Old October 21, 2003, 07:17   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 22:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Orders and Discussion thread: 2106-2113
Please post all orders for the first turnchat here, along with any comments regarding the length and timing of the chat. (Personally, I'd prefer just to keep them as they are, but if anyone has some objection, they're free to make it)
Old October 21, 2003, 14:24   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 11:01
I'd go for the same as last time, that is 7 turns, played for 22:00 GMT Saturday (IIRC). But I'm up for most ways.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 21, 2003, 15:48   #3
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:01
i think we can play a few more than 7 turn in an hour...
Old October 21, 2003, 16:03   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

But will we have orders for it? I think 7 turns is a lot to have to prepare for, and going any further may run out of orders.

Old October 21, 2003, 19:18   #5
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 08:01
we managed to do up to 25 turns at a time back in the olden days. Why, you young whipper-snappers...
Old October 21, 2003, 20:02   #6
Drogue
staff

We hardly managed 7 when I was involved, from end of Oxtober (term III IIRC) onwards.

Old October 22, 2003, 03:30   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

I'd say 7 is enough; the early game is very important, and we need time to discuss early on.
Old October 23, 2003, 00:18   #8
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 06:01
Quick question... we will finish researching whatever we begin on (IndBase it looks like) before the end of the turnchat. Is there any way I can look ahead to see what our options will be without cheating?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 23, 2003, 17:03   #9
Drogue
staff

Not really IIRC. The best way, IMHO, tyo see, is to choose the next 3 techs, but only use 2. Choose the top option for our next one (that we should know) then have two options in case one isn't possible.

Old October 23, 2003, 17:53   #10
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 13:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
Quick question... we will finish researching whatever we begin on (IndBase it looks like) before the end of the turnchat. Is there any way I can look ahead to see what our options will be without cheating?
Given the current choices (Doctrine: Mobility, Information Networks, Industrial Base and Social Psych), I think it's very probable that these are the next choices:

Doctrine: Mobility
Centauri Ecology
Progenitor Psych
Biogenetics
Social Psych
Industrial Economics
Applied Physics.

This is based upon the information gathered in the About beelining to Industrial Automation... thread in the General forum. I'd be very surprised if the technology choices were different.
Old October 23, 2003, 19:22   #11
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 07:01
Given that most of the posters supporting Industrial Base have also supported the Industrial Automation beeline, it's likely that they would support Industrial Economics from the above list. That's not to say you shouldn't poll it, but I wouldn't think you unjustified in deciding not to.

In the first ACDG, what we did most of the time was to allow two votes for technologies, selecting the top two choices as first and second choice, respectively. We also sometimes had separate votes for first-choice tech and backup tech, IIRC.
Old October 24, 2003, 14:28   #12
Drogue
staff

I disagree strongly. I think we should go Ind Base, Cent Eco, then Ind Econ. We need formers I'd love Ind Auto ASAP, but formers are needed beforre crawlers, else there won't even be forests to crawl.

Ind Base, Cent Eco, Ind Econ, Inf Nets, Plan Nets, Ind Auto - IMHO.

Old October 24, 2003, 14:44   #13
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
I disagree strongly. I think we should go Ind Base, Cent Eco, then Ind Econ. We need formers I'd love Ind Auto ASAP, but formers are needed beforre crawlers, else there won't even be forests to crawl.

Ind Base, Cent Eco, Ind Econ, Inf Nets, Plan Nets, Ind Auto - IMHO.
If you take Centauri Ecology, you'll have to take another tech as well before reaching IA. That is, the beeline will be delayed by one additional tech. If I'm correct, at least.
Old October 24, 2003, 15:45   #14
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

We don't have a deputy for Lemmy, we don't have CP, former and scout patrol orders, we don't know what to put in our build queues. May I assume there will be no turnchat tomorrow?
Old October 24, 2003, 17:16   #15
Drogue
staff

Build queues are hard to do when we don't know about base founding (I thought Makahalua would do a poll on base locations ) but I can easily get one done for tomorrow evening. If needs be I will deputise for Lemmy for the moment, since I am his Guild leader and Secretary for Foreign Affairs, both the closed to Military and the one with least to do. I can easily do a CP poll now too if you wish. That takes care of CP and Scout orders, build queues and Lemmy's deputy. All we need is Makahalua to give us Former orders, or even just CP orders and sod the poll (as I'd go for personally), and we're fine.

However since I'm not sure if I can turn up to turnchat tomorrow, since either my girlfriend will be over (no parents for a weekend) or she'll still be ill and so may need me. I may be there, as is seeming more likely (she's to ill to come over but doesn't want me to see her like that), but I cannot guarantee it.

