Old October 14, 2003, 16:40   #1
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Tent of the Chief of Staff, HQ
Alright, countrymen. Regardless of the bickering politicians in their armchairs forming a government or not, the fight for the Promised Land as attested in the Bible continues, and as they talk in their plush chairs, our boys are out there fighting the bravely against the heathen that wishes to burn our homes and drive us into the sea. We have suffered much, and we have had enough. It is time to organise the defences of our nation, so that it, under the Lord, shall be led to greatness. Like He led Moses through the valley of darkness we will fear no ill with pillars of fire, pillars of fire will be what the infidel enemy encounters when he sees the Star of David flying on our tanks, flying alongside our men. May our bravery be legendary, and our determination worthy of epic stories. May our fighting be so exalted that the enemy shall flee at the very sight of our boys marching against them.

It will be long, it will be bloody. But I promise you that the Lord is on our side, and he shall guide us through this perilous time, like he led us out of Egypt and Babylon before, unto the plains for pasture. For the Lord, and our country, may we all be willing to put down our lives!
Old October 14, 2003, 16:45   #2
Dr. Nick
Deity

And now, to work. Firstly, I have two comissioned generals, I will need two more comissions at the moment. I have divided the fronts up as follows, for practical operational reasons more than anything. I want us to come to a concensus as far as grand strategy goes, as our resources are stretched, and thin.

Northern Front:
GOLAN HEIGHTS: Metullah, Kajer Szold, Mishmar Yarden
--OOB: 3 Kibutznick
SOUTH LEBANON: Nahariyyah, Yehi'am, Haifa
--OOB: 4 Hagana, 1 Irgun, 1 WWI Artillery, 1 Agent

Home Front:
JORDAN LINE: Degania, Gesher, Beth-Shean
--OOB: 3 Kibutznick
COAST LINE: Haderah, Netanyah, Petach Tikva
--OOB: 2 Hagana, 1 Irgun

South East Front:
West Jerusalem, Kfar Etzion, Sedom
--OOB: 3 Irgun, 1 Hagana, 1 Agent, 1 1870 Cannon, 2 Kibutznick

Sinai Front:
Tel Aviv (until Jaffa is taken), Ashdod, Gevaram, Tekumah, Nevatim, Revivim, Eilat
--OOB: 2 Irgun, 4 Hagana, 4 Kibutznick, 1 1870 Cannon

I think General Mikhoels wished for the Northern Front. I also had General Sadeh down for a command post.
Old October 14, 2003, 18:01   #3
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 13:34
I think that the Sinai front has too much responisbility.

I think it should be split into the Sinai front, and the Negev front, with the Sinai front being responsible for the battles in the coast, and the Negev front being responsible for securing the vast negev desert.
Old October 14, 2003, 18:05   #4
Az
Emperor

or to be more precise, I think that the new Negev front should get the military defence of Sedom.

OOC: Israeli generals aren't religious loons. They're militaristic loons, that are more to the secular side.
Old October 14, 2003, 19:17   #5
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 10:34
In negotiations with Centre, we have refined the "strategery" . It still includes building up defenses and linking expansion, but the following is an add-on of where we want to go first.

The following are a list of cities, both primary and secondary targets. How you capture the cities is up to you and your generals. Capturing any city outside the list requires 80% of the cabinet approving (or basically 4/5 cabinet members). Cabinet members for this vote are,

Prime Minister
Defense Minister
Econ Minister
Immigration minister
President

Primary:Tantura, Jaffa, Akko, Nazareth, Tiberias.
Secondary: Safed, East Jerusalem, Gaza, Hebron and Beersheba.
Old October 14, 2003, 21:28   #6
Dr. Nick
Deity

How dare they put the Holiest City of All as a secondary objective! War is to important to be left to politicians!

My criterion to lump all those things into the Sinai Front is mostly lack of units. If I divide the fronts into too many, we have a problem where lack of units seriously hampers operability. When we have more units, I'll probably be splitting fronts up, but at the time being, I think that it would be counterproductive on our operational capabilities to split the Sinai into two fronts.

Let me fire up the scenario and look at those cities.
Old October 14, 2003, 21:34   #7
Dr. Nick
Deity

Primary objectives look alright, I'm particularly interested in opening up the road along the coast with the capture of Tantura and Akko primarily, Jaffa might be a tougher nut to crack without more artillery. As well as opening up the road to the Golan Heights through Tiberias. Nazareth as a solid secondary objective is alright as well, namely because opening up Tiberias will allow us to resupply the beleaguered settlements on the Jordan as well, of course much quicker through Nazareth.

I will need the Defence Minister as well as whoever's in charge of infrastructure and production to tell me what can built in short order, because we need artillery double quick.

Additionally, who's duty is it to control the zion workers? I think it was missed out in the 'rules' thread, and it's kind of 'up in the air'... can I allot them to front commanders for use as combat engineers?
Old October 14, 2003, 21:45   #8
PinkyGen
Prince

I think Defense Minister has control, but obviously some will have to be given over to be combat engineers. I'll edit this post if I find otherwise.

And sorry for demoting Jerusalem, you may consider it an important secondary objective, as well as defending the West. But that city also has some defenses, so it might be best to try to lure Arabs out first anyway. And it wasn't as if we were going to capture it first turn.
Old October 14, 2003, 21:52   #9
Dr. Nick
Deity

I need MSN/ICQ/AIM (Hopefully they'll have ICQ or MSN) of the front commanders and of the cabinet, please.
Old October 14, 2003, 22:05   #10
PinkyGen
Prince

PinkyGen18 on AIM.

