Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 11:37
Local Date: November 2, 2010
All right, seems fine for me
Old October 22, 2003, 07:57   #62
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:37
i agree use this one Drogue
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 22, 2003, 08:16   #63
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 03:37
Note:

As part of the diplomatic negotiations I also asked Miriam "for a joint attack on my enemy" - then selected PEACE.

For 215 credits she'll join the fray!!

(and you know that she'll never truce, treaty or pact with them thereafter - anyone'd get the "I have accepted payment for his destruction" spiel)

G.
Old October 22, 2003, 08:20   #64
Phenix
Warlord

Certainly an option to think about, if this war is going to drag on (not likely ) and we can get some energy reserves. Although I'd rather invest those 200 EC's in some ships or probes probably...
Old October 22, 2003, 08:47   #65
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

well if we get some extra`s because of planet pearls or our raids i am willing to send in miriam.but first priority is to build up our own forces...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 22, 2003, 10:39   #66
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

and don't forget podpopping for energy with your 8-turn cruiser now roaming around. With so many of the podpops disabled, energy happens more frequently than it otherwise would

(And also, to prototype impact and plasma, you can always build an armored impact cruiser and use a crawler to speed the prototyping - plus some energy I would imagine)

G.
Old October 22, 2003, 15:07   #67
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I agree with all that's been said. Will play tonight (within the next 3 hours). Thanks all

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 23, 2003, 18:52   #68
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:37
Quote:
However I think the switch out of wealth is needed. It would be illogical to launch a war with very green troops IMHO.
Indeed.
Btw, if you say that units built under Wealth don't get a morale bonus when you switch to eg Knowledge, does that also mean that if you would switch from Knowledge to Power, none of the units you built under Knowledge would get a morale upgrade?

If so, I must say I find it quite odd. I always had the impression increasing morale effectively increased the morale of ALL units, and not the recently built ones.
Old October 24, 2003, 19:06   #69
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 05:37
As far as I understand it, building units under wealth and then switching to knowledge will not increase their morale. However, building units under knowledge and the switching to power will increase their morale. Building units under wealth and switching to power will increase their morale, but only to normal, not to the bonus from power.

I believe the mechanism is that negative morale modifiers last permanently, while positive morale modifiers don't (at least for SE choices).
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Last edited by Corellion; October 24, 2003 at 19:22.
Old October 24, 2003, 19:12   #70
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I believe Corellion is correct.

Old October 25, 2003, 07:17   #71
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Ah ok, that explains it. Thanks.
Old October 25, 2003, 09:45   #72
Googlie
Emperor

Just an interesting note now that you are a naval power (and this was discussed very early in the game with the Pirates, so I'm not giving any advantage by mentioning it - in fact, I'd be disadvantaging you by not mentioning it):

As results from podpopping exclude techs and AA's, the probability of other events increases. In playtesting I found sea podpopping to yield above average instances of unit cloning (one of the reasons I cut PEACE back to one starting gunfoil) and energy credits (the 200 ec's came much earlier in the game than usual)

I confirmed that this was not unique to the Pirates last turn when I playtested to get to the PEACE turn (to see how my AI factions were doing) - I got an immediate clone of your Cruiser on its first podpop.

just leveling the playing field ............

G.
Old October 25, 2003, 18:15   #73
Corellion
Prince

Either Lemmy's becoming more active, or that's the sweet sound of pod popping I hear.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old October 26, 2003, 09:16   #74
Drogue
staff

We must start to pod-pop a bit more IMHO Especially with naval units.

Old October 26, 2003, 14:51   #75
Corellion
Prince

Indeed.
Old October 27, 2003, 06:52   #76
Phenix
Warlord

Maybe use the laser cruiser that we were planning to use for patrols?? And we can maybe use the transport too, if we can find some free time for it after the initial assault...
Old November 4, 2003, 09:37   #77
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:37
Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
I believe the mechanism is that negative morale modifiers last permanently, while positive morale modifiers don't (at least for SE choices).
So let me get this straight.... if I build a unit under an SE choice with no morale effects, it is (let us say) green. The if I change to Wealth it has two downgrades to morale (very very green), but if I change back out to an SE choice with no morale effects then the unit stays at the -2 Morale? Or do you mean that only units built DURING the time of -ve morale effects have the negative effects permanently attached?

I need to get some things straight - logically and easy to follow straight. So expect lots of silly questions like this from me.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old November 4, 2003, 19:05   #78
Drogue
staff

It remains -2 morale. All ships are downgraded when negative morale is applied, and none are upgraded when positive morale is (expect those built after).

