Old March 14, 2004, 14:48   #331
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 12:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
How about that another member sends a more warmonging message to them?

They might think that a split is happening in our ranks, and in their response we could learn something of their real motives (the one they're responding to).

Do we need a volunteer? I am to do such a thing.
Old March 15, 2004, 02:38   #332
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 21:44
I will hint at our possible use of "teeth" in response to their attack.
Old March 15, 2004, 02:44   #333
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Well, I would have if Tass didn't close the thread.
Old March 15, 2004, 03:56   #334
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:44
Evil Tass.
Thread reopened.
Old March 15, 2004, 05:06   #335
Skanky Burns

Much obliged.
Old March 15, 2004, 17:32   #336
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

This is a message for the members conducting diplomatic contacts with the Hive:

We have posted our turn, not attacking Hive units. But as far as I know, no responses on both 'official' diplomatic messages, as 'informal' chats have come.

If any of you (Impaler, MWIA) has any news yet, please let us know ASAP. I'm getting it over my ears about these samples of Hive diplomaty.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 06:46   #337
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:44
Ok I have some new news.

First off Arnelos has been oked by Voltair to act as a Hive ambasador. I then proceeded to have a chat with him, WIA and Frankychan were also present for portions of the chat. We discussed many of the resent game events and I comunicated the fact that we did not attack Hive units but could likly counter attack if our units are attacked on the Hives turn. I presented the Cycon perspective on many of the Hives actions and he did likewise for the Hive. Lastly I made an offer that I belive we can all live with. I stated that if the Hive did not attack Cycon units and sends us a Treaty offer OR 60 Credits reperation we would agree to move our units south and not attack the Hives units.

The main impression I got was that their is significant division within the Hive over what to do and that they want to keep the Pirates alive even if it as a small token state. I expressed the original plan to alow them to resetle in the north and become a vassel of the Hive and this seemed agreeable to him.

I also tried to quell the Hives fears that we would attack them, though I know its rather illogical for them to fear attack from us he claims that infact many in the Hive do infact fear us. I pointed out their significant defences (like perimiters defences) and the heavy navel component of our military make such an attack suicidal.

He also expressed the opinon that the Hive feels some odd human emotion called sympathy and guilt over what happened to the Pirates in addition to being shocked and aww at the speed and success of our war. If you remember the Hive has had rather weak defences for a long time and many of them were aparently jittery enough to support attacking the Pod.

Hopefully more comunications will come in and we can get a more concrete agreement from them. Ofcorse their actions in the upcomeing turn will ultimatly reveal what they have desided to do.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 16, 2004, 08:45   #338
Skanky Burns

Seems like it is "wait and see" then.
Old March 16, 2004, 09:18   #339
Skanky Burns

Regarding our mind-captured CP:
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
It moved towards us, and could make a base from which primitive CyCon air units could threaten the fragile peace.
Why were we moving it towards the Hive?
Old March 16, 2004, 10:18   #340
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Regarding our mind-captured CP:

Why were we moving it towards the Hive?
Already countered Jamski on that, but the main reason is that it was out of direct sight in the center of that isle. BTW, moving it there wasn't towards Hive territory, but to Angel territory.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 10:32   #341
Skanky Burns

I'll have to brush up on game territory when I get some time. Thanks Geo.
Old March 16, 2004, 10:57   #342
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, I want to thank you guys (DBTS, Impaler and Skanky) on the consistent and coheren postings we made in the main forum versus Jamski.

I think it shows the other Hive members our point of view clearly and consistent enough and might convince them an all-out war is not necessary at all.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 14:05   #343
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Seems like an interesting chat Impaler. Do you (or MWIA) have a chatlog of that session?

A PM received from Jamski:

Quote:
***Message to the CyCon***
***Sent from a small pod in international waters***

***Jamski to CyCon***

***Please re-broadcast in your internal forums***

We have lost the internal debate. Me and Frankychan have been asked to stop communications with the CyCon. Sorry there is nothing else we can do.

Arnelos now has the ambassador job, and Mead takes the Deputy Chairman position. I'm out on my arse.

All good luck to the CyCon in the coming struggles, and I wish it could have worked out differently.

I even wrote a poem to try and convince my team... it fell on deaf ears.

***Former Deputy Chairman Jamski signing out***

-Jam
Old March 16, 2004, 14:34   #344
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Seems like an interesting chat Impaler. Do you (or MWIA) have a chatlog of that session?

Two ends of the stick again

Tass, please, send us 15 pb's, so we can obliterate any single Hive base.

I don't want to hear it anymore...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 16, 2004, 21:27   #345
GeoModder
Deity

I took the liberty to start a diplomaty thread in the Voy Forum. I'll post the existence of that thread in the main forum in the ambassador's thread.

So far only some basic stuff proposed: the return of our units to our territorium (including the cruiser near Conshelf 57), in return the return of their units and an offer for the signing of a truce.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 03:31   #346
Skanky Burns

I hope no-one objects to my "hawkish" postings in the public forums. IMO the Hive see us continually stating that we want peace yet their actions continue to show us no respect nor trust. They keep escalating tension in the region, it seems to be only a matter of time before they start attacking our military units outright.

We need to show them that if push comes to shove we are willing and able to take the fight to them and make them hurt.
Old March 17, 2004, 05:41   #347
GeoModder
Deity

O, you're doing good IMO on the main forum. And I don't expect to see much progress in talks with them, but the effort must be made for the forum 'log'. If you can keep it up, please do so.

