Old October 18, 2003, 21:16   #1
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:50
Local Date: November 2, 2010
AC Police State Game
Greetings and welcome to the AC Police State Game!

The Premise for the game: when the UNS Unity fell into the Alpha Centauri system, Planet was already populated with the remnants of the feuding Aliens, and it was they who witnessed the breakup of the humans' spaceship. Guardian H'minee and Conquerer Maar immediately fell upon the helpless human survivors who reached Planet, attacking all of the human bases they could reach!
From their position on Planet, the Hive Submariners could hear the other Factions' radio transmissions: grim defiance in the Spartan and Pirate Battle transmissions, more frantic tones in the messages broadcast by those Factions less prepared to face the Alien Juggernauts. One by one, the Human Factions succumbed, and now, Planet's airwaves are dead silent.....
Armed only with what your Faction was able to salvage from Unity, as well as a partial map of Planet taken by your Escape Pods cameras in their final descent to Planet, you must prepare for the inevitable onslaught by the Aliens, as these two Titans clash with each other for supremacy of Planet!

The seafaring Factions I've installed in this game are as follows:

Privateers (Believers)
Coastguard (PK's)
Gunrunners (Spartans)
Submariners (Hive)

These factions are at Googlie's website, which was listed in one of the discussion threads for the formation of this game. You should download them and place them in your "Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri" folder.

For the attached game files, you should create a subdirectory off of your "Scenario" folder, and then download all 3 of them into this. This will then allow the Secret Police to monitor your every online move, er, I mean allow the game to read correctly in the Datalinks.

Because I have made many changes to this game, you should have several senior Drones review the Datalinks and report their findings to the Collective. Discussion then should commence as far as how The Hive should proceed.

One error in the Datalinks is that I tried to activate the 19th Special Abilities Flag (i.e. the "Heavy Transport" capability, which allows +50% more to a Transport's capacity). For some reason I haven't been able to get this to work to date. FYI so you don't try and beeline for this Ability.

All of the discussed options for this game have been included, and I will make you aware that not only is the artillery more lethal, why it is lethal ! FYI.

So, with those words, I will depart and say Cheers, and Enjoy!

D
Attached Files:
File Type: zip ac police game, 2106.zip (123.0 KB, 8 views)
Old October 18, 2003, 21:24   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:50
Many thanks Darsnan, I trust we will

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 18, 2003, 21:47   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:50
Thanks Lord Darsnan.
Old October 18, 2003, 22:15   #4
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:50
Where is Googlie's webpage, exactly?
Old October 18, 2003, 23:17   #5
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Where is Googlie's webpage, exactly?

It is here .

Lord Darsnan
Old October 18, 2003, 23:39   #6
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Possible issue with download
Heah All,

just got word back from Rubin that when he tried to acess the Datalinks in this game, he got the default version (i.e. your version residing in your "Sid Meiers" folder) instead. Rubin suggests instead dowloading the Scenario version of the game, instead, which I have attached here. So, to make a long story short, if you have a screwed up Datalinks and want to fix it, try the following:

1. Delete the ".SAV" file out of the subdirectory I asked you to create earlier.

2. Replace the .SAV file with the attached .SC file.

3. Open the game via the following choices from the SMAX Main Menu:

Scenario
Play Scenario

Load the attached file, choose the Submariners (Hive) and this should solve any issues regarding the Datalinks.

Sory for any inconvenience here - I am still learning the parameters as far as how the game reads peripherals.

Lord D
Attached Files:
File Type: zip hive, 2106d.zip (30.1 KB, 9 views)
Old October 19, 2003, 13:27   #7
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:50
The starting position looks promising!
Old October 19, 2003, 17:06   #8
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Need Alphax.txt file as well
Heah All,

sorry to keep coming back like this, but after talking to Rubin, it appears that the Alphax.txt file needs to be included in the sub-folder containing the Scenario, as well.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience here, but the editing of the Alphax.txt files is proving to have a little more to it than what was originally thought, and Rubin and I are still working out all of the various aspects of what portions of the Alphax.txt are imprinted upon the game when it is formed, and what parts are read by the game as it is played. FYI.

D
Attached Files:
File Type: zip alphax.zip (19.5 KB, 6 views)
Old October 19, 2003, 18:18   #9
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 03:50
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
The starting position looks promising!
can we get a screenie or two?
and then refusing to decide
Old October 19, 2003, 18:43   #10
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vander
can we get a screenie or two?
Here you go! The attached file can be opened via MS Paint.

D
Attached Files:
Old October 19, 2003, 20:22   #11
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 07:50
isthmus of opportunity - i like the sound of that
Old October 19, 2003, 20:33   #12
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Method
isthmus of opportunity - i like the sound of that
Glad you like it!

