Closed Thread

Old October 29, 2003, 23:48   #61
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 07:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
So then use the first pic.

Don't forget though I'm totally pinned in Europe, while everyone else still has room to expand in their homelands. And I've been behind the whole game. And so far I don't have any wonders, and am behind in tech and...

But yea, getting to the Americas first is pretty nice. Hopefully I'll start competing with the big boys soon.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 30, 2003, 00:09   #62
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:07
umm aprat from the accesss to americas can youtell me how i am better of .. /////

I am trapped in desert. i have no wonders. i have been behind all game...

Hmm me think ozzzy is trying for the underdog position , but we all know that Europe and North america are best land in game.
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 30, 2003, 01:27   #63
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Naw, I'm not the underdog. Its clearly you. But I've been just one or two steps better than you all game, and several steps behind everyone else.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 30, 2003, 02:02   #64
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
Naw, I'm not the underdog. Its clearly you. But I've been just one or two steps better than you all game, and several steps behind everyone else.
now that maeks me laugh truly,,,,, whilst not wanting to debate your paln openly here, i would say it was always your intention to grab as much of europe as you could and sail to americas as soon as you achieved map making, knowing that your starting position would give you ealriest oppurtunity to get there.

choice of starting lcoation was vital in this game. my choice was going t obe great, i was going to head east and grab as much of asia minor and possibly further that i could, but not being able to play first session ended all my dreams.
Old October 30, 2003, 02:18   #65
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

wondering howe many players sit with a list of revolution years next to computer, (or memorised them all) , whilst obviously not a real cheat in the sense many would agree to, i think the use of knowledge of the mechanics of the game to that depth just take away the fun in the game. Revolutions were part and parcel of govenrment changes so to remove them from game by studying patterns seems too much.
do people use scouse gits hut and bonus finder program, is this a cheat ? or is it just yet another example of the wonderful skills of the palyers to know al labout these things.
Old October 30, 2003, 09:54   #66
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

I use neither.

Old October 30, 2003, 11:35   #67
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 05:07
I know of the revolution years, and that theres a set pattern, but its different on deity and emperor, and I don't really have a list to work off of.
Old October 30, 2003, 15:02   #68
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
Ozzy, atawa, it is essential to divide spheres of influence in America between England and Serbia. I have three settlers en route there, more to follow. I shall, of course, give one to Raz, but I think I should be granted a fair share of the New World.

A first step would be the exchange of maps to avoid any conflict. Serbs are already suspecting the English refusal to do so is an attempt to mask their preparations for an attack on Poland.
Old October 30, 2003, 15:10   #69
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Take it to the story thread.

But I assure you I have no intentions of attacking Poland or any other part of greater Serbia. I want only friendly relations with you and the rest of the world and I have communicated that to Atawa. He understands and will be pursuing a policy of total peace when he assumes control of the English kingdom.

Retaining control over our maps is not a sign of hostility, but rather protection of valuable information of which the security and future of England depends upon.

Old October 30, 2003, 15:11   #70
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

This would be much nicer to play out in character in the story thread than here.

Old October 30, 2003, 15:14   #71
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

btw, Raz, your winking anime chick is starting to freak me out.

Old October 30, 2003, 15:20   #72
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

I don't trust anyone who won't exchange maps with me. I exchange maps with everyone any time and I don't see how concealing maps could be beneficial for the one who is rejecting the exchange. The other one is certain to suspect that the secretive one is amassing an army.
Old October 30, 2003, 15:26   #73
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
btw, Raz, your winking anime chick is starting to freak me out.
you want to chat her up Ozzy ???

and yes take all this map switching hostility to the story threads..

I think i already managed to get a lot of info from ozzy i nstroy threads in maps anyway...
Old October 30, 2003, 15:36   #74
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

"Hey baby, I'd sure like to color in those lines."

Old October 30, 2003, 15:39   #75
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

"Hey baby, you've got a set of ears on you that would make Bugs Bunny jealous."

