Old October 17, 2003, 02:06   #1
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Blades' Den *inflitration and other info*
A more handy way of seeing all the relevant data on hand - updated every ~5 turns. if you want builds or deeper detail, just look at the save, mmmkay? ^_^

This is an example report, let me know if I need to add anything else please

Master Map (click for full in game size {3 MB!})

CyCon (current to 2140)

Researching: Well we know it's not Doc: Init anymore
SP's: None; building the VW with 7 turns left (as of 2140) - was swapped for MCC in 2142 (5 turns left?)

Bases:
3 Apolyton Prime (HQ) 1 Scout
3 Pi Square 1 Scout
4 Logic Loop 1 scout + Ogre MK1
2 Boolean Bay 1 Scout
2 Aurora 1 Scout
2 DBTSverse Portal 1 Scout
1 Zetaris -None-
1 Mythical Matrix 1 Scout
1 Binary Bastion 1 Scout

10 formers, 1 Unity Rover, 3 crawlers -NO- known probes

Last edited by Makahlua; October 21, 2003 at 17:06.
Old October 21, 2003, 17:07   #2
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

What 14 views and no comments? Love you guys too Lookup if you're curious what I was doing a bunch of tabbing to PSP for.....
Old October 21, 2003, 18:27   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:42
Congratulations Maki. I knew you could do it. Tell you what though it took a hell of a time to load to the full size on my puny computer. Great to have a better bigger picture feel for the AI, PUT and our friends of course.

With the turn virtually on us we need to do some strategy stuff.

What I suggest you might do when you get the turn is play just a few non controversial moves and then lets look at the options.

We may want to experiment with going planned.
Old October 21, 2003, 21:49   #4
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 04:42
Downloading it now...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 22, 2003, 08:41   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 03:42
Pretty good, Makahlua

(You know it was good when I was alt/tabbing between the real map and yours, and kept clicking on your pic to recenter the cursor!!)

G.
Old October 22, 2003, 09:38   #6
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

We need either a base or a crawler on Kew Gardens...

How about a sea base on the mineral bonus tile NE of the "Coder's Pit" base. Once we build a transport there we've got access to both islands, make the SW one a crawler point, possibly the same for the island NE of the mineral point.

Also get a sea base up by the fossil field ridge...

Those are my only suggestions, but I'm very thankful for the work done doing that as opposed to me having to load the turn.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 22, 2003, 21:45   #7
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Yes, a very very good job Cap'n Maki; must have been a lot of work to do it so neatly and all. Seems like I must have looked at this thread earlier without seeing the big map (was there an under construction version of it for a while?), so some of those ungrateful hits might have been before its full glory was presenting itself.
Old October 22, 2003, 22:07   #8
FlameFlash
Emperor

Two are from me... downloading it at home and at work...

Old October 30, 2003, 09:48   #9
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Just noticed, Not only did Kody cease as Ambassador for the Hive, he ceased from the Hive period ( I suppose he could rejoin later).

A) He must have been cheesed off doing all the work, thinking and posting and Ambassador etc
B) Felt the Hive had won through his superior game play. ( They do have a considerable lead and number of SPs built. even outshining the famed Drones at this stage.

Also he was one of the players who kept the main forum alive at times with Pravda etc. So maybe that's why it has gone very quiet.
Old October 30, 2003, 11:06   #10
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Yeah - he was becoming compulsive-obsessive about the faction. Complaining that he did all the work, but complaining when others who helped didn;t do it to his high standard.

then got an ultimatum at work to choose between his career or his game.

So resigned as the turnplayer, but still couldn't keep away from the boards offering advice and criticisms, so removed himself from all access to the boards for the time being.

I've seen some good micro-mamagers in action in PBEMs (big_canuck, MoSe, RedFred, jimmytrick, et al, but never seen anyone with Kody's depth. After the game is over and all have access to each others forums, you'll be amazed at some of the techniques he's used to get the Hive to where it currently is

They're the poorer for his absence

G.
Old October 31, 2003, 10:33   #11
FlameFlash
Emperor

Excellant.

Old October 31, 2003, 16:48   #12
Hercules
Deity

Thanks for that. Could the techniques transfer to any faction or as Kody indicated, special local circumstances also in play.
Old November 3, 2003, 10:58   #13
Googlie
Emperor

A bit of both. There are certainly some strategies that he's employing that any faction could use. Some are specific to their start position, changing circumstances since the game began, and thier interactions with pactmates
Old November 15, 2003, 03:15   #14
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Local Time: 10:42
WE control a fair portion of the world now, don't we?
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old November 15, 2003, 20:35   #15
Hercules
Deity

We know a fair portion of the world. I don't think we control it.
Old November 16, 2003, 06:01   #16
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Local Time: 10:42
Even though we don't know enough of the map to know this to be true or not, but from what is vissible, we control a fair number more colonies then the others, that is all I am saying.
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old November 16, 2003, 23:23   #17
Hercules
Deity

Ok accepted. I still think we have the best maps
Old November 17, 2003, 10:41   #18
FlameFlash
Emperor

/me nods.

Though just because we have more colonies doesn't mean much... we need to up the citizenship of each colony if we want to be a more powerful voting block.

Old June 13, 2004, 09:18   #19
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:42
Yeah I feel horrible about how I treated my team mates. In a word "crabby".

Yes I was obessive compulsive. Also I think googlie overrated me strategy wise.
Old June 13, 2004, 21:52   #20
Googlie
Emperor

You're too modest, K

I've been around some of the "greats" over my 5 years on these and the predecessor forums, and believe me, you rank right up there with them

G.
Old June 19, 2004, 11:44   #21
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 12:42
Looking at Hive threads, I would say Gglie is right.
Old June 21, 2004, 17:00   #22
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Yes Googlie gave a very accurate picture of Kody.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 25, 2004, 03:20   #23
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Nice work Maki...

I did something like this once too, with PSP (looks horrible), way back when I first joined CyCon.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 25, 2004, 03:34   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:42
Nice work Maki...

I did something like this once too, with PSP (looks horrible), way back when I first joined CyCon.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!