Old October 24, 2003, 17:18   #16
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Minute Mirage
If you take Centauri Ecology, you'll have to take another tech as well before reaching IA. That is, the beeline will be delayed by one additional tech. If I'm correct, at least.
I don't really mind. IMHO, Ind Auto is useless without Cent Eco. What use are crawlers, that take that many mins, before you have forests, or any decent workers? What use is a Hab Complex when you can't grow?

Old October 24, 2003, 20:21   #17
Minute Mirage
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

I don't really mind. IMHO, Ind Auto is useless without Cent Eco. What use are crawlers, that take that many mins, before you have forests, or any decent workers? What use is a Hab Complex when you can't grow?
That was not meant as a critisism to your plan, I merely wanted to point out that the beeline you suggested is not likely to be quite as straight-forward. Indeed, I usually select Centauri Ecology as my very first technology.
Old October 25, 2003, 07:01   #18
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:01
Here's three possible options.

Option 1:
* Industrial Base
* Industrial Economics
* Information Networks
* Planetary Networks
* Industrial Automation
* Ecology

You research 3 techs that have negliable value for the hive in the early early game. 4th tech is planetary networks giving Planned, 5th tech is Industrial automation giving wealth (crawlers negliable as no terraforming in place), ecology gives formers.

Option 2
* Information Networks
* Ecology
* Planetary Networks
* Industrial Base
* Industrial Economics
(May need an extra tech researched here if unable to trade)
* Industrial Automation

2nd tech gives you formers and there is time before IA to get some forests in place. 3rd tech gives Planned.

Optimally try to trade for one of the beeline techs. If you manage to trade you don't need to divert from option 2 tech path, as the game will set the traded tech flag and that changes the tech availability formula. This enables IA without an additional tech needed. Otherwise just trade for any single tech. If you trade for two techs outside option 2 tech path, then IA will be disabled.

If you are unable to trade a tech, then you'll have to research an extra tech. What you research will depend on circumstances. The AI tends to horde techs with SP attached, so biogenetics might be a good choice to allow recycling tanks and HGP. The other techs will be easier to trade for, however that's assuming you managed to secure some kind of treaty with an AI.

Option 3
* Industrial Base
* Ecology
* Industrial Economics
* Information Networks
* Planetary Networks
(May need an extra tech researched here if unable to trade)
* Industrial Automation

Not a very good choice, compared to option 2 as you would perfer to be able to run Planned earlier rather than Free market.
Old October 25, 2003, 10:28   #19
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

If you want to organize polls, certainly go ahead Drogue!
Btw, since you're First Secretary of the capital Republic, I guess you're in charge of the formers, not Makahlua.

GeneralTacticus, if there's gonna be a turnchat anyway, where would you hold it?
Old October 25, 2003, 11:46   #20
Minute Mirage
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody

Optimally try to trade for one of the beeline techs. If you manage to trade you don't need to divert from option 2 tech path, as the game will set the traded tech flag and that changes the tech availability formula. This enables IA without an additional tech needed. Otherwise just trade for any single tech. If you trade for two techs outside option 2 tech path, then IA will be disabled.
I thought the traded flag is already in place, considering the first tech choices (Doc: Mob, Inf Net, Ind Base, Soc Psych) and that the Hive is in slot 5. I'm assuming here that Darsnan has used CTRL+F2 to give Doctrine: Loyalty to the Hive, which means that trading for techs won't do anything more to the flag.
Old October 25, 2003, 17:52   #21
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 21:01
I assumed Darsnan had placed us in slot 1. My mistake.
Old October 25, 2003, 21:20   #22
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
If you want to organize polls, certainly go ahead Drogue!
Btw, since you're First Secretary of the capital Republic, I guess you're in charge of the formers, not Makahlua.

GeneralTacticus, if there's gonna be a turnchat anyway, where would you hold it?
Well, given the time, I wouldn't expect there to be a chat this week, but I'd set up a new #acpsg channel and hold it there.
Old October 25, 2003, 23:48   #23
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 05:01
I'm on Apolyton chat often enough to volunteer to set a #acpsg for use...
Old November 1, 2003, 20:30   #24
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Okay, following a request from Maniac, I hereby announce that the first ACPSG turnchat will take place in the #ACPSG chanel on the apolytron server, at 2200 GMT Sunday the 2/10/2003. If anyone fails to turn up, or has not left enough orders, I shall use my discretion.
Old November 9, 2003, 05:11   #25
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

My orders (Factional Defense):
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=100854
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=100855

Sea Exploration:
A goes pod popping, follows the blue line (doesn't have to be exact )
B goes to explore the coast, follows the red line.

Land Exploration:
1 follows red.
2 also follows red.
3 follows blue.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!