I expect that next turn we'll see one cruiser gone with a load of diplo crapp as for the reason why they sinked it. But at least we denied Hive 3 times already a forward base closer to us, and that counts in case a fullout war happens. They need at least 3-4 turns now to reach the closest base with some transport, even if they have one ready.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 09:06   #348
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

I may have been logging that... I will check and email it tomorrow, Maniac. The log would be at work.

The deal looks good Impaler. Plus if Arn sticks around as Hive FAM we can expect far more consistent communications and certain responses to our PMs. Arn is in chat a lot as well, almost every day.

Personally I am willing to forget this CP debacle assuming the Hive is starting to cooperate and actually inform us of important concerns before they make rash judgements in future.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 17, 2004, 10:05   #349
GeoModder
Deity

MWIA, if you don't mind, can you mail me that log too?

I hope something constructive comes out of the diplo talks with Hive. The CP issue can be used to keep the moral ground, and be dismissed off when they actually starting to talk, instead of avoiding the issue of a truce.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 06:30   #350
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Personally I am willing to forget this CP debacle assuming the Hive is starting to cooperate and actually inform us of important concerns before they make rash judgements in future.
Agreed.

Although if they continue to say one thing but then do another in-game, such as sinking anymore of our units, then I will be pushing for full war.
Old March 18, 2004, 10:29   #351
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:44
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
I'd be willing too if they apologised. But they attacked us, and, even having long been the support of the Hive here, against much pressure, I don't trust them anymore. Their distrust of us (like with founding a base, not asking us to withdraw the CP) means a decent relationship isn't possible. I don't see that changing. Therefore, it's a matter of when it's better to strike, now or later. IMHO, we stand the best chance right after destroying PEACE. That way, we only fight on one front, and they haven't had time for a massive build up. Any sooner would be risky, and later would give them time to build, and they build fast, it seems.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old April 7, 2004, 07:40   #352
GeoModder
Deity

I found this in my PM box this morning.

Quote:
PM by Chairman Voltaire of the Hive

University Surrender

The People of the Human Hive wish to bring an end to aggressions between ourselves and the University. We desire that hostilities between our two factions come to an end. We, alongside our Comrades the Drones, have liberated the peoples of the University, but we believe in the principle of self-determination, so we offer the government of the University the opportunity to surrender. If the government of the University surrenders to the Human Hive and signs a pact of non-aggression and friendship, becoming a Friend and Ally of the Human Hive, we will allow them to continue to exist as independent international sovereign entities within the greater Communist Interfactional [COMINFAC]. If the government of the University does not see it fit to do what it is the best interests of its peoples, the Human Hive will have no choice but to depose the government of the University and establish a People’s Republic in place of the former capitalist regime. The Human Hive is open to negotiations about the conditions of surrender, but if the University government chooses not to we will be forced to act.

-Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive
Ok, that's it, we have an official choice here:

Self destruct Caboolture, taking it out of the game. This can be done next turn, since the defender production will only be finished then, I think.

or:

surrender PUT, and let it become a vassal state of Hive, for whatever purpose they see fit (friend and ally stuff seem to imply this).

My suggestion is to start diplomatic talks with Hive about surrender, quoting something like that PUT acknowledges it's military defeat, and has broken it links with CyCon in light of this (no military backup anymore from CyCon, nor transfer of info or energy), and asks for the Hive terms of surrender. I expect them to be unacceptable, thus self destruct will be necessary.
This might also be a way for Obstructor to probe a bit about a possible solution for CyCon. In this PM not a word about that is mentioned, so asking doesn't harm. I'll prepare a PM back to Hive, post it here and await comments of you. I expect to sent this PM tomorrow, thus 24 hours time to post your say.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 7, 2004 at 08:02.
Old April 7, 2004, 07:59   #353
GeoModder
Deity

How does this sounds?

Quote:
Re: University surrender:

Members of the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive.

PUT acknowledges hereby it's military defeat against the combined forces of the Human Hive and the Drones. As a consequence of this PUT has is willing to break the links with it's CyCon Unification partner, meaning that no military backup or transfer of info and energy will be received anymore, nor sent. As stated when the Unification found place, PUT is allowed to go it's own way whenever it's citizens see fit. This time seems to have come now.

In light of this PUT asks the terms of surrender of Hive, as well asks if a surrender to Hive automatically means surrender to Drones as well, so that our last city wouldn't fall because of bad military communications between the Hive-Drone alliance.

Also, the Caboolture City Council wishes to make clear that no heavy assault troops will be trained as long as the status of PUT isn't clear, thus in essence as long as the surrender talks are in progress.

-Caboolture City Council of PUT
Edit: Skanky's correction

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 7, 2004 at 19:03.
Old April 7, 2004, 09:15   #354
Skanky Burns

Quote:
nomore
anymore

Good plan though, and I would agree that it seems self-destruct is the best option. No need to give the Hive another council vote for the sake of a single city.
Old April 7, 2004, 13:33   #355
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

I hope Geo you don`t mind that I said Hive they can PM you if I am offline . Anyway sounds good, but I think you should change "broken its links" to "willing to break links", so that it doesn`t seem like CPU is falling apart, even as it is. You are hereby named PUT Peace Arbiter! Stall as long as possible.

Last edited by Illuminatus; April 7, 2004 at 15:09.
Old April 7, 2004, 14:04   #356
Ouro_827
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human Hive
Prince

Local Time: 01:44
Willing to break, not willing to broke.
Old April 7, 2004, 15:08   #357
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Ah yes, thanks Ouro.
Old April 7, 2004, 19:03   #358
GeoModder
Deity

Edited again

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 05:01   #359
GeoModder
Deity

OK? no comments anymore, I'll sent it.

(to Voltaire, Arnelos and HongHu)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 05:03   #360
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I will send additional PM tonight, about the matters stated in my original PM.