Old February 6, 2004, 18:43   #301
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If we can do all these things (aid PEACE, protect homeland, invade CPU territory) then we would definitely be the Hive that I've always wanted to be in.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 6, 2004, 21:48   #302
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 11:45
If we could protect our homeland, invade CyUni, backstab Peace and subjugate Drones, then we´d be the Hive I´ver always wanted to be in

Nah, j/k, we should concentrate on our war preparation now. Let´s see how much we can pump out. Btw, what will we need to equal CyUnis army? I mean, they are at war since several turns...
Old February 6, 2004, 21:53   #303
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

That information will probably have to be answered by PEACE when our plans get set in motion.
Old February 6, 2004, 21:53   #304
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
If we could protect our homeland, invade CyUni, backstab Peace and subjugate Drones, then we´d be the Hive I´ver always wanted to be in

Nah, j/k, we should concentrate on our war preparation now. Let´s see how much we can pump out. Btw, what will we need to equal CyUnis army? I mean, they are at war since several turns...

Airpower, drop units, and drop probes.

With DAP, MMI, (6 attack), and Cloudbase we have mobility, near immunity, and strike capabilities that should allow us to take apart thier impact heavy (4-1-1 amphib) military if we move quickly.

Mead
Old February 6, 2004, 22:00   #305
Frankychan
King

Airpower cleans, drop units take, probes protect.

A simple, yet genius plan if I do say so myself.
Old February 7, 2004, 09:51   #306
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 10:45
It works for me

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 8, 2004, 01:01   #307
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:45
Maniac:
Quote:
RE: Official Hive Message
Glad to hear that.
Hopefully I will hear more after the Hive has had more chance to discuss and have a look at your turn.

Maniac

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 01:59   #308
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Jamski, remember when Maniac asked if we'd accept PEACE members in the Hive forum and I asked why and you said he was just asking? Here's something really entertaining for everybody.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 02:02   #309
Snowflake
Princess

Maniac:
Quote:

PEACE elimination
Greetings Foremen buster and jtsisyoda,

I have a question for the Drones. If former PEACE members asked to join the Drones after their faction is destroyed, would you accept them in your faction?

I hope to hear from you soon!

Mani Alpha-3
External Affairs Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
buster
Quote:
sure - besides which I would like to send you a bunch of data (we now have cycon map & could give you info on all their bases) - if you give me an e-.mail addy I will send it.

Further we are interested in adaptive econ & progen psych. We have DAP too but as Cycon is tearing you apart I cannot give it to you before they have it (guess it will be about three turns).

We can offer you SFF already now though - would a SFF for adaptive econ trade be in your interest?

As soon as Cycon gets DAP we will then do a DAP for progen psych trade.

And just to make sure it is clear you (and other peace members) will be welcome regardless of your position on the trades. I just wanted to bring up the subject now when we were in comm anyway.

regards
buster
Maniac
Quote:
Re: PEACE elimination
Hi buster,

Great to hear we can find sanctuary with the Drones! As it indeed seems likely we won't last much longer it is very much appreciated.
As for the data, you can send it to peter_steenbeke@hotmail.com - it will certainly help us in resisting against the CyCon for a while longer.
And regarding DAP/SFF, I'll have to check with the other Captains before I can give an official promise, but I'm sure it will be accepted.

Greetings,

Maniac
(Notice the subtle change in tune in the 2nd PM. "check with other Captains" )

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; February 8, 2004 at 02:07.
Old February 8, 2004, 02:04   #310
Snowflake
Princess

buster:
Quote:
Now it is of course me who is sleeping not reading the signature & simply assuming I am being contacted by a peace member wanting to know if they can find sanctuary.

This is of course just plain dumb - but what pisses me off is how he then on the second comm removes the signature & pretends to be a peace member.

Anyway - fortunately they sneak better than they play.
buster:
Quote:
I then sent this e-mail and attached this map:

FYI - in case I forgot to mention - we got the cycon map from probing uni which is interesting in its own right.
It should be noted the data are from our turn - Cycon will have had a turn before it gets your turn - so you need to take that into account.

Cyborg data:

researching air power - estimated completion 14 turns (however as widespread cooperation with uni is obvious in reality they will probably get it in three).

