Old December 1, 2003, 20:55   #181
Elias
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Warlord

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Id like to see a map that big I once did a map around 600x600 it took the pc almost fifteen minuets to just make it up!! If you did a map that big then you could have an accurate world map with everyone on it.
Old December 2, 2003, 02:25   #182
TimeTraveler
Warlord

Local Time: 05:28
Technology (Highest Priority): Remove the separations caused by tech eras. Restore the tech charts to be similar to the other Civ Games, but simply updated.

Pollution: Please make global warming in some way reversible. I don't care if it takes a lot of effort to get in the reverse process as long as those deserts can once again be grassland.

Wonders: Make a lot of them each either rebuildable small wonders or indestructible and with a worldwide effect. Just because one nation builds a project doesn't mean that someone else couldn't.

Units: Make custom units possible, like making missiles in general require Rocketry and nuclear warheads to go on the missiles require Fission. I understand this could drop a few things like Chivalry and the Manhatten Project.

Map: Eventually make it spherical, not cylindrical.

Cities: Who says they can't be adjacent? In an Earth map, New York and Philadelphia would be one space away.

I may post more when and if I think of what to say.
Old December 3, 2003, 12:53   #183
Leonidas
King

Local Time: 10:28
Allow units to be stackable and move in groups (or armies) like in CTP2.
Old December 3, 2003, 13:08   #184
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 06:28
Natural Wonders with resource bonuses like in SMAC, for example, Borehole Cluster. Or to use C3C example, like Cedars of Lebanon in Mesopotamia scenario.
Old December 3, 2003, 19:50   #185
Kuciwalker
Deity

Those are already there - the special tiles (I forget what they're called, like the Cedars of Lebanon in the C3C Mesopotamia conquest)
Old December 3, 2003, 21:48   #186
Elias
Warlord

I must say my Idea agin som certin units being better aginst other certin untis.
Example Pikement get an percentage better defence when fighting knigts
Old December 4, 2003, 17:11   #187
Senator
Settler

how about including a religion option in the domestic advisor screen?
when two civs have the same religion there could be more diplomatic options (crusade against one particular city of another religion), you'd get penalties for attacking civs with the same religion (relationship with other civs of that religion deteriorates, like when you use nukes)

also you could include several new great wonders, like the vatican and it adds the title pope to the name of the leader of the civ who builds it. the papal civ then gets mutual protection pact with all other civs of his religion.

culture amplifiers could also be cool. when you have two christian cities of different civs they'd convert less easily because they allready share the same religion (it's a part of their culture) But when you have for example a jewish town next to a christian one, the culture conversion could be easier. people will say: 'hey those strangers on the other side of the border are happier and we don't even have bread to eat, maybe it's their religion'
the cultural amplifier would be based on combined culture points of all civs of the same religion.

technology researched by civs that share your religion would be easier to research for the other civs of that religion.

changing religion would be possible by going through anarchy (just like changing governments)

finally there would be an option to go without religion

religions would create stronger civ alliances and even the scales when you end up with one big civilization and several smaller.
the smaller once could allie in one religion (with the culture amplifier) while the big civ would be forced to go without religion or change because religion limits his power.
Old December 4, 2003, 17:21   #188
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Senator

culture amplifiers could also be cool. when you have two christian cities of different civs they'd convert less easily because they allready share the same religion (it's a part of their culture) But when you have for example a jewish town next to a christian one, the culture conversion could be easier. people will say: 'hey those strangers on the other side of the border are happier and we don't even have bread to eat, maybe it's their religion'
the cultural amplifier would be based on combined culture points of all civs of the same religion.
I would think that similiar regligions would mean easier conversions, not harder conversions. It would be easier to leave one Christian country to join another Christian country than it would to switch to a Muslim country. (New rules, unfamiliar, etc).

Furthermore, there are lot of examples where groups of people with different religions have lived in close proximity but never intermixed. I think of the numerous jewish towns or city areas in Turkey, Syria, Iran, etc. Small enclaves of jewish settlements in larger muslim civs.

No offense, but I would be happier if they just left religion out of the game.

I don't agree that changing a civ's religion is analagous to changing government. Besides, many countries have a mix of religions in their population...very few countries have only one religion.
Old December 5, 2003, 14:06   #189
dworkin
Chieftain

A small wonder Emancipation Act. All slaves in your civ become locals. Later on all slaves moved to that civ become locals.
Old December 5, 2003, 14:12   #190
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

you mean captured workers?
Old December 5, 2003, 14:35   #191
dworkin
Chieftain

Yup. Brain doesn't work so well at 7am.
Old December 6, 2003, 04:31   #192
geniemalin
Chieftain

The option to use icons rather than animations for units, to make modding more feasible.
Old December 6, 2003, 09:37   #193
justjake73
Prince

Local Time: 05:28
Quote:
like Cedars of Lebanon in Mesopotamia scenario
I started the Mes as the Phoenicians, and had to CUT DOWN 3 or 4 Cedar forests to get water from the Jordan River and Sea of Galilee!!
and in the darkness bind them.
Old December 8, 2003, 22:20   #194
Elias
Warlord

Hey have you guys herd the great news ther will be a civ 4!!! just thought id mention it. the forum has only been around a couple of days and has already broke 4000 views!!