Old October 13, 2003, 18:25   #1
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Announcing a new Newspaper!
[Hello all, my name is Donal Graeme. Some of you might remember me from the first Civ 3 Demo game here at Poly. I was a Economic Minister of Apolytonia, founder and member of the Adam Smith Foundation, and co-editor of the Jungle Gazette. I have recently returned to Poly after a long absence, am glad to get back in.]

As I sat down today and wrote down the events of the past years, I realized that this great nation of ours has no independent information source. The advent of writing has given us a means of using our alphabet to record the events of the world so that they may be read by us at later days, or by our children in the years to come. However, the government has been our only real source of information has long as memory holds. And so it is that I announce my intention to create a new source of information for the people of this great nation. It is my intention to create a paper, one posted so that all may see in our cities, that will tell the news so that all those who can read will know what is going on. This newspaper, as I call it, will be called the Berserker Bugle. I put forth a call to all scholars in our society who can help to aide me as co-editors and journalists, letting the people know what is going on in our country and our world.

For those who would aide me in this noble task, please send a message via courrier[PM], or post a reply below this notice. Thank you all, and may our brave countryman conquer all.
Old October 14, 2003, 17:20   #2
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 04:31
While I am (obviously) not participating much in this game, I am willing to provide any help that is needed Donal.

If you need anything. At ALL. Just point me in the direction and I'll do my best to get you a story in short order.

Good luck!

Glad to see you back.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 14, 2003, 18:35   #3
Donal Graeme
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 02:31
I plan on the first issue of the Berserker Bugle being out Friday, I should have time then to work on it.

Edit: Changed from Thursday, things didn't work out as hoped.

Double Edit: The first edition is up.

Last edited by Donal Graeme; October 18, 2003 at 03:02.