Of techs you dont posses they have:

biogen
HEC
Synth Fossil Fuel
Secrets of human brain

Further uni has: (meaning Cycon could trade / request them)

Neural grafting
Env. econ
Eco engineering

Energy reserves:

Net income:
52 / year

Units:

Formers 12 - 2 in production
Scouts 9
Supply crawler 5 (7 in production)
Unity rover 1
battle ogre mk1 1
impact marines (4-1-1 marine special) 4
CCS Loveboat (4-3-6) 1
Probe defence (probe on infantry chassis) 3
Supply Mk9 (supply crawler with 3t armor) 3 (seems they are making a dash for PEG)
Impact cruiser (4-1-6) 3
Amfib impact speeder (4-1-2 marine) 1
CCS Mammoth (cruiser transport 3 armor) 1
plasma garisson (1-3-1) 3
Probe skimship (foil probe) 1
CCS impaler (cruiser transport 1 armor) 1
Boy scout (1-1-1 marine) 2
Trance scout (1-1-1 trance) 0 (3 in production)

As is visible they are PT producing crawlers - formers & trancescouts (garissons for conquered cities)

City production & turns to complete:

Apolyton prime - crawler 4
Triplex - rec common 1
Megabyteville - rec common 11
pi square - crawler 1
logic loop - crawler 1
liars lair - trance scout 2
thermal tassagrad - trance scout 2
boolean bay - crawler 5
aurora - crawler 3
athena anchorage - rec commomns 5
dbtsverse portal - former 3
zetaris - crawler 1
mythical matrix - rec common 28
binary bastion - crawler 9
casablanca - trance scout 2
and/or gate - former 3

Garissons:
Athena anchorage - CCS love boat - 50% damage + Marine scout
triplex - scout + 2 defensive probes
Megabyteville - marine scout
Binar bastion - scout
boolean bay - plasma garisson
Aurora - scout
Logic loop - ogre
Apolyton prime - scout
Mythical matrix - scout
And or gate - scout
Zetaris - scout
Pi square - scout
DBTS - reverse portal - scout

Unaccounted for (Probably coming your way)
1 scout
1 unity rover
4 impact marines
1 probe defender
3 impact cruisers
1 amphibious impact speeder
2 plasma garissons
1 probe skimship
2 cruiser transports - one of them armor class 3
1 marine scout

regards
buster
Quote:
The ******* answered like this:

Wow - thanks for all that information!! :-)
Though it also makes me sad. :-( They have a decent number of ships and
offensive marines in our vicinity so it seems, so even if we get Synthetic
Fossil Fuels from you soon, we probably still won't survive very long. Our
vengeance would have to be realized by another faction, hopefully with us as
members of it. ;-) Therefore I'm wondering, will you in the future attack
the CyCon? And what would the Hive do? They are the allies of both of us,
but also of the Consciousness we know, so we don't know their position
clearly. :-(

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 02:06   #311
Snowflake
Princess

buster:

Quote:
my answer:

I understand if it seems a bit hopeless - the cycon apparently also
considers it pretty much a done thing as their production shows.

We have a pretty firm alliance with Hive and there can only be so many
winners.
Geographically though Cycon are not in our immediate reach so an invasion is
not at this point a realistic option.

As I see it - it is only a matter of time. How long we will see. I would think it may be rather soon but it depends how things develop.

regards
buster
Maniac:
Quote:
Hi buster,

>Geographically though Cycon are not in our immediate reach so an invasion
>is
>not at this point a realistic option.

A pity, but we have patience. :-) Btw, due to our PUT pact infiltration
information I noticed that you have a needlejet hanging over Gold Coast, a
base of PUT, the ally of CyCon. Hasn't the "world war" for revenge already
started then yet?? :-)

Anyway, regarding our possible destruction and moving to another faction,
some captains would prefer to remain as PEACE if possible, due to the
advantage of naval yards, aquatic minerals etc. So we were wondering, if we
could get a unit near your territory, would you be willing to cede a base to
us to act as a safe haven? We would of course be willing to richly replay
you for this, and the CyCon info you provided. :-) And having an ally with
aquatic ability etc could also prove useful for you.

Read you later,
Peter
(Notice "Peter" )

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 02:08   #312
Snowflake
Princess

buster:
Quote:
Decided to give the schmuck a dosis of his own medicine - the "mushroom treatment" (keep them in the dark and feed them ****). Hell now that I have been lured into giving info I may as well use the occation to feed them some BS.

Last part is only so the tech trade (which I am now arranging with a real piurate) can go through without maniac realizing I found out what is going on. Hopefully they will buy it and no go berserk on building uni defenses:

Sorry just realised I never answered you.

At this point we are busy getting built up.
The plane was just to clear out some probe defense so we could steal some techs we needed.

At this point our resources are tied up mainly in keeping the pop boom running - getting tree farms etc. built.and keeoping drone riots in check.
Diplomatic maneuvering is happening and we are course watching for any millitary build up starting within uni and watching out for probeships and such so I guess you could call it war but it is low intensity and we realistically it will probably stay so for a while yet. Once we get fusion units get significantly cheaper and if we can get a wiundow of say 10 turns where we have fusion and they don't we should be able to mass ebnough units and hit them before they have an effective response. I reckon we can be there in about 25 turns or so.

