Old October 17, 2003, 17:34   #31
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Local Time: 10:46
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Jeez, Pekka, lighten up. And Lare thinks I need to cheer up.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:34   #32
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 12:46
Pekka youre purist? Whats your genre? Marusha rings any bells? Shes playin at E10Y...I so wanted to go to Love Parade 94 but I was just 12 years old the so I could not. :/
Anyway I know wat you mean. Too much sh1t going on these days in parties, drugs and all. I dont really need anything else that the music. It just gets me so high, if you install some surveillance cameras to my work you could see me dancing alone to the beat of some nice Ibitha house anthem.

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 17:37   #33
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 13:46
Snotty, Sure, but not for public . I'm not very skilled, I can beatmix and do just little basic tricks, but that's it. I just spin for fun sometimes, with my buddies. It's great times to put up a jam session, good food, lots of drinks and do 20 hour marathons

But you know I've lost all the excitment of dancing in crowded place, trying to achieve some kind of collective feel good thing. I just like the music, period, not the parties. I go, if the selection is very excellent for my taste, and that is rare, but it still happens in here, we do get some good names every now and then.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:38   #34
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Pekka youre purist? Whats your genre? Marusha rings any bells? Shes playin at E10Y...
I so wanted to go to Love Parade 94 but I was just 12 years old the so I could not. :/

Anyway I know what you mean. Too much sh1t going on these days in parties, drugs and all that posing. I dont really need anything else than the music. It just gets me so high, if you'd install some surveillance cameras to my work you could see me dancing alone in the middle of the day to the beat of some nice Ibitha house anthem.

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; October 17, 2003 at 17:46.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:40   #35
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:46
I hear you about spinning for fun. I swear some of the best sets I have heard have been at low key house parties at friends houses.

I always used to think DJing must be the easiest thing in the world, until I tried it. Man, the ear you've got to have for it....
Old October 17, 2003, 17:43   #36
Timexwatch
King

Local Time: 06:46
1) My Parents are here. They've decided that it's a good idea to visit in the middle of midterms.

2) I have a major paper due on Monday that I haven't started yet.

3) I have 2 midterms on Wednesday. One is for my major, so I can't **** it up, and the other is completing the last of one of my general reqs.

4) There aren't any good films out right now. I enjoy films and cinema, but there's nothing that piques my interest in local DC cinemas right now.

5) I don't know a lot about electronic music. I'm a fan of booty house and dub/funky breaks kind of stuff. Jungle/House/DnB really doesn't do it for me.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:43   #37
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

I think the drugs are a fact of life. As long as people are sensible with it, I never see it as a problem. Now the drunks can be a very different matter.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:46   #38
Pekka
Emperor

Well I don't like to be categorized as purist, that has some negative ring to it. I don't criticize people for not liking my kind of music, it's matter of taste. But I take it seriously, and if someone says it's crap and judges it fast, I tend to think poorly of that person, even though it's just matter of taste. Only good friends can judge something to suck .

Sure, Marusha rings bells. I've seen her live at Love Parade in 99 at club Matrix.. . But I'm not a big fan of hers though... of her music that is. But, I don't judge, she's a legend, and if someone doesn't know her, burn that person alive! I don't also like the drug thing. It's not that huge in here, thank god, but I just kind of lose the good vibes when I see those pirivieteri types of people.

I get natural high when I listen the music I like right here where I sit. Not as intensive as in the best parties, but enjoyable enough to make me stay here and listen, and not go out. Besides, I'm not paying 10 euros to get in to a club that is overcrowded, no seats available to sit on, drinks way too expensive, too much hassle going on, too many people inside, where you have to fight to be able to order drinking, where the music is way too loud, or too quiet, where there is no consistency in playlists and different sets, where DJs play the same old crap they usually play or what's hot this month in scene, or when they get cute and sneak in some crap, and when they don't play the classics that I happen to like. That's very self centered thinking, I know, but I'm not paying for that because I don't have that much fun, or I rarely do.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:50   #39
Pekka
Emperor

Snotty, true. I don't judge people who uses drugs. God forbid I was caught smoking pot when I was a teenager.
But you know, it just makes me feel, that these people don't care about the music enough, so they have to boost their emotions so they can enjoy it better. It's like cheating to me, and it ruins my feelings when I really like what I'm hearing. It's like 'can't you enjoy without being high?'. So I don't like to see it. I don't complain about it though to the people there, I have a choice of not going myself, and that's what I usually do these days. Though I do check out clubs in new cities I'm in, and especially if I'm outside Finland. And drunks.. don't even get me started. We have them all right here, pouring beer on your shirt and stomping your feet. I guess I just like the music, period.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:56   #40
Snotty
King

Quote:
It's like 'can't you enjoy without being high?'.
I am guessing that you drink sometimes?

