Old April 8, 2004, 13:00   #361
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Local Time: 12:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hiverian Drone itisyoda, I wish to know why are you listed as member of Hive. Since Hive chose to ignore it in my first PM I am now asking you directly to explain why are you listed as a member of Hive? Have the Hive and Drones unified, or are you some sort of ambassador with access to both forums? I wish for your reply soon, as I do not want for something like this to end peace talks.

Prime Function Obstructor-Omicron-Nine of the CPU
Sent this to itisyoda to finally find out what is he doing in Hive. The last sentence is not a threat or real intention, since I just wanted to get attention of Hive.
Old April 8, 2004, 17:01   #362
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

No prob with it, you have my support.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 17:02   #363
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Well HongHu assures me that we will soon find out.
Old April 8, 2004, 19:51   #364
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

This I found in my PM box when I got home. Appearantly Obstructor was just off line then. :suspicious:

Quote:
The Human Hive commends your actions of conceding and joining the fight to liberate Chiron cybernetic plague. We have obtained confirmation from the Drones that Caboolture will not be attacked as long as it does not in any way violates the terms of its surrender. The Hive/Drones alliance request the PUT end its affiliation/pact/joint-ness with the CyCon/CPU. Caboolture must not be controled by anybody who is in anyway affliated with the CyCons. Caboolture must not be used in any way to aid the CyCons in its military actions. The PUT must not produce assault troops. The Human Hive will provide military forces for PUT's protection.

Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive
Ok, that is clear. They allow Caboolture to exist as a forward base against CyCon. Now we must tell them that our turn was played before their response came in. I hope that Tass can testify for this if needed. Tass?

I already posted when the PUT turn was played in the turn tracking thread.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 03:39   #365
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I got the same message too ( and I can`t be online for so long - some people need to sleep , this is why they send PMs to both of us). Since we played it already, I propose that we reject and obliterate the base next turn.
Old April 9, 2004, 04:12   #366
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:44
Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
I hope that Tass can testify for this if needed. Tass?
I cannot.
Old April 9, 2004, 04:30   #367
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

How come? Anyway the post is in the turn reports and hasn`t been edited.
Old April 9, 2004, 11:12   #368
GeoModder
Deity

How about this response:

Quote:
The Caboolture City Council has received the harsh demands the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive put forward.
Although PUT is forced to acknowledge the defeat, it does not mean that it should suddenly turn against it's longterm ally the CyCon by fighting them. Nor is PUT in any condition to fight a war with whomever. We hope that the Hive/Drone alliance can offer the same clementie as CPU once offered PEACE, as in becoming a small neutral state with no submission to anyone. To ensure the continuing survival of our city, good relations should be maintained with all warring factions in this part of the planet, as that nor the Hive/Drone alliance, nor the Cybernetic Consciousness will 'accidently' or 'strategically' make use of Caboolture.
We await the Committees response on this.

-Caboolture City Council of the Planetary University of Technology

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 10, 2004 at 05:16.
Old April 9, 2004, 11:24   #369
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

could you add longterm in front of ally, and mention the fact that Hive designated PUT as enemy even before the game was started?
Old April 10, 2004, 05:17   #370
GeoModder
Deity

'longterm' added, but for that designated enemy stuff I don't feel like it. Not in the mood to open such a can of worms.

PM sent.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 10, 2004, 05:20   #371
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Good.
Old April 10, 2004, 05:22   #372
GeoModder
Deity

And Voltaire is online...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 10, 2004, 05:26   #373
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I doubt you will get response soon.
Old April 10, 2004, 12:00   #374
GeoModder
Deity

Off course not, probably most Hivers flock to their forum when the turn has arrived.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 10, 2004, 12:54   #375
GeoModder
Deity

Obstructor, there is no need to double confirm in 'official threads' (eg. the turn tracking thread in the main forum).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 10, 2004, 14:06   #376
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Why not . I will stop, if you wish so.
Old April 10, 2004, 19:02   #377
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Off course not, probably most Hivers flock to their forum when the turn has arrived.
It took me about 3 minutes to stop laughing when I read that

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 11, 2004, 16:13   #378
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
It took me about 3 minutes to stop laughing when I read that
Not that I want this thread to become a spam thread, but tell me Jam, how far was it from the truth?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 12, 2004, 07:43   #379
GeoModder
Deity

Again, Kody posted something somewhere in the DG forum, but not in the main section of it... (13.10 u)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 12, 2004, 11:17   #380
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Not that I want this thread to become a spam thread, but tell me Jam, how far was it from the truth?
A LONG way from the truth. We are talking about units of astronomical proportions.