Old October 30, 2003, 18:04   #76
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

thats so i can breath through my ears
Old October 31, 2003, 01:41   #77
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Has anyone thought about some diplogaming missionary activity?

We've got a pretty small player pool here to be honest. And while I think its pretty damn cool, I'm sure most of Apolyton has never heard of diplogames.

Since we've got a very worthy successor of HOTW2 going now, this may be the time to try and drum up interest in the genre. If anyone even thinks this is worth doing. I think it'd be cool if we had like half a dozen different diplogames going all the time. I don't like to think that all the stories we craft with such care are only being read by 7 people.

Lets see if we can drum up more of an audience.

Old October 31, 2003, 02:46   #78
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin

now that maeks me laugh truly,,,,, whilst not wanting to debate your paln openly here, i would say it was always your intention to grab as much of europe as you could and sail to americas as soon as you achieved map making, knowing that your starting position would give you ealriest oppurtunity to get there.

choice of starting lcoation was vital in this game. my choice was going t obe great, i was going to head east and grab as much of asia minor and possibly further that i could, but not being able to play first session ended all my dreams.
Raz, you said you didn't mind where you started! The stories are more important

ozzy started on a small island, a challenging start. And he went for Europe before running out of space and heading West.
Old October 31, 2003, 02:53   #79
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

i stil ldont care where i started, what i meant to say was that each starting location had its own critical begiinnings that needed to be done. Ozzys meant map making and americas were important as he would soon meet serbs.

for egyptians it was absolutly essentil i expand eastwards and take as much as possible.

unfoprtuanlty for me, i am the only one that didnt get to do the start they wanted and so am left only with the stories, the game is over for us, unlike ozzy my poor start in number of cities will never catch up to the others, but provided people continue to post storys and paly as a diplo game i will enjoy this as well as i can.

i did think i was offered pyramids but in re reading the thread i wasnt so i mistkenly was building them but wasted all my sheilds there too. another mistake on my part.... keep making it hard on my self, also not knowing revolutuion years my civ wil lnow be in revolt for a while.
Old October 31, 2003, 03:26   #80
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin
i stil ldont care where i started, what i meant to say was that each starting location had its own critical begiinnings that needed to be done. Ozzys meant map making and americas were important as he would soon meet serbs.

for egyptians it was absolutly essentil i expand eastwards and take as much as possible.

unfoprtuanlty for me, i am the only one that didnt get to do the start they wanted and so am left only with the stories, the game is over for us, unlike ozzy my poor start in number of cities will never catch up to the others, but provided people continue to post storys and paly as a diplo game i will enjoy this as well as i can.

i did think i was offered pyramids but in re reading the thread i wasnt so i mistkenly was building them but wasted all my sheilds there too. another mistake on my part.... keep making it hard on my self, also not knowing revolutuion years my civ wil lnow be in revolt for a while.
But we kept all of Northern Africa available for you (it's better than you realise - lots of coastal cities with Harbours); gave you 5 extra settlers after AI bad start, I gave you a settler, Berz gave you a city, you successfully destroyed a Tartar city and built in the ME, you got lots of extra techs from me and Serbs....

Your basis for a civ is just as good as any I reckon
Old October 31, 2003, 04:17   #81
Ljube
Emperor

Stop whining Raz! I'll give you a settler in South America as promised. You can start building your empire from there.

The attached picture is the real life St. Sava's Cathedral, still under construction (the biggest cathedral in the Balkans). I would like Mike renamed to St. Sava's Cathedral and this image used. Could you fix it Frank? If the image is inappropriate, could you tell me what kind of pictures would be good.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sava.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	56287  

Last edited by Ljube; October 31, 2003 at 04:27.
Old October 31, 2003, 06:11   #82
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by deity

But we kept all of Northern Africa available for you (it's better than you realise - lots of coastal cities with Harbours); gave you 5 extra settlers after AI bad start, I gave you a settler, Berz gave you a city, you successfully destroyed a Tartar city and built in the ME, you got lots of extra techs from me and Serbs....