Until then it is only if troop movements or production goes to a threatening level that we will consider changing plans. Time is on our side so with patience we will get there.

I know this is not much comfort to you in the current situation but if you manage to get in reach we will do whatever we can to keep you alive including sending planes or choppers for your defense.

Any news on the tech trade. I have sent you all the techs CC/Put has this turn including DAP which uni is now getting. They are pre-accepted as I thought you would want them fast. I expect you will respond by sending the ones we requested (progen psych, nonlin math, dov initiative & adaptive econ). I believe Hive informed you on this already.. CC is building PEG - pity but that was to be expected they will still be usefull.

Good luck .

regards
buster

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 02:09   #313
Snowflake
Princess

buster:
Quote:
And here a note I sent to Hercules (actual pirate):

Hi -

I just sent you all the techs which we have that you don't and which cyborgs have.

They are IIRC:

High Energy Chemistry
Doctrine Air power
Synthetic fossil fuels
Environmental economics
Biogenetics

possibly one more I forgot

It may be too late to make a difference - I hope not. At least they won't worsen your odds. In return I would like thech you have don't (they are four IIRC)

I know you have an escape plan and hope to resettle - I hope you have luck with it. If you get able to settle somewhere near us - we have the have the power to fend off any attacks that may come.

If you are not able to do so gas equipped planes can make a nasty exit. That is only recommended however if you are beyond rescue.

Now the techs were sent pre-accepted so you could accept and not give us the techs we request. Should you do that however do not expect our suppport. If you for whatever reason (and I cannot imagine one as you are getting more and more advanced techs than we request back) do not wish to do the exchange that is alright but you should then not accept the techs.

Besides that I have data on all cyborg bases etc I want to forward to you. You may have them already but I believe I may have been tricked by a cyborg impersonating a Peace official to send them to the wrong person.

Let me know if you did not get them and where to then send them.

regards
buster

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 02:09   #314
Snowflake
Princess

jtsisyoda:
Quote:
This explains the cancelled PM I got from Maniac a while back. He cancelled it so I wouldn't post it in the Drone forum (as he knows I always do). If I had posted it (or if *cough* someone else had posted it ), then one of us would've noticed this was not a pirate. But anyway... well played on the 25 year fusion story. Even if he doesn't buy it, hopefully he'll start to wonder when exactly you had it figured out, stopped feeding info and started feeding BS.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 10:23   #315
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
buster:

I have sent you all the techs CC/Put has this turn including DAP which uni is now getting. They are pre-accepted as I thought you would want them fast
AOE having DAP is going to make our invasion plans a lot tougher. I wish we had three more turns with the DAP advantage.

We have to move, we have to move, we have to move quick.

Mead
Old February 8, 2004, 18:03   #316
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Oh dear... (Although it would be funny if he didn´t feed that much info to them...)
Old February 8, 2004, 18:15   #317
Snowflake
Princess

Kody:

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
*grrr*

Anyway since I believe the cycon have been purposefully been trying to pump me for information only 2-3 days ago I reckon it's okay to post this.

I suppose I should have warned people, but there's a fine line between giving warning and defaming people. However, recently I feel they're going beyond what is acceptable with their actions.

Anyway from my experience, the cycon will exaggerate, and try and limit your decisions by pointing out only some of your options or strongly stressing certain facts while strongly downplaying others. They will often stoop to a outright lie if they think you won't catch them.

With the hive I believe they have attempted to recruit spys from the hive ranks. Also I recently realised they were successfully getting information from me by constantly accusing me of various issues. I only stopped communication with them 3 days ago when I finally wised up and sent an email saying that I will stop reading anything they send to me.

Maniac has extracted information on Enigma, and also extracted that about Honghu theorising on the university issue. Plus indirectly Maniac probably has gotten enough information from me to realise that the hive's management quite isn't in shambles anymore. He got all this information by accusing me of cheating on various issues, and I gave him information to try clear my name each time. After 4 times the accusations were getting rather desperate and I decided they must have been ploys. (I noticed he used some of the information he obtained from me in his diplomatic messages to the Hive)

It would probably be wise to warn your team members to be careful with private communication with cycon members. With the hive they were sending private messages to several people at the same time. From what I can gather messages were usually

"Don't tell anyone because this is top secret information, I'm only telling you because I think you're trustworthy..... hey so since you've gotten this top secret information about us how about if you give a little bit of information about your faction, it's only fair".