-Jam
Old April 12, 2004, 11:37   #381
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Message from Voltaire
Quote:
originally PMed by Voltaire

~reiteration
The government of the Planetary University of Technology obviously misconstrued the generous gesture by the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive. The terms of our offer are non-negotiable, either surrender and accept them (to surrender is to accept our terms) or be destroyed. If you surrender you will retain some autonomy and may even be listened to [which by no means provides a guarantee that your requests will be obliged], but if the government chooses not to act in its own best interest, the Human Hive sees no option other than to dissolve the illegitimate government and integrate the remaining independent University territory into the greater overall structure of the of the Human Hive. In short: surrender unconditionally or be destroyed.

Just to reiterate the four points, to avoid any further confusion:

1. Surrender to the Hive/Drone alliance, and swear a pact to serve us.
2. Break pact with the CCs. (You may be allowed to keep a peace treaty, but that will be decided later.)
3. Do not keep any units with attacking ability. The Hive will provide military units for your protection.
4. If you do not accept these terms, then you should self destruct.

Sincerely,
The Central Containing Committee of the Human Hive
Received this before about 15 minutes. Just as expected. I propose replying with something like this

Quote:
PUT council has decided that it shall not ruled by Hive in conditions that force PUT to be a vasal state and source of slave labour for their Hiverian tyrants. Also they cannot agree to be in a state where their requests might be obliged in a "generous gesture". We have begun evacuation of population to CyCon teritories and our base shall be disassembled next turn, even as it means end to PUT. CPU had enough kindness to allow PEACE to go it`s own separate way and survive to the end indenpendently. However it is not surprising for us that Hive leadership does not have such kindness or even honour.

Last edited by Illuminatus; April 12, 2004 at 11:49.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:44   #382
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Perhaps also add something like "CPU had the kindness of heart to give PEACE a second chance and let them survive to the end independently. Apparently the Hive leadership does not have such kindness." Anything to defame our rivals.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:51   #383
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Edited.
Old April 12, 2004, 12:03   #384
Jamski
Deity

Sounds good. Give the Hiverian bastards no satisfaction.

-Jam
Old April 12, 2004, 12:30   #385
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I will wait for an hour more, then send if it is OK.
Old April 12, 2004, 13:05   #386
GeoModder
Deity

Just correct "indenpendently" to "independently", for the rest:

Perhaps making this a public statement as well in the main forum?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 12, 2004, 13:19   #387
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Just correct "indenpendently" to "independently", for the rest:

Perhaps making this a public statement as well in the main forum?
Good idea. It will soon be published (just as I finish one thing) on general forum for all to read.
Old June 14, 2004, 04:58   #388
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:44
Quote:
Who told the Hive we were going to war in MY 2150?? Please be more careful about what you say in the future! Though certain Hive members are in favour of a close cooperation with the Consciousness, others are not. As is clear by for example the coup there are serious differences of opinion within the Hive, so we do not know where the loyalties of all Hive members lie. Therefore the Hive should still be treated as a foreign faction, and we shouldn't tell our deepest secrets to them just like that.
I'm still uncertain what was going on in the Hive at the time, it's gone hazy in my head. I guess I didn't like thinking of that time period.

Just my thoughts....

I do remember Jamski's actions sometimes made polls about the Cycon go awry. However, each time we redid the poll the results got even worse for the cycon. What I think what the Hive really needed to do was close the pact so that the relationship could develop more. However, I wouldn't let them close the pact unless they commited to a long term stance since private opinion polls revealed a tendency to backstab.

Hrmm so maybe I was holding the relationship from developing, but forcing people to make such a serious choice early on.

Anyway when the cycon got the pact finally it wasn't a decision approved by the rest of the Hive. It was just put it in because I felt the arguements would continue forever with nothing happening.
Old June 14, 2004, 05:21   #389
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Impaler:
I don't think I posted anything about you in the hive public forum, fairly sure I didn't. I did post in the Hive-Drone Embassy though.

It's here it is when you finally get access.
http://www.civgaming.net/forums/showthread.php?t=4238

Everything is unedited, you know what my current viewpoint is anyway.

Quote:
Anyway, weird how he got all those base coordinates AND their names. This, together by his questional ability to effect B-drones, strengthens my intention never to play a PBEM game with Kody in it.
Click on unit and drag into the dark. I didn't figure out the bug until after Impaler talked about his trick.

Affecting B-drones isn't very useful against other players. The main strength is it helps you manage your own bases better. You'll basically know when you get b-drones and where. I had to figure it out because the simulator didn't match with the game.

Affecting B-drones is hopeless as an offensive tactic.
Old June 14, 2004, 06:10   #390
Kody
Emperor

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Btw, something else: I just noticed Kody back on the Hive member list. And he has posted in the private forum, so I noticed on the general forum list.

And is that good or bad news?

I suppose he couldn't (re)join another faction.
Or perhaps with Enigma gone, he was willing to come back?
I was making my opinion on the Enigma issue.