Old November 5, 2003, 11:06   #79
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Is their any chance of us getting access to POWER! *Imperial Storm Trooper Music, Dun, Dun Dunnunn *

So we can switch breifly to it as our Impact Crusiers are being completed so as to gain the moral bost atleast temporarily?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old November 5, 2003, 17:08   #80
Corellion
Prince

It would require a fair detour in our techs, and even if we did get it I would not support such an action. -2 industry (-1 with Planned) is an enormous penalty, and one I'm not willing to endure. It would take 22% longer to build anything.
Old November 5, 2003, 20:13   #81
Googlie
Emperor

Your 2145 turn is hanging in the general turn reporting thread (only I've downloaded so far ..........)

G.
Old November 6, 2003, 17:31   #82
Drogue
staff

I have too. I will play tonight, unless I see an objection.

Old November 17, 2003, 06:40   #83
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Slight problem - the forest due for completion near Aurora next turn (2146) claims to take two more turns in the 2145 presend I downloaded. Thus we will be one mineral out of completing that Transport on time in the orders.

Time for a rush somewhere?

Old November 17, 2003, 06:51   #84
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Also, I see the plan as it stands allows for no more Cruisers to be built - we should probably be ready to change to another Impact Cruiser in Pi Square when we attack in case of bad results. Perhaps a rush of the first Plasma Garrison there? We have the cash for some rushing even now.

Old November 17, 2003, 07:18   #85
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Also I just noted that Logic Loop is at 14 min per turn not 12 as scheduled, and Apolyton Prime at 7 per turn not 6. This will mess up the schedules a bit.

Time for us to update them? For greatest efficiency, naturellement.

Old November 18, 2003, 19:02   #86
Maniac

Quote:
Slight problem - the forest due for completion near Aurora next turn (2146) claims to take two more turns in the 2145 presend I downloaded.
I would prefer to send the Boolean crawler to rehome at Aurora. That way the cruiser transport would be finished even sooner than planned, and our invasion could start earlier

Quote:
Also, I see the plan as it stands allows for no more Cruisers to be built - we should probably be ready to change to another Impact Cruiser in Pi Square when we attack in case of bad results. Perhaps a rush of the first Plasma Garrison there? We have the cash for some rushing even now.
The plan is more or less outdated as you already noted on a few points. Later in this thread a few of us agreed that building one plasma sentinels (which we have already done) is sufficient for now and that we should concentrate on offensive units. So another impact cruiser in Pi Square after the current one is finished seems great! If we besides that also build one in Zetaris we already have a respectable fleet.

As for updating the schedule. I'd love to, but I don't really have time right now. If someone else is willing, be my guest of course!
Old November 25, 2003, 18:13   #87
Maniac

We will have three probe defences next turn and one probe team in production. May I therefore suggest we switch production in Apolyton Prime to a Marine Impact Squad next year? Logic Loop I would still let produce a Marine Impact Rover?

Edit: "marine" added.

Last edited by Maniac; November 26, 2003 at 14:47.
Old November 26, 2003, 00:11   #88
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I assume the updated plan calls for a few Probe teams for defence and one for inflitration or something? If this is it, we surely do not need any more.

Will post on Marines vs normal Infantry once I get home and view the save again.

Old November 26, 2003, 14:57   #89
Maniac

I would vote to keep that current probe defence in the northern Pi Square where it is, and move the other two probe defences and the future probe team to Boolean Bay where they can be shipped to infiltrate and probe-attack PEACE, and defend captured bases. Since the current plan is to attack Alexandria first, I guess PEACE would try to probe-attack that base after we capture it, and not our bases east of it (Boolean Bay, Binary Bastion), making it wise to move all available probe forces to the front.

What units should we include in our initial invasion transport to Alexandria btw? One probe defence to infiltrate PEACE, and then three offensive units, or rather two probe defences: one for infiltration and one for defence in case PEACE has again built up a probe force?
If only we had infiltrator info about PEACE, we could plan things better.
Old November 26, 2003, 22:40   #90
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

So let me get this straight - we want to strike a deal with the Hive where we will vote for them as Planetary Governor, and then I suppose they are near certain to get in (assuming their pop is typically large). In return they will then give us PEACE infiltrator info. All correct?

And if we got this decision, we would then be in a position to call the Council, or be in a position to give someone else the last contact(s) they need to call the Council - correct?