I like to drink for some things as I find I enjoy them more. A couple of beers with friends, for example.

I can still enjoy the time without beer, but I find I enjoy it more if we have a couple of drinks.

I guess the people with drugs can still enjoy the music, but they enjoy it more with the drugs.
Old October 17, 2003, 17:59   #41
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 19:46
Since I'm married, I no longer have to troll bars looking for women to have sex with, I can get turned down flat right here at home without the bother of dressing up or getting pissed.

Plus, she works nights.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:01   #42
laurentius
King

P: So you really are Anti-Social after all...

Dont let the people get in the way in the clubs, just close your eyes, dance to the beat or enjoy the music. Many clubs have very nice chill-outs like illusions, koneisto had a great one et cetera so you can just lay down on the sofa.

Snotty, yes the drugs are here to stay I guess. Never used any and it doesnt really bother me unless the people are really fuc*ed up. Sometimes it just gets really ridiculous like when I first got into this high-society club called Kerma(Cream) for free just because i looked like a drug dealer. Many people came asking for dust that night....must had something to do with the clothes I wore.

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:08   #43
Pekka
Emperor

I start coming to clubs again more often, when they a) play my kind of music all night long b) lower their entrance fees, or really boost up the quality of the club to justify the price c) let in less people d) have a seat for me to sit and room for me to dance, more than 1x1m if I feel like it.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:13   #44
Snotty
King

Quote:
a) play my kind of music all night long
Quote:
c) let in less people d) have a seat for me to sit and room for me to dance,
These I can see happening

Quote:
b) lower their entrance fees,
A snowballs chance in hell with this one
Old October 17, 2003, 18:14   #45
Snotty
King

Whats dust?
Old October 17, 2003, 18:15   #46
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
Re: Why are you home on a friday evening?
Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
Why arent you partying or spending time with your friends/gf/bf? What are you doing at home? What is your excuse?
Two reasons:

1) I have a lot of studying to do tonight and tomorrow.

2) I have yet to make friends out here at EIU/Charleston.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:16   #47
Snotty
King

Quote:
2) I have yet to make friends out here at EIU/Charleston.
How do you expect to make friends if you arent out partying?
Old October 17, 2003, 18:18   #48
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 05:46
yeah, I know
Old October 17, 2003, 18:19   #49
Pekka
Emperor

Snotty, I'm not sure what dust is, but I figure it's the drug of choice in here, amphetamine.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:19   #50
laurentius
King

Well, P or whatever your name really is, what kind of music would you like to hear? Hi-speed house featuring some rotterdam terror coprse Hard Core, after that a 6-hour set of pre 1996 Trance? In the end Screen all stars playing prodigy, U96, Moby, Mark ' Oh? Ok i'd love that too but only with 7 hour set from Westbam

Anyway I am starting to run out of beer and my head starts to feel like frisbee, in other words maybe I think i'll go to sleep soonish

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:19   #51
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

1/ My friends are scattered wide across the country
2/ I can't get to them
Old October 17, 2003, 18:22   #52
laurentius
King

Dust is cocaine,
white lines seen on the tables etc.
Really nice stuff if you ask me, blood drops everywhere, people behaving like fuc*en animals

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:23   #53
laurentius
King

Ten Years of Entropy

http://entropy.tky.hut.fi/e10v/

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:25   #54
Pekka
Emperor

Well, pre 96 trance sounds pretty good. Nothing hi-speed though. Then lots of detroit in separate night, with lots of classic detroit tracks played from Underground Resistance, KMS...... that's what I want to hear. US house, deeper house classics and nothing new because there is no good new stuff. And you can take my word for it, the only parties with this music is private parties held by friends for friends. Luckily I have buddies with the same taste.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:27   #55
laurentius
King

I dont have any beer left any more

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:28   #56
Pekka
Emperor

that's.. a mistake .
Old October 17, 2003, 18:33   #57
laurentius
King

Oh well I do have some Vodka and left over from case of olvi doppelbock(8.5%) bought a year ago. That and my favourite, Remy Martin Campaigne-Cognac. Drink or not to drink. Get wasted or not?

- Paul Valery
Old October 17, 2003, 18:37   #58
Pekka
Emperor

GET WASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
Old October 17, 2003, 18:43   #59
Az
Emperor

Quote:
Many people came asking for dust that night....must had something to do with the clothes I wore.
please, describe.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:47   #60
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Local Time: 10:46
Shiny pants and expensive shoes?