Oh, and Defense Minister controls infrastructure. In fact, the job is more infrastructure related than "defense" related, but terms do not really matter.

Last edited by PinkyGen; October 14, 2003 at 22:19.
Old October 14, 2003, 22:47   #11
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:34
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I would not mind the South-east Front. By the way, my AIM is msr532

Last edited by POTUS; October 16, 2003 at 19:04.
Old October 14, 2003, 23:08   #12
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:34
East Jerusalem is a secondary target simply because we currently do not have the resources to invade it and capture it. It's very difficult to capture and will the purchasing of American aircraft and Soviet tanks after the war begins. I'm the defence minister. You can be assured that Tel Aviv will be producing some WW1 artillery. One of those along with the Irgun and 1870 cannons there should help you pound Jaffa's defences to nothing and allow you to occupy it on turn 2.
Old October 15, 2003, 09:19   #13
Az
Emperor

I rarely if ever go online on ICQ. actually, I think I forgot my number, and code. just PM me.
Old October 15, 2003, 10:02   #14
Dr. Nick
Deity

What's your email then? My PMs never worked.
Old October 15, 2003, 14:25   #15
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 12:34
Arthedain84@hotmail.com @ MSN
(eco minister)
Old October 15, 2003, 16:13   #16
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
You already know my MSN, but again, it is

dejamk@hotmail.nospam.com

without the nospam, of course.

I think that a priority should be to link the Golan cities with the rest of Israel. Tiberias is a very important city to conquest, inmho. Defending the Golan will probe DIFFICULT.

And keep in mind that walls don't work against tanks!
Old October 15, 2003, 18:08   #17
PinkyGen
Prince

El Awrence, tell me when you feel you have things sorted out enough to start the game. I'll post the first file, since we move first and thus there is nothing to obvserve of the Arabs. But after I post, and everyone has gone through ala Red Front style, you'll move whatever is left, and then watch the Arabs turn, and then post the next months turn for the joyous process to all start again.
Old October 15, 2003, 18:14   #18
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

There should be no spare units! I need all the avaliable hands! The defense of Israel is still priority! Build more units!
Old October 15, 2003, 19:28   #19
PinkyGen
Prince

typically, spare units are units people forgot to move.
Old October 15, 2003, 19:31   #20
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
What's your email then? My PMs never worked.
What do you mean, "never worked"?

Oh, and btw, I think I've compiled a comprehensive map of our objectives. The Red lines are routes that have to remain in our hands, and are Primary Targets. Basically, those are the routes holding our various current territories together, and are very much at risk due to various palestinian towns on the way, that have to be under our control, to win this war, move supplies and troops, etc.

The green areas are our secondary targets that we have to control, but are important, strategically, for the future, or nationally, as signs ( East Jerusalem ).

The Blue-ish arrows mark our advance into areas which are Bonus Areas, i.e. areas we'd like to control by the end of this war.

Do the Chief of Staff, and the Minister of Defence agree?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	55104  
Old October 15, 2003, 19:35   #21
yaroslav
Emperor

"I couldn't agree more about the lines of defense... The roads should be conquered in order to effectively defend our country... And that's include the Golan... I hope the politics are not going to screw it up as they use to do..."

--- Open Letter from Moshe Mikholes, North Front Commander.
Old October 15, 2003, 19:49   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

[With my Knesset hat on]
The Cheif of Staff needs to agree the Cabinet has already told you what the objectives are. Holding those roads open are OK as long as you dont exceed your objectives both primary and secondary. So if I read the map correctly AND you have done proper accounting everything but the blue arrows are approved. If you want blue arrows see my shamless political plug below........

If you need to exceed them, you need a good reason, and you need to plead your case to the Knesset for vote.

And with an 80% vote needed, the probability of that happening is slim to none.
[Knesset hat off]

[One Israel Party Hack hat on]
[Shamless Political Plug]
If you want total free reign of the map then vote for One Israel next time!
[Shamless Political Plug]
[One Israel Party Hack hat off]
Old October 15, 2003, 20:27   #23
Dr. Nick
Deity

Indeed. One contigous territory will be essential to our defence. As it stands, the situation is untenable, we cannot fight with these isolated pockets.
Old October 15, 2003, 20:46   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Indeed. One contigous territory will be essential to our defence. As it stands, the situation is untenable, we cannot fight with these isolated pockets.

[Party Hack Hat ON]

Well I can certainly tell you it was NOT the idea of the One Israel Party!

[Party Hack Hat OFF]
Old October 15, 2003, 21:49   #25
Dr. Nick
Deity

We're still going for Cairo to Teheran though, but as a long term goal.
Old October 15, 2003, 22:37   #26
PinkyGen
Prince

Look, I don't like the target list as well, but its not horrible.
If you capture everything on the target list, and still want to advance, then hopefully common sense will prevail and we may advance. If you secure the red, then hopefully you can succesfully appeal to be allowed to take the blue. It's obvious we won't be storming up the Golan very soon.

Rest assured, given time, all the land will be ours.
Old October 15, 2003, 23:28   #27
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:34
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Quote:
We're still going for Cairo to Teheran though, but as a long term goal.
We aren't going to go just to Egypt and Iran, are we? I sorta envisioned Israel being from Capetown to Murmansk.
Old October 16, 2003, 15:06   #28
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 12:34
I'm willing to command any front..

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 16, 2003, 15:51   #29
Dr. Nick
Deity

Ok, then, we have four commanders. Does anyone favour any front in particular or shall I draw from a hat?
Old October 16, 2003, 16:18   #30
yaroslav
Emperor

North front for me!!!