Old January 19, 2004, 12:17   #181
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
my my

Last edited by Maniac; January 19, 2004 at 18:28.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:18   #182
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:43
Moderated by Drogue

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:17.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:26   #183
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

duh!

Last edited by Maniac; January 19, 2004 at 18:28.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:27   #184
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Moderated by Drogue

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:18.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:32   #185
Drogue
staff

Moderated by Drogue

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:19.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:34   #186
Maniac

yadde

Last edited by Maniac; January 19, 2004 at 18:23.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:37   #187
Drogue
staff

Moderated by Drogue

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:20.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:38   #188
Maniac

yadde yadde

Last edited by Maniac; January 19, 2004 at 18:22.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:40   #189
Drogue
staff

Moderated by Drogue

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:21.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:41   #190
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Moderated by Drogue
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:22.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:49   #191
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
My opinion is "Hell no!", but I don't want to tell them that yet.
As long as we don't lie, we will be ok. If we wait too long without saying we're discussing, they will trade with PEACE or we'll certainly lose much goodwill. If we lie, we lose so much goodwill IMHO we'll be at war.

Moderated by Drogue

Last edited by Drogue; January 20, 2004 at 05:23.
Old January 19, 2004, 12:53   #192
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
So can we trade it, with no restrictions, in 2155? Maybe 2156?
AFAIK and IMHO we can offer it to them our MY 2155, with as only restriction that they can't trade it to other factions, which is a standard clause in about all interhuman trades. If they ask why we can't trade before 2155, I guess we could tell its due to a beeline that will be interfered if we get a tech from them before MY 2156. IMO though we can't tell them before PEACE posts their MY 2154 that we plan to build the PEG ourselves and thus that they won't get it. Otherwise they will trade with PEACE.
Also, better tell HongHu per PM. That way she can't ask you in a chat whether that deal includes them building the PEG, and we can win a few days.
Old January 19, 2004, 13:00   #193
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

DBTS let them talk it thru.

- Paul Valery
Old January 19, 2004, 13:10   #194
Drogue
staff

Quote:
AFAIK and IMHO we can offer it to them our MY 2155, with as only restriction that they can't trade it to other factions, which is a standard clause in about all interhuman trades. If they ask why we can't trade before 2155, I guess we could tell its due to a beeline that will be interfered if we get a tech from them before MY 2156. IMO though we can't tell them before PEACE posts their MY 2154 that we plan to build the PEG ourselves and thus that they won't get it. Otherwise they will trade with PEACE.
I'd go for all that.

Quote:
Also, better tell HongHu per PM. That way she can't ask you in a chat whether that deal includes them building the PEG, and we can win a few days.
Do you realise how annoyed they're going to be of they think the trade is for the PEG and it isn't. The trade they offered specifically included the PEG. We can't say we agree to it later when we don't. We could say we agree to a trade with no restrictions on the PEG. Or we could say without. We can't agree to what's on the table, since that specifically includes us signing a non-build for the PEG.

Old January 19, 2004, 13:22   #195
Maniac

Then just tell them we can certainly trade AdapEcon with them from MY 2155 onwards, but that we're still discussing whether or not to include the PEG in the package, as some cyborgs don't really like the EcoEng-DocLoy offer? We can then simply tell them later, after MY 2154, that we don't agree to a PEG deal (but we do agree to a simple AdapEcon deal) because we find the compensation insufficient. That way we have never led them to believe they will certainly get the PEG. Anything wrong with that?
Old January 19, 2004, 13:26   #196
Drogue
staff

Sounds great Will write and send later.

Old January 19, 2004, 13:47   #197
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

hmz...grumble....so is the poll needed now...because i like this one too...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 19, 2004, 15:04   #198
Drogue
staff

DBTS: We're going to tell the Hive we're still discussing. The poll is for the final decision.

Last edited by Drogue; January 19, 2004 at 15:31.
Old January 20, 2004, 05:37   #199
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:43
My thoughts (to throw at least a 4th Cyborg's opinion in) are that under no circumstances should we lead the Hive into believing they will get the PEG. By all means tell them we are still deciding on whether to give them AdapEcon before building the PEG (so they have a chance to try so themselves), but no to selling the the PEG with AdapEcon. Either we trade it with them and say 'let the fastest faction win' or we trade it after we have assured ourselves we have it - giving them a tech and agreeing not to build the PEG ourselves for a lousy two techs we will get anyway is not a deal I like.