Your basis for a civ is just as good as any I reckon
Ok ok, so you all love me.......

But jsut remeber none of this would be necessary if ya didnt start without me

but anyway thats in the past... now it stime to post storys guys, been a real lack except from the greatest diplo players ozzy and me !!!

is everyone ready for this weekened, i bleieve ozzy has a sub, is everyone else ok ??
Old October 31, 2003, 06:16   #83
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

oh and stil lawaiting pics of all you other ugly mugs

and subs too please
Old October 31, 2003, 06:56   #84
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

thinks i might rename the webaite the ozzy and raz show LOL
Old October 31, 2003, 11:17   #85
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

You can still catch up Raz. At the end of last session you had 8 cities I had 9. Thats only a difference of one, if you expanded at the same rate I did you would have been up to 13 now. And thats not including all the foreign help. Didn't you get a settler from the Serbs and the Azande last session? Plus a city from Berzerker? So 8+3=11. Since you have 12 cities right now, that means during the entire session last week you only built 1 city on your own. You can step that up.

As Deity said, you've got all of North Africa, not the best land in the world, but you can work with it. Lots of ocean access unlike the Tartars. You also should send a ship down to Australlia or the islands around it. Plus with the settler Ljube gives you in S. America you could have your finger in every pot. Just expand like mad and you will be good.

Also, compare this to HOTW2. Basically you've got all the land of the Mali and half the land of Israel. As I recall you did pretty damn well for yourself as Israel in HOTW2. Imagine if you had all of N. Africa too.

As for my start, it wasn't that great. I maintain it was worse than yours. The only difference is I was there for all the sessions, and you missed the first two. The most important thing in the early game is exploring. I couldn't do much of that at all since I was trapped on my small island. By the time I got mapmaking and landed someone in Europe Ljube had popped half the huts in W. Europe already. Exploring further was pretty much out of the question, all the great huts in Asia were taken by the Serbs, Tartars & Chinese.

This gave everyone a good tech lead, more cities, more money to build more cities, etc. Because of this I've been behind much of the game. In fact for much of the game I was 7th in population, behind even the Egyptians!

Now I'm doing my best to better my situation. I'm still near the bottom in terms of size and power, but I'm growing. All without charity too.

Ok, I've said my piece.

As for stories, come on slackers. Post!

Old October 31, 2003, 13:02   #86
Frank Johnson
King

Ok here's the new package with wonder mods and fixed oracle. Enjoy.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip hotw4.zip (390.4 KB, 4 views)
Old October 31, 2003, 13:17   #87
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

My cities still aren't European, and Oracle has polytheism as its starting tech rather than Mysticism. Fine by me if that's what everyone wants, but its different than standard. And it expires at Theory of Gravity, I thought we decided Industrialization?

Old October 31, 2003, 13:32   #88
Frank Johnson
King

When I load up the scenario your cities look european....am I wrong?
Old October 31, 2003, 13:39   #89
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Hmm, thats strange. They look like bronze monolyth to me. What does everyone else see?

Also, since we aren't using the classical building set, we should find a use for it. How about we get Deity some subsaharan african huts. And then since Raz would be the only one using the bronze set, we could get him some mideastern theme.

Just thoughts. I could look for some options for you if you want, Frank.

Old October 31, 2003, 17:01   #90
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

didnt get a setler from serbs lst session ozzy as where he was sending it i already had a city and he went away . the settler from azande was given late in game and was given to me agai nwhere i already had a city so actually apart from the city that the peaceful indians gave me i built all the others.

as for building ship to sail aroud world, by the time i build boat and then a settler and then sail to australai or other islands, i am sure others that are already there will have taken the best lands anyway

besides, the MAN had us building some stupid big army to kill the infidels that slowed me down too. I reaally got to get control of my split personality !!!!
Closed Thread