And I cannot stress enough that for before you can play this game the way I have intended, you will need to download the Scenario version of the game (i.e. the .SC file I attached Saturday night) and use this to replace the .SAV file in the subfolder I had orignally asked you to create, and that you will also need to download and place in the same folder before you start to play the game the Alphax.txt file I attached this afternoon. FYI.

D
Old October 19, 2003, 21:07   #13
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Can you put that in a non confusing way? For example....

INSTEAD OF:

Alright, then in your scenario folder create a directory for FALLOFAMERICA. In that folder, place your scenario and all the modified rules. But create a folder for the save.
NO WAIT! Nevermind, don't create a seperate folder for the save.

WHY NOT TRY:

Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica
Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica\File1.sc
Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica\File2.txt
etc
etc
Old October 19, 2003, 21:49   #14
Darsnan
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Can you put that in a non confusing way? For example....

INSTEAD OF:

Alright, then in your scenario folder create a directory for FALLOFAMERICA. In that folder, place your scenario and all the modified rules. But create a folder for the save.
NO WAIT! Nevermind, don't create a seperate folder for the save.

WHY NOT TRY:

Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica
Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica\File1.sc
Alpha Centauri\Scenarios\FallofAmerica\File2.txt
etc
etc
OK, I can do that.

Step 1: create a subdirectory off of your "Scenarios" folder named "ACPSG", which stands for "AC Police State Game". Your Directory structure should now look like this:
C:\ \ Firaxis Games\Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri\ Scenarios\ ACPSG

Step 2: download and unzip the attached 4 files into the ACPSG subdirectory.

Step 3: Open SMAX and load the Scenario in the ACPSG subdirectory.

Step 4: Verify that the Scenario is working properly by accessing the Datalinks. You should see several unique units, including an "SP 88" and a "Carrier". There should also be a Datalinks note about "Construct Sea Boreholes", and there should be a reference in the "Special Abilities" section for "Heavy Transport". If so, then proceed with playing the game.

Anyways, my apologies for the confusion here concerning the above posts. While I have been editing my Alphax.txt file for several months now, why I have never applied what I've learned to a Scenario previous to this, and so unfortunately I am finding out that the game treats SCENARIO files much differently than SAVE files.

D
Attached Files:
File Type: zip hive, 2106d.zip (142.5 KB, 4 views)
Old October 20, 2003, 12:15   #15
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Removing the files we shouldn't download and editing those posts to point to the correct download might help, but thanks Darsnan for this challenge! I hope it will prove as good as the previous scenarios I've played by you

C
Old October 20, 2003, 14:54   #16
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:50
So are we ready to start?

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 20, 2003, 15:02   #17
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Yes! I sent a message to all executive government members yesterday, but until now unfortunately only Drogue responded, saying he'll kick into action when he has updated his config.

Ah yes, I would like to recommend government members to appoint a deputy for in case they are not active!
Old October 21, 2003, 03:46   #18
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Well, I'm ready to go... shall I post up an orders thread?
Old October 21, 2003, 04:40   #19
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Yes! I sent a message to all executive government members yesterday,
Are not all people equal in the Hive?

(And why didn't I get a PM?! )

And in the case of my unfortunate absense, I would like to appoint you my deputy if I may
Old October 21, 2003, 04:59   #20
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Does Maniac have the authority to play the turn in the absence of the Chairman? If not, he may do so.
Old October 21, 2003, 07:14   #21
Maniac

GeneralTacticus:

Quote:
Well, I'm ready to go... shall I post up an orders thread?
Sounds good. And perhaps also a thread to discuss the turnchat time. Probably the same as last time, but you'll never know...

Quote:
Does Maniac have the authority to play the turn in the absence of the Chairman? If not, he may do so.
Thank you, but IIRC the constitutional proposal (I should update with the coup system, but too little time time time!!) says the General Secretary cannot hold any executive position.

Comrade Tassadar:

Quote:
Are not all people equal in the Hive?
That's what we tell the drones, but we Central Committee members know different of course.

Quote:
(And why didn't I get a PM?! )
Because you aren't part of the executive government members, so unlike eg Lemmy, Corellion or Makahlua you shouldn't start discussion threads and polls in the near future. Sorry.

Quote:
And in the case of my unfortunate absense, I would like to appoint you my deputy if I may
Thanks as well, but I would prefer not to be deputy if I can prevent it. I would rather prefer to have as many different people as possible involved in this game. Besides, I proposed the function of Chairman of the Propaganda Department exactly because I don't consider myself an expert in all sorts of RPG initiatives, so it would be rather silly if I became Deputy Chairman of the Propaganda Department after all.