Perhaps we can come to them honestly - we value the PEG highly and are hoping to build it ourselves, so we are reluctant to trade it to them when they can still build it first without feeling that we are getting adequate compensation for losing it. Perhaps we can enter negotiations for a future tech/SP, where we agree not to build that SP if we get the tech from them. If we go this route we should certainly tell them that we value their friendship a lot, else we wouldn't be telling them all this. We hope to maintain good relations, but hope also that we can reach trades that are mutual, where both factions feel satisfied. Pending the results of the poll we currently have, CyCon may not be satisfied trading AdapEcon if it means the Hive will thus get the PEG themselves.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old January 20, 2004, 06:50   #200
Drogue
staff

I agree with most of your post, bar this:
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
giving them a tech and agreeing not to build the PEG ourselves for a lousy two techs we will get anyway is not a deal I like.
You realise, since we will have to get those two techs either way, it simply puts us two techs ahead. Sure, we will get them soon, but when we spend the resources/diplomacy to get them at a later date, we could do the same for two different and further techs. It simply puts us two techs ahead, since we would have to spend resources later to research/trade for them.

Old January 20, 2004, 16:01   #201
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:43
I agree with the "dont outright lie to the Hive" opinion expressed by many here, yet still feel we must do everything in are power to get the PEG for ourselves if we expect to remain viable in the long term.

I think we should tell the Hive that we consider the PEG our "spoils of war" from PEACE and that we feel it is ours by right to aquire that Project OR trade it away if we chosse. For another faction to swoop in and trade with the Pirates (exploiting the success of the war that WE have spend so much on) inorder to get a tec trade that the Pirates would NEVER have otherwise agreed to then we would obviously see that as a explotation of our war to take something we consider to be ours and a hostile act which would severly damage relations.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 20, 2004, 18:41   #202
Maniac

Has a message been sent to the Hive yet? If not, I could send HongHu a quick note asking her when she would at the earliest want to have AdapEcon?
Old January 20, 2004, 19:41   #203
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

I follow MrWhereItsAt about ensuring PEG is ours. I feel that in the long run we WILL need it to keep our cash flow and research ahead of the other factions.
And an open explanation to the Hive of our wishes here seems best to me too. No need to alienate them.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 21, 2004, 06:11   #204
Drogue
staff

Maniac: Not yet, I haven't spoken to HongHu. I will send a short message now.

Old January 21, 2004, 07:39   #205
Drogue
staff

Have sent this to HongHu:
Quote:
Greetings Ambassador HongHu,

You asked on VoyForum a few days ago for our opinion on Enigma’s Doc Loyalty and Eco Eng for Adapt Econ with the PEG. We have had a long discussion, and no clear consensus has emerged, so I posted a poll on it. I am sorry for the delay in this reply, the CyCon forum has been very busy with war discussion that most people have not voiced an opinion on diplomacy recently. We also have a couple of new members (GeoModder (Maniac’s brother) and obstructor). I will try to give you a reply soon, but I’m a little busy at the moment in RL too

I love the grapefruit stories on OTF too

- Prime Fucntion Drogue Beta-8

Old January 21, 2004, 15:59   #206
Maniac

Should we also say we can give it from MY 2155 on?
Old January 21, 2004, 16:49   #207
Drogue
staff

Nah, they'll think something's up, or they'll just trade with PEACE anyway. I'll try and find a way. In the meantime, we have some time.

Old January 24, 2004, 12:11   #208
Maniac

Though their silence might indicate they have given up on trading with us. Can I send Enigma_Nova a message asking if the Hive is still interested in AdapEcon, as I haven't heard of them for a while?

Btw, should we not also tell them about our pact with the PUT, and give some reasons for it etc? It would be better if we told them about it, instead of they having to ask us.
Old January 24, 2004, 17:57   #209
Drogue
staff

On the first, sure. The second is explained by 3D

Old January 25, 2004, 18:45   #210
Maniac

Good news. Enigma_Nova has proposed a deal in the VoyForum: AdapEcon for EcoEng, and we get to keep the PEG.

I would be in favour of such a deal. How about you?