Old February 4, 2004, 13:44   #271
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 10:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Hi Jamski,

Quote:

***COMPLETELY OFF THE RECORD***
If you attack the Drones we will definitely help you. Then we can get our revenge. Don't even ask

How much support is there for revenge within the Hive?

Quote:
That wasn't an official message of any sort. Just a comment.

Yeah, but there are quite a few of such negative Hivean comments.

***OFF THE RECORD***

Jamski, do you think it would be possible to get an official answer on my message within the next 24 hours? The longer the Hive waits, the more cyborgs become convinced of a Hive-Drone permapact. Could I please ask to what degree the Hive and PEACE are currently cooperating and trading? How did you get Doc:Ini? And how did PEACE get NonlMath? I can assure you it's crucial for the Hive-CC relationship we know the honest truth about this soon.

Greetings,

Maniac
Here's his PM, replying to my PM. Nice misinformation, I think

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 4, 2004, 13:46   #272
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I shall reply something about the Hive being undecided between staying neutral, or attacking the Drones, if the CyUni promise to help. Lets lock them into a trap, eh?

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 13:48   #273
Jamski
Deity

Actually, it would be good if HongHu and Voltaire could also send pro-CyUni and Anti-Drone PMs to Maniac and Drogue.

We can REALLY fool them on a scale not seen since the "lost colony pod" incident

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 14:11   #274
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:45
How about an official message like this:

Quote:
Dear Functions of the CyCons,

Your messages have been warmly welcomed in the Hive. The Hive has always considered the CCs to be their best friends in this planet. Although the PUT has been long regarded as our potential enemy, the CC-PUT alliance has opened an entirely new door to the future structure of the world. The implications of this event and your proposals regarding the Hive pacting with uni and further cooperations between us have been heatedly discussed inside the Hive.

Although we cannot give you any promise at this time before we are able to take a look at the situations when the turn comes to our hands, we would like to assure you that the Hive has maintained its prior promise to you, that it is staying neutral in the CC-PEACE war. It should be easy for the functions to see that the Hive has not given NonlMath to the PEACE because the Hive does not possess that technology itself.

Chairman Voltaire
Ambassador Jamski
Comrade HongHu
I'm hoping the official message to be sound that they cannot accuse us of lying when we break war against them. Then when the turn comes we can send another message saying that we are currently vulnerable to any potential attacks from the CPU attacks so we decide to change pact to treaty until we can be assured about the CCs attentions.

All of what I wrote are absolutely the truth.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; February 4, 2004 at 14:20.
Old February 4, 2004, 15:49   #275
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

PM from Maniac:
Quote:
Fw: RE: PUT-CC Unification
Hi Voltaire and HongHu,

I'm going to forward you three PMs of Jamski to me.
I have two questions.
a) Are you aware of these PMs?
b) Does Jamski speak the truth?
Could you please give me some sort of answer to this and my official message of two days ago before I sent the turn to PEACE?

Thanks,

Maniac

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 15:55   #276
Snowflake
Princess

Two of the earlier messages Jamski had already posted here. The new one he didn't have time to post yet I suppose. So I'm copying it here also.

Quote:
Jamski wrote on 04-02-2004 12:36:
Let me just say that we were discussing the possibility of a perma-pact with the CyCon.

However, now the debate is getting a bit crazy. Some people are pro-CyUni, but others say we should pact with the Drones and Peace and come and whip your arse. Major hive split.... BUT the chairman is in favour of doing nothing and just staying neutral.

Doc:Int was a trade with the Drones, who got it by giving NonLinMath to the PEACE, I think. I'm not sure.

Its possible the Drones and PEACE are permapacted. I don't know.

Keep safe.

-Jam

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 16:20   #277
Snowflake
Princess

My comment is that you have given them too much dear Jamski. We do not need to lie to them about Doc: Init, we could simply not say anything about it and let them guess. There are more ways for us to obtain that tech, for example, we could have probed PEACE for it. We have infiltrated them long before.

Looks to me your PM was sent after my posting the draft official message. I kind of wish you had checked the forum again before you sent that PM, that could saved us from more lying couldn't it? Plus you told them some of us want to attack CCs. I would have stopped just saying that it is heatedly discussed without revealing what is discussed.

Even in the message that we will send to them when we downgrade the pact to treaty I would refrain from talking about attacks to the CCs. I would only say that we feel we do not have surficient defense ability to stay in the pact.

Anyway, I have formulated a reply to Maniac and try to diffuse things a little.

