Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by ljcvetko

I agree with everything you said Frank. Although the attack was possible according to civ 2 mp gold rules, this fact doesn't make it realistic. The attack was a clear exploit of the game mechanics.

I was under the impression that diploguiding was not allowed in this game. Deity was not. It is true diploguiding was discussed and Frank, Berzerker, Ozzy and I agreed to ban it. Raz even went one step further proposing to ban all guiding. Deity was undecided on this.

These are the facts, so you can decide if diploguiding was allowed or not. I think not. Deity thinks it was not agreed upon. Since he is claiming diploguiding was not prohibited, I can only interpret his move as unintentional breach of the rules, so he is not to be penalised for that in any way.
again ill state it, even if diplo guiding was outlawed, was explorer guiding outlawwed? or caravan guiding ??

that was why i asked for all guiding t obe banend but was shouted down by frank who stated, let common sense prevail and we dont want to many rules !!!!! what comes around comes around !!!!!

Now as for the attack, even without the guiding, i only had to cede one other city to deity to allow the atack to happen, so guiding isn the issue here, it wasnt used to do the attack, just movepast one city in my territory that deity could hav easked for and would hav ebeen given. Depsite franks protests i dont care two hoots for any improvments lost during the ceding process, i dont build many in those particualr citys for one reason ane one reason only, to allow me to cede them when needed to allow the attacks.

i deleiberatly targeted aquiring those strategic citys from games start to get a path to china. Frank allowed it happen beleiving due to my inability to play the game he neednt fear me, well my plan from turn one was to achieve wha ti have achieved now, being instrumental in game end by being in control of the highways to the world.

so frank despite claiming deity cheating was simply caught out by allowing his backdoor to be exposed.

and the reverse would never have occured, diety has many defneders surounding his citys on my border so even if i ceded to deitys enemies, there is no direct path to take many citys, would need to expand many howies just clearing the path to citys.

not that i would cede citys to china to allow this, as not once has china given anything to egypt, approaches from usb and serbia may of course be looked upon favourably as they have asisted egypt very much .
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old February 16, 2004, 19:55   #512
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

as can be seen from the quotes done by ljube, it was never agreed to ban guiding .. franks assertion to leave it open to interpretation later is what we are now doing, and we have interpreted it as it was ok in the context of the game, becasue as repeatedly stated , the same atttack could occur with only one other city to be ceded, deity has already offered to go back and replay the turn with no guiding using diplos/spys/explorers i will simply cede him whatever citys he needs to conquer china.

so here are the options.

1. Sat/sun we relaunch back one turn and deity redoes his whole move. and we waste another 4 hours .

2. deity and i launch the save before his turn ,some time during the week and replay his turn with me ceding him the citys he needs.this will save wasting 4 hours on weekend and will get us back to the same result we have now.

3. we continue from where we are.

as i see it all three options will end the same, china deciamted and an angry frank.

so decide and lets move on
Old February 16, 2004, 20:01   #513
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:08
If we replay and agree on no diplo guiding, Frank may accept deity's ultimatum this time.
Old February 16, 2004, 20:02   #514
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ok, started the new thread , this one reached its limit ... >500
Old February 16, 2004, 20:03   #515
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:08
No need for that yet.
Old February 16, 2004, 20:09   #516
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

yes threads are supposed to be limited to 500 maximum psots each..

i have asked ming to close this one ...
Old February 16, 2004, 20:09   #517
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 07:08
Raz just likes making the new threads. I beat him last time.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old February 16, 2004, 20:13   #518
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Do not, i just like obeying the rules
Old February 16, 2004, 20:28   #519
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 06:08
Past the limit guys

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=108759
Closed Thread