I believe most of the unsavoury actions are initated by only one or two cycon members at a time without the awareness of the rest of the faction (unless they get useful information). However, I believe the general feeling in the cycon is that all these kinds of private actions are part of diplomancy. I also believe extracting information from other factions using private messages is an encouraged tactic in the cycon, but I doubt they publish or publically state that in their forums.

Anyway best way to defend yourself against these kinds of cycon attacks is to publish all communication in your own private forums. Hopefully someone points out discrepencies. Also insist that Drone members post any communication related to the ACDG at all to your private forum too. Deception is very difficult when they can't deal with singular team members and they will have to make sure they keep the same story with all the PMs they send.
They ran circles around the Hive for a quite while, although I know many people won't admit to it.

PS:
Since I'm avoiding posting anything even just socialising post to private forums now, (Cycon have noticed every post I've made and sent an accusation everytime) I'll take this oppourtunity to say good luck guys.

They think that by keeping me away from the Hive the war will be won. I know this by how much they effort they put into keeping me away. Prove them wrong.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 18:17   #318
Snowflake
Princess

I recommend all Hivers avoid chatting with any memeber of the CC/PUT through MSN or anything else in this few turns.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 8, 2004, 18:52   #319
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I recommend all Hivers avoid chatting with any memeber of the CC/PUT through MSN or anything else in this few turns.
Is it not the duty of every Hive member to report contacts from other factions? (no matter how apparently benign
or embarrasing)

So far, I have not been contacted. I guess they either don't realize I exist, or perhaps, more accurately know that I have no valuable information for them.
Could everyone post the PMs, MSNs, and other communications they have had with members from other factions.

Come to think of it I'll start a new reporting thread FORIEGN FACTION CONTACTS REPORTING THREAD. By having all the contacts posted in one place we may be able to see what was released to them, as well as what they are looking for.

This information will help up assess the damage, as well as let us better plan a disinformation campaign.

Mead
Old February 8, 2004, 20:54   #320
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Ok, I shall tell them the embassy is suspended if they contact me. Or should I just stall them with contradictory rubbish and spam as usual? Then they won't know anything is different.

-Jam
Old February 9, 2004, 00:46   #321
Snowflake
Princess

I'd say keep with the regular "rubbish and spam". If we all behave differently suddenly it won't take a very smart man to figure out what is going to happen ( though we would have the "defense" excuse too). What I do is that I just don't get on MSN that often any more so we never did have a chance to be caught up in a chat. And if they contact me by PMs then I report them here.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 9, 2004, 05:29   #322
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
I'd say keep with the regular "rubbish and spam"
I will

-Jam
Old February 9, 2004, 15:59   #323
Snowflake
Princess

Draft. I will try to send it out before I leave work. That means 3 hours from now. I would appreciate any suggestions and changes.

Quote:
Dear Functions:

It is a hard chore for me to do here today to bring you the news that the Hive is lowering the pact between us to a nonaggressive treaty. The Hive has obtained information that the CC-PEACE war has been gradually approaching the Hive land. This plus the size of your military force, the fact that your have formed a permanent ally with the Hive's potential enemy PUT and become the most powerful force in the planet, and that you will get DAP the next turn, has inspired great uneasiness inside the Human Hive.

The public opinion is very much diversified inside the Hive. Some people believe that as a consequence of the Hive being a peaceful builder we are vulnerable to any aggressiveness. Others believe that the Hive will benefit greatly from an alliance with the most powerful faction in the planet. Yet others still holds the belief that the Hive and CCs are made for each other. Discussions are wild and situations are in chaos, which resulted in premature orders being sent out.

As the turn player I would like to repeat the Hive's promise to the CCs that we do not intend to become your enemy as long as you do not turn hostile against us. I'm sure we would be able to renew our pact soon when the people in the Hive is convinced that you do not have any intention of aggressiveness against us.

Comrade HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 9, 2004, 18:36   #324
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 03:45
Nice job, HongHu. I think it's a fine communique.
and then refusing to decide
Old February 9, 2004, 18:51   #325
Snowflake
Princess

I'm going to send the PM out to Maniac now.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 10, 2004, 00:42   #326
Frankychan
King

Holy crap! That sounds awesome!

Damn, devious Cyborgs trying to outwit the master deceivers! Glory to the Hive!

P.S.

Oh, like it needs to be said....but I haven't been contacted nor would I be disloyal to the Hive. I will, however, try and see what I can find (CPU-wise) from other faction members posts.
Old February 10, 2004, 14:58   #327
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:45
good communicate
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 11, 2004, 08:58   #328
Micha
King

Nice
Old February 17, 2004, 15:25   #329
Snowflake
Princess

CC's built PEG btw.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 17, 2004, 18:07   #330
Micha
King

So the turkey´s getting fatter and fatter... Time for lunch, I´d say