may find it’s democracy roots again.

First off, per MrWIA’s recommendations for the work force in this thread I definitely agree with them. Move the work force in Bifrost, Ring of Vikings, and Spanish Are Greedy.

Second, why is Bifrost building a barracks? With three improved flood plains tiles this city should be a worker pump. We need more workers. With all that jungle terrain near Thor’s Hammer and the forest and hills on the southwest peninsula, 7 workers isn’t going to cut it for a non-industrious civ. Plus we also have future expansion to think about. Bifrost is ideal for a worker pump. To that end I propose we switch to a worker immediately as well as sending George W. Viking and Rainbow to mine the plains tile 3-3 of Bifrost. The mined tile would allow the city at pop 2 to have 2spt to finish the job quicker each time. Some future micromanagement would be needed, but the workers are worth it. Workers are the soul of a good game.

Third, where is the settler in Bifrost headed? I apologize if I missed that before. My recommendation for next city site is 2-2-1 of Bifrost on the plains tile. In it’s immediate city radius we’ll have a wheat flood plains and a bonus grassland as well as another wheat and game after culture expansion. I don’t recommend settling on the bonus grassland as it would effectively get rid of the immediately good tiles in the area. We can settle a city on the southern continent soon to grab the cow and wheat tiles down there. I also recommend we should have BigFurryWorker start roading toward the new city site (2 of Bifrost). It doesn’t need immediate hookup so roading the plains and the flood plains tile will be better than roading the forest tile.

Fourth, we have map making now, are we going to start building galleys to explore and settle the southern lands? Again I apologize if I missed this or if it was in chat. Are we waiting for Thor’s Hammer to build a harbor before building a galley?

Fifth, regarding Thor’s Hammer, jungle chopping needs to begin now! With a harbor, fish and bonus grassland that city can be one of our best, but it has no where else to grow with all that jungle. I recommend Thor’s Worker immediately start chopping either the roaded jungle or the unroaded river jungle (that one will have extra commerce, but is harder to get to). Either one of those two tiles can be worked by either New Asgard or Thor’s Hammer so it is doubly useful.

Sixth, regarding the worker stack 9-9 of Ring of Vikings, they can build a road this turn. Next turn I’d recommend sending one of the native workers 4-4 toward the bonus grassland tile. Ring of Vikings will expand it’s culture radius next turn and that tile will be very useful to get roaded and mined. The other native worker and two slaves can irrigate the tile in two turns if all of them work it, and can then move on to jungle chopping.

That’s about it for now. It’s looking good. I haven’t looked into FAM or military too much (beyond building more ), but I definitely approve of researching polytheism. Great trading tech!

Last edited by Rhothaerill; October 12, 2003 at 02:05.
Old October 11, 2003, 14:38   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 03:22
BTW, I didn't post this in the Turn Orders thread because it is just suggestions from me, not necessarily orders.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:13   #3
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:22
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
BTW, I didn't post this in the Turn Orders thread because it is just suggestions from me, not necessarily orders.
Fully understood.

You are absolutely correct about the need for more workers from what little I have seen of the game from slightly earlier screenshots, but I can't comment personally much more on this stuff until I really look at the save.
Old October 11, 2003, 22:06   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Re: Power to the People!
Thank you for getting a discussion started!

Quote:
Second, why is Bifrost building a barracks? With three improved flood plains tiles this city should be a worker pump. We need more workers. With all that jungle terrain near Thor’s Hammer and the forest and hills on the southwest peninsula, 7 workers isn’t going to cut it for a non-industrious civ. Plus we also have future expansion to think about. Bifrost is ideal for a worker pump. To that end I propose we switch to a worker immediately as well as sending George W. Viking and Rainbow to mine the plains tile 3-3 of Bifrost. The mined tile would allow the city at pop 2 to have 2spt to finish the job quicker each time. Some future micramanagement would be needed, but the workers are worth it. Workers are the soul of a good game.
I agree a switch to a worker would be best. Hopefully we can get enough shields for a granary later.

Quote:
Third, where is the settler in Bifrost headed? I apologize if I missed that before. My recommendation for next city site is 2-2-1 of Bifrost on the plains tile. In it’s immediate city radius we’ll have a wheat flood plains and a bonus grassland as well as another wheat and game after culture expansion.
I think it was originally headed N of the game at the western end of the continent, but I like your proposed city site. I'd vote for it.

Quote:
Fourth, we have map making now, are we going to start building galleys to explore and settle the southern lands? Again I apologize if I missed this or if it was in chat. Are we waiting for Thor’s Hammer to build a harbor before building a galley?
Hmm, not sure about this, I'm out of the loop.

Quote:
Fifth, regarding Thor’s Hammer, jungle chopping needs to begin now! *snip*

Sixth, regarding the worker stack 9-9 of Ring of Vikings, they can build a road this turn. Next turn I’d recommend sending one of the native workers 4-4 toward the bonus grassland tile. *snip*
Sounds good.
Old October 13, 2003, 02:11   #5
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Yes Thor's was supposed to build a harbor first so we'd have some vet galleys coming out of it (and if we ever get the other gems hooked up, to trade for other lux)

BiFrost settler - was headed down south but we got distracted by the Persian archer Here's the map from the city planning poll, we were headed for site E or D (they won in the poll)

[img]http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Makahlua/2550BCcityplan2.jpg[img]

Oh, hi! I'm back Been sharing the comp with vactioning family, and uh.....I got Morrowind for my b'day...it's adddictive!
Old October 13, 2003, 14:40   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 06:22
Morrowind is definately addictive. The two expansion packs are nice also, but relative to the overall game, not really necessary.

Nice group of suggestions. I wish I had more time to be involved.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old October 13, 2003, 23:46   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Man, when I was playing Morrowind last year, I was hooked for months. That was around the same time the PTWDG started and after I was no longer President of the SPDG, so I had plenty of time w/o any leadership positions at that point
Old October 14, 2003, 10:58   #8
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 12:22
Re: Power to the People!
Quote:
Got your attention didn’t it?
Yes....

Quote:
First off.....
I agree

Quote:
Second...
I agree

Quote:
Third...
I agree

Quote:
Fourth... . Are we waiting for Thor’s Hammer to build a harbor before building a galley?
No. Lets build a galley.

Quote:
Fifth...
I agree

Quote:
Sixth...
Sounds good.

You make good and valid points.

This should be enough for the Prez or VP to play a turn or two. Now only if someone checked the diplo side of things.