Quote:
Dear Function Maniac,

Thanks for your messages. First I want to assure you that your official message has been received by the Hive timely. Since I am not the CC ambassador any more, I have tried to refrain from communicating with the CCs. However, comrade Jamski has been constantly informing us the communications between you. I am not aware of the last PM he sent but that may just be because he didn't have time to do it yet.

As for whether what he said is the truth, I would like to comment that some of his statements may be his own beliefs and conjectures. For example, the Hive does not have the knowlege of tech trade and relationship between Drones and PEACE. (I personally do not think that peace and Drones are perm pacted.) What I can assure you is that your proposal has received great attentions from the Hivers and we are experiencing great participations again from the team members. An official response to you was already formulated but it will have to wait until it at least gets the clearance from the Chairman. At the current stage I do not believe we will be able to give you a definitely yes or no before we see the next turn because people wants to assess the situation carefully.

Comrade HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 17:57   #278
Snowflake
Princess

PM from Maniac:
Quote:
Hi HongHu,

Thanks for your swift response. I hope to hear the official Hive response soon. Btw, you say that for example Jamski assuming a PEACE-Drone permapact is his personal belief, but is it true what Jamski says about Doc:Ini? Did you trade that with the Drones, and are you not cooperating with PEACE?

Greetings,

Maniac
Jamksi you've put me in an awkward position. Should I back your lies?
The problem is this lie doesn't do us good, for it will give them the impression that we are closely working with the Drones.

We better send the official response out soon.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 18:01   #279
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:45
Thanks Comrade HongHu, I'm verified now.

Are we informing the Drone's of what we are doing here? I mean, it's all good if we tell the CPU that we will support them if they attack the Drone's, but do the Drone's know that we are telling lies? That is my main concern.

I think Comrade Jamski has saved our a**es by saying that he thinks, but isn't sure....that could be interpreted as being a personal belief. It sounds like Maniac is confused to Comrade Jamski's role, which I think helps us out in the long run.

Just try not to give up information that could put thoughts into their cyborgian minds.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 4, 2004, 18:05   #280
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Sigh. You got me. (Why do you have to be this sharp everytime?) I was trying not to accuse Jamski of lying. No we didn't trade that off Drones. But we didnt' trade that with the PEACE either. There are many ways we can obtain a tech. In fact there is a possibility that we didn't even want the tech. (But you may already know that. Plus I have probably already told you too much again. ) Jamski has not opened the game for many turns now. Some times I fear that he doesn't know what he is talking.

Hong

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 18:08   #281
Snowflake
Princess

We have declined to trade Doc Init with the CCs many times in the past. That was what I was refering.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 18:11   #282
Snowflake
Princess

Jamski are you planning to send that official message out?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 18:43   #283
Snowflake
Princess

More PMs from Maniac:

Quote:

Hi HongHu,

Hmm, I'll have to think about other ways to acquire Doc:Ini. I guess you could have obtained it from the Angels as well.

Quote:
Jamski has not opened the game for many turns now. Some times I fear that he doesn't know what he is talking.
Err, an informal question, is it wise to have Jamski as ambassador then?
Btw, if you aren't trading with PEACE, why is the Hive no longer interested in AdapEcon? We could trade that in exchange for techs you have such as DAP and MMI which we'll get soon anyway.

Greetings,

Maniac

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 18:56   #284
Snowflake
Princess

Me:

Quote:
The main reason is that I have been unsuccessfully trying to fade away from ACDG since I am very time pressed. You may have noticed that I had to cancel one of my favorite Pbem (gufnork rumble) also. I will have to look at the tech trade again. IIRC we didn't want to trade with you because of the no PEG condition. But things may have changed. I have not had time to look at all the other things such as infiltration and tradings and such other than finishing the turn last turn. There are always so much non game related issues at the Hive. But anyway I'll take a look and let you know.
Chairman, should I send out the official message to the CCs?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 19:04   #285
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:45
Yes, but all means, we need to respond.
Old February 4, 2004, 19:11   #286
Snowflake
Princess

Message sent.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 4, 2004, 19:42   #287
Jamski
Deity

Sorry, I had to go away for a few hours...

Yeah, Maniac sent a new messagem but I see he's copied it over... the official respons looks good... yeah.

Sorry, I'm actually rather drunk.

-Jam
Old February 4, 2004, 20:16   #288
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

At least yer not on the roads, comrade.
Old February 4, 2004, 21:01   #289
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Sorry, I had to go away for a few hours...

Sorry, I'm actually rather drunk.

-Jam
You seem so much mellower.

To Hong Hu, Voltaire and the rest of our diplomats:

I am very, very, impressed with your diplomacy.

