Old October 27, 2003, 22:53   #31
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 06:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
El

I suggest you set a time limit and then play on.

Maybe 48 hours like in PBEM's, just a thought and a suggestion.
Old October 28, 2003, 01:18   #32
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 10:53
48 hours is too short, but by all means, feel free to use means within reason to get these lazy front commanders to play.
Old October 28, 2003, 01:27   #33
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
48 hours is too short, but by all means, feel free to use means within reason to get these lazy front commanders to play.
48 hours for each Commander? Thats what I meant. Were you thinking 48 hours total.?

We need to have some kind of a limit or else we will get into a RF situation where the Marshall hasn't even posted to the site in 11 days!
Old October 28, 2003, 02:25   #34
PinkyGen
Prince

But commanders don't play in any order, so it can't be 48 hours for each commander.

As a rough idea, I say a week time limit for all fronts sounds reasonable. If the front commander does not post in a week, than someone else like El Awrence or the President plays the turn.

Off to sleep now.
Old October 28, 2003, 02:50   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
But commanders don't play in any order, so it can't be 48 hours for each commander.
Ya that could get kind of sticky if more than one commander didn't play.
Quote:
As a rough idea, I say a week time limit for all fronts sounds reasonable. If the front commander does not post in a week, than someone else like El Awrence or the President plays the turn.
This would be a pretty good system as well.
Old October 28, 2003, 12:51   #36
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:53
Quote:
Usually, 48 hours would be short, but in this case, where the save has been up for a week and I've been yelling at them for almost the same amount of time... I'll say this:

Commanders who don't play their turn within 48 hours, well, I will play their fronts.
Old October 28, 2003, 22:17   #37
Dr. Nick
Deity

The clock ticks irreparably, gentlemen!
Old October 28, 2003, 23:00   #38
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
Quote:
We need to have some kind of a limit or else we will get into a RF situation where the Marshall hasn't even posted to the site in 11 days!
Perhaps it's time for a coup.
Old October 29, 2003, 02:13   #39
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:53
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Here is the file for the Judean Front.
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1947nov3.sav (202.4 KB, 3 views)
Old October 29, 2003, 11:02   #40
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
Here is the file for the Judean Front.
How about a brief description of what happened here or at your Front Thread. You may want to open one if you haven't already.
Old October 29, 2003, 11:15   #41
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
hi ,

just a small observation , how come each save is only downloaded once , ......

btw , eilat , well if you hold it out long enough there , we could take some other cities around , ......

have a nice day

btw , for those in europe or who have arte tv , take a look tonight ( 2045 ) , episode one of a series going about Israeli generals and politics
Old October 29, 2003, 11:57   #42
Dr. Nick
Deity

COS part I (PinkyGen, but further turns to be by El Awrence) - DONE
Northern Front: (yaroslav) - DONE
Home Front: (Azazel) - DONE
South East (POTUS) - DONE
Sinai Front: (FiGu) - not yet
Immigration (Stalin II) - not yet
Defense (EmuGod) - not yet
Econ - (Arthedain) - not yet
COS part II (El Awerence) - not yet

AFTER FIGU PLAYS, PLEASE LET ME REVIEW THE FRONTS

(Before the ministers play, that is)
Old October 29, 2003, 14:09   #43
PinkyGen
Prince

After all generals and ministers are done playing for this turn, is there someone willing to volunteer who knows how to edit out the Arab tech for spying?
Old October 29, 2003, 14:50   #44
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
After all generals and ministers are done playing for this turn, is there someone willing to volunteer who knows how to edit out the Arab tech for spying?
My guess is Yaro is the guy to do it and a majority should agree to him hacking the file. I assume he has to use hex editing.

Since we are all on the same side I dont see this as an issue. But I just wanted to mention it.

Also we have a tie for whether Mossad can bribe or not? Are we going to rerun that poll as Mossad only? If we are hacking the file we might as well do it all at once.

Just a thought.
Old October 29, 2003, 17:52   #45
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:53
I can do it. However, even without spies, the AI is going to bribe (some people says that less)
Old October 29, 2003, 20:38   #46
PinkyGen
Prince

Yeah, but he'll bribe least.

It's the first turn, it's not as though we already don't know some of the deployments of the Arabs if we have played before. If anyone objects do it now.

As for Mossad, it's a tie, so it is up to the government. I'll worry about if we actually get far enough to research the proper tech.
Old October 29, 2003, 20:42   #47
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:53
Quote:
Since we are all on the same side I dont see this as an issue.
I think it's only fair to allow the Arabs to try to bribe.

Part of the challenge in the game.
Old October 30, 2003, 09:10   #48
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
I'd appreciate any way of destroyin enemy arabs (I don't believe that Israel's cities would be bribed). And about the Mossad, it's upon to the govt.

hi ,

its part of the game , history is one thing , now we are in control , .....

and the arabs have always tried to bribe the whole world , ..... in fact they are still trying it today with the oil , .... but thats a whole new thread , .....

let them try , if we are any good , then they shall never get away with it , ...... (!)

as for the mossad , it stands for the institue of intelligence and special tasks , well it has always been part of Israel , we have it in the game and therefore we should use it , ....

have a nice day
Old October 30, 2003, 11:08   #49
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Turn..
Attached Files:
File Type: sav 1947novsinai.sav (202.4 KB, 5 views)

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old October 30, 2003, 11:26   #50
Dr. Nick
Deity

*cheers*

Sinai Front: (FiGu) - DONE

PLEASE let me see the save tonight. I'd like some input from my commanders as to what equipment they might want, et cetera, et cetera over the next 48 hours.
Old October 30, 2003, 20:02   #51
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:53
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I need some soldiers to defend kibbutzim. Also, Jerusalem could produce a much-needed artillery piece.
Old October 31, 2003, 07:27   #52
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 13:53
Ok, I need some Hagana or other defensive units in the valley towns, since all hell will break loose while the Brits are gone, and the south of the lake will be a critical choke point for both Jordanian and Syrian forces.

I would like to restate my question: who's responsible for that town to the east of the lake?! the one that's surrounded by british soldiers?

In the coastal towns, I don't see too much of an attack, so I think the smart move will be to build some offensive units. though we've agreed to not venture too much deep east in that area, the forces will be used to push north and south, widening the area in our control around Haifa and Tel aviv, respectively, for strategical purposes.
Old October 31, 2003, 14:37   #53
Dr. Nick
Deity

Sinai Front: (FiGu) - DONE

COS Intermission - DONE

Ministers next
Old October 31, 2003, 14:41   #54
Dr. Nick
Deity

And, for the DEFENCE and ECONOMIC ministers, I have submitted a memo for them in the Office of the Defence Minister (couldn't find the Ministry of Economy, I'm still new in Tel Aviv and neither could my chauffer find it )
Old October 31, 2003, 14:48   #55
PinkyGen
Prince

El, remember to assign that city Azazel pointed out that's on the eastern shores of the Sea of Galilee. I've noticed it as well.
Old October 31, 2003, 15:22   #56
Dr. Nick
Deity

Yes, Prime Minister.
Old October 31, 2003, 15:45   #57
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
El, remember to assign that city Azazel pointed out that's on the eastern shores of the Sea of Galilee. I've noticed it as well.

hi ,

Ein Gev

difficult to hold that one , .....

btw , be carefull for fighters from damascus , ....

have a nice day
Old October 31, 2003, 15:45   #58
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
And, for the DEFENCE and ECONOMIC ministers, I have submitted a memo for them in the Office of the Defence Minister (couldn't find the Ministry of Economy, I'm still new in Tel Aviv and neither could my chauffer find it )
It looks like I need to Mentor our new Cheif of Staff on negotiating the halls of our new government

Economy Minister
Old October 31, 2003, 15:46   #59
Dr. Nick
Deity

Well, damnit, it was just there! Well, let the Defence Minister forward it now! And put a big sign on the damned Ministry, if the Arabs come knocking on Tel Aviv I need to know where it is to defend it.
Old October 31, 2003, 15:49   #60
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Well, damnit, it was just there! Well, let the Defence Minister forward it now! And put a big sign on the damned Ministry, if the Arabs come knocking on Tel Aviv I need to know where it is to defend it.

Your doing a great job BTW El, keep it up