Old April 10, 2004, 16:28   #451
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Unfortunately, because the Hive said it would consult internally on this matter before the PUT turn was played and did not say to destroy them, I can do nothing.
Old April 10, 2004, 23:17   #452
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:45
What do you mean by consult internally? I thought in the chat Voltaire, you and me were I specifically said that if they surrender they could live otherwise they have to self destroy, and Chairman concurred. I was actually a little surprised when they get the turn they were not notified as such. (See status of the game thread.)

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 10, 2004, 23:18   #453
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Why should we be penalized because go extra to be nice and give them a chance to surrender? This really teaches me being nice does not pay off.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 10, 2004, 23:29   #454
Snowflake
Princess

GeoModder in turn track thread:
Quote:
I think the PM is misinterpreted, PUT asks for more leniency from the Hive/Drone alliance, and awaits a response on this question.
If we are going to send them another response, I think we need to make these points clear:

1. They are surrendering to the Hive/Drone alliance, and should swear a pact to serve them.
2. They should break pact with the CCs. (In my opinion they can be allowed to have a peace treaty with the CCs.)
3. They should not keep any units with attacking ability. And the Hive will provide military units for their protection.
4. If they do not accept these terms, they should self destruct.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 11, 2004, 02:32   #455
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:45
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
GeoModder in turn track thread:

If we are going to send them another response, I think we need to make these points clear:

1. They are surrendering to the Hive/Drone alliance, and should swear a pact to serve them.
2. They should break pact with the CCs. (In my opinion they can be allowed to have a peace treaty with the CCs.)
3. They should not keep any units with attacking ability. And the Hive will provide military units for their protection.
4. If they do not accept these terms, they should self destruct.
I agree. I thought it was clear enough that our terms before were unconditional, but we might as well just plainly say it: surrender or die.
Old April 11, 2004, 23:30   #456
Snowflake
Princess

Did you send them any response, Chairman? Or Arnelos? I think we should try to get this over with.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 01:45   #457
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
I thought Voltaire said he'd handle this on his own.
Old April 12, 2004, 07:05   #458
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:45
University is being run by the cycon and you didn't expect them to stall for time while claiming they want clarification or more time for negotiation?

This whole surrender thing seems ill advised considered there's no real university to give leniency to. It's just the players loyal to the cycon negotiating. The way I figure things is the cycon will see this as an opportunity to gain a little advantage.
Old April 12, 2004, 10:08   #459
Snowflake
Princess

Well the turn is on our hand now. We can ask for the PUT password before we release the turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 10:26   #460
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
University is being run by the cycon and you didn't expect them to stall for time while claiming they want clarification or more time for negotiation?

This whole surrender thing seems ill advised considered there's no real university to give leniency to. It's just the players loyal to the cycon negotiating. The way I figure things is the cycon will see this as an opportunity to gain a little advantage.
It's ok. I don't think they can gain too much advantage from this as long as we set our feet firm. Having fired at the CPU for their treatment of the PEACE for so long, we at least should show a little leniency to them just to show that we the Hive is not as cruel as they are. I actually hoped that they could use this to negotiate a peace treaty between Hive and CCs but appearantly they were not that optimistic.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 10:48   #461
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I thought Voltaire said he'd handle this on his own.
Not explicitly, but sure, I can do it. So long as we get it done before this turn is up, we’re fine. In fact I’ll do it now.
Old April 12, 2004, 10:54   #462
Voltaire
King

Quote:
The government of the Planetary University of Technology obviously misconstrued the generous gesture by the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive. The terms of our offer are non-negotiable, either surrender and accept them (to surrender is to accept our terms) or be destroyed. If you surrender you will retain some autonomy and may even be listened to [which by no means provides a guarantee that your requests will be obliged], but if the government chooses not to act in its own best interest, the Human Hive sees no option other than to dissolve the illegitimate government and integrate the remaining independent University territory into the greater overall structure of the of the Human Hive. In short: surrender unconditionally or be destroyed.

Sincerely,
The Central Containing Committee of the Human Hive
Tell me how that sounds HongHu, since you’re online. I’ll send it as soon as I hear word back from you (just to make sure that it’s obvious enough for them to understand).
Old April 12, 2004, 11:02   #463
Snowflake
Princess

Reads very good to me. Only comment is we may as well spell those four points out for them after this paragraph. I haven't seen your previous PM so I'm not sure how our terms are specified. By spelling out the terms they would not be able to claim anything is unclear.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 11:05   #464
Snowflake
Princess

Or instead of listing those point, simply ask them to hand over the password for PUT and we'll take the PUT turn from here and now.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 11:06   #465
Voltaire
King

Quote:
The government of the Planetary University of Technology obviously misconstrued the generous gesture by the Central Continuing Committee of the Human Hive. The terms of our offer are non-negotiable, either surrender and accept them (to surrender is to accept our terms) or be destroyed. If you surrender you will retain some autonomy and may even be listened to [which by no means provides a guarantee that your requests will be obliged], but if the government chooses not to act in its own best interest, the Human Hive sees no option other than to dissolve the illegitimate government and integrate the remaining independent University territory into the greater overall structure of the of the Human Hive. In short: surrender unconditionally or be destroyed.

Just to reiterate the four points, to avoid any further confusion:

1. Surrender to the Hive/Drone alliance, and swear a pact to serve us.
2. Break pact with the CCs. (You may be allowed to keep a peace treaty, but that will be decided later.)
3. Do not keep any units with attacking ability. The Hive will provide military units for your protection.
4. If you do not accept these terms, then you should self destruct.

Sincerely,
The Central Containing Committee of the Human Hive
Old April 12, 2004, 11:06   #466
Voltaire
King

That’s the new draft.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:11   #467
Voltaire
King

Sent.
Old April 12, 2004, 11:14   #468
Snowflake
Princess

Sounds good. Now we still need to sort out how we separate PUT from the CCs. I guess we still need to ask for the PUT password or something.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 12, 2004, 13:59   #469
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:45
Sounds good here as well.
Old April 15, 2004, 00:48   #470
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:45
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old June 22, 2004, 17:21   #471
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 12:45
Mmm, yes. The whole surrender issue was a bit of a bid for conditional surrender, but I suppose the turn order was bad for this. CyCon could, if they choose to betray a surrender agreement, put an attack/defense force in that base any time. Nevertheless, if an agreement could been reached (I thought of letting the Uni base be having a mere Treaty status with anyone, or even give control to PEACE), from there on to continue peacetalks between CyCon and Hive/Drones. Not sure though if the Drones would have been interested in this since they did most of the attacks on the core CyCon territory.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 17:39   #472
Snowflake
Princess

And guess why is that?

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 17:47   #473
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 12:45
Drones doin' most attacks on CyCon territory? Well, I just browsed a bit earlier through this thread, seems like enough sentiment was within Hive for CyCon last year to keep on the sideline. Haven't finished yet, so perhaps it's easier just to tell me...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 22, 2004, 17:54   #474
Snowflake
Princess

You guessed right. for those people who keep saying we were fooling the CCs and treated CCs like they treated PEACE, and planed to betray them from the beginning etc.

Grapefruit Garden