I hope it is effective with CyCon.

Mead
Old February 5, 2004, 00:56   #290
Snowflake
Princess

Just realized that it was good that I said we didn't trade Init from Drones. Because the Drones do not have Init. While when I say we didn't trade it with the PEACE it is the truth too, since they gifted it to us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 00:59   #291
Frankychan
King

ok, I'm not even going to try to understand that.
Old February 5, 2004, 01:05   #292
Snowflake
Princess

What have I said? I never knew that I had the ability of making people not to understand. Bet bad grammar it is.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 04:25   #293
Jamski
Deity

I not understanded you are saying, what?

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 11:32   #294
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:45
do the drones know of all this?
if not i thinkk we should let them know in some way, just in case the CC are planning to tell them our missniformation in some way.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 5, 2004, 14:48   #295
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
Just got this:

Answer is on top. Only really interesting part is the reference to discussion re cloudbase.

Re: Oficial message CC-PUT->Drones
Though I am not sure I agree on the strength evaluation, it is acknowledged that the cc / put fusion means we will need to re-evaluate our strategy.

On the Put incident as you have surmised we simply wanted to rip off some techs. The plane attack was made to get rid of probe defense rather than as the first shot of an invasion and FYI no invasion fleet has taken off heading for uni.

I will dicussing this matter with my teammates and let you know where we stand.

regards
buster

Quote:
Maniac wrote on Thursday, 5th February 2004 00:34:47:
Hello Foreman buster,

As you have probably heard, the Cybernetic Consciousness and Planet University of Technology have unified. This of course has implications for your war against PUT. Before PUT was a juicy target, and you were wise to attack it. But now this is no longer the case: we are prepared to defend the University with the full might of our military. Unlike PUT we have less pacifist builder instincts: instead we have shown ourselves to be formidable and capable tacticians in war.

However we are willing to forgive your previous actions against PUT and the Consciousness if you stop them right now. We think doing so would be in your advantage, and continuing your current line of action would lead to a fruitless conflict for you. We can offer several reasons for that statement:

1> You have already stolen all technology there is to obtain from PUT.

2> If you would conquer a PUT base, you would be probed raped to death, as the tiny PUT continent is swarming with librarians. With our vast empire, losing one or even a couple of bases is worth it if we get infiltration and a few of your techs in exchange.

3> But the most important reason of all: A full-scale war between us would require many resources that could be spent elsewhere, and in the meanwhile the Hive would sit aside, seeing us fight while they grow even stronger and stronger. You may feel you have a firm pact with the Hive and think they'll be on your side, but remember that they made us the same promises they probably made you: permapact, co-operative victory etcetera... The Hive has shrewd diplomats, well able to set up other factions against each other while they remain out of shot because of their promises.
Granted, in the recent past you have been able to cooperate much more with the Hive than us. But your heavy discussion with the Hive on who got to build the Cloudbase Academy for example shows that they may not have the same level of cooperation in mind as you might wish. And your cooperation was while you were a more powerful faction and thus a better trading partner than us. Now we have most likely become equally if not more powerful than you, so it wouldn't be surprising if the Hiveans switched allegiances to the faction that can give them the biggest benefits. So if I were you , I would very carefully watch your back, instead of storming ahead to try and attack PUT.

For these reasons we would like to offer you a truce. Hopefully we can again live peacefully side by side, and even form again a level of trust and come to cooperation, so that the Hive doesn't gain all the fruits of playing us out against each other.

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Prime Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
Member of the Motherboard of the CPU (Central Processing Unit: multifactional government of the Consciousness-Planetary University)

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 14:51   #296
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
In case there is any doubt we simply continue as planned. Their dinky infantry probes won't save them.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 5, 2004, 18:01   #297
Jamski
Deity

We trust the Drones. They look up to us

-Jam
Old February 5, 2004, 21:35   #298
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 11:45
lol

Well, I hope we can soon assist the drones, since even they will have problems fighting the CyUni...
Old February 6, 2004, 18:04   #299
Frankychan
King

I like how the CPU is trying to split the "industrial powerhouse" that is the Hive/Drone alliance. I take it the Drones are going to be leading the assault against the CPU since they are already at war with the now-defunct PUT?

If so, we can back them up while we wait for the PEACE to get to our home waters.
Old February 6, 2004, 18:21   #300
Snowflake
Princess

Actually we are trying to provide about half of the invasion force. In the same time we will try to protect ourselves and the PEACE. I feel so proud of ourselves. That is to say, if we can accomplish all these